It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The way humanity is at the moment on earth, divided into different countries, with their own self interest at heart, and the friction that exists among separate nations, military goings on and religious agendas, it is probably best that NO human gets their hands on ET technology until a more harmonious Earth exists. As much as I, and most of you, would like the lid to come off this enigma, it may be more prudent to leave things as they are for now. After all, THEY have been with us for quite some considerable time, so why now? Things are way too volatile to add a verifiable ET presence to the mix. Perhaps whatever we are, whatever our origins are, they have always been with us and are caretakers of sorts in a bigger picture we know little about. Also, if the ET association with humans contained information relating to our origins that rendered some major religions null and void, the fallout from this could be unpredictable or even catastrophic. Religious beliefs tap deep into the human psyche.
edit on 17/12/11 by Donegal_TDI because: to edit

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiddlyDeePotatoes
i think there is no such thing as a real "alien" , its something mankind made up , just like santy , just like the easter bunny , just like jesus and ghandi.

So does that response mean....you do or do not believe a coverup is going on by the Goverment in your case since you state E.T. does not exist.....and if this coverup is to protect secret programs by the military?

You have not answered the question. Whether you do or do not believe in E.T. is errelevent as if you will look at page 1 post 5....I apologized for not including those who do not believe in E.T. So an answer would be appreciated. Thanks. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by SplitInfinity

So, if I am following you, a shadow government agreement?

That's even worse...

That for sure most likely Corporate
AKA TPTB just think were is all that gold going for the last 2000 year or more

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

TDI....much of what you have said....I believe to be true....but this is for the purpose of finding out what others think. Question....Do you believe they have ben a guiding hand....or an unstoppable force with little interest in our personal liberties...but do have a desire to gain scientific information? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
realizing....hatred, jealousy as well as bigotry....just make a person as DUMB as is possible. I don't care if you have a 200 IQ....if you treat others with disdane....you are a moron. Split Infinity

Are you referring to?

Originally posted by Pimander
On the one hand, the fact that so many humans are still hung up on the foolish Judeo-Christian notion that the Earth was created for "Man" to rule over that it would be a real shock for many people and institutions to have that BS dispelled.

If you are, I think you've misjudged my attitude a bit....

My comment about that belief is not born out of hatred or jealousy. It's my opinion and is born out of a genuine concern for the future of my brothers and sisters. The belief that humans are above Nature's other creations is dangerous and harmful which is why I said it it's foolish. Species are becoming extinct daily, the rain forests are disappearing and lots more. I hope that enough people wake up to the idea that we are part of something far greater than us and buck the trend.

As for the use of the word bigot, if it's a reference to me then it couldn't be further from the truth.

bigot noun

a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
dictionary.reference.com...

My attitude to people who believe what I said above is pretty tolerant. It's just my honest opinion which surely I'm entitled to.

If it came across as disdain then I apologise to anyone I have offended as it wasn't the intention. I'm typing this so I can't be that disdainful.

Finally, feel free to quickly judge a person to be a moron when you know so little about them. I'm basically a good person and that isn't going to change. Being honest can offend but I prefer honesty to the alternative.

Regards

Pimander

P.S. I completely agree with what you say about IQ tests. Complete nonsense. I think emotional intelligence is the measure of a person. Common sense is not that common after all.
edit on 17/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

PRIMANDER....No...I was not refering to you at all....if fact I found your response refreshing. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If it was up to me personally, I would say bring it on, I have no issues with accepting whatever the big story is,
getting the truth for a change would be refreshing.
However, I feel they are intrinsically associated with who we are, our origins, they do not appear to be concerned with rights of an individual, but us as a whole. They are not simply visitors from somewhere else, curious about us.
Maybe generations from now, someone(post disclosure) may be searching this board(archived) and saying to themselves, "They really had no idea how BIG, and how relevant, this story was."
As we are, we are a closed inward looking society with no acknowledged contact with an off world intelligence, and we have our own little beliefs, religions and sometimes arrogant views on our scientific discoveries.
Realising that we are not the centre of everything would be paradigm shifting in the most extreme.
Bear in mind, while disclosure would be a first for us, it isn't for our visitors and they are probably very aware of likely reactions at our current stage of development, as they have most likely seen this many times before.
It is most probable we are not their only "farm".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hey Split thanks for the thread, a very good one indeed. Nice to see you around.

I think this topic goes back to Richard Doty. He was stuck in a really big role, an intelligence role, even when he was working at the Air Force I heard his higher ups were questionable. He may have been part of this MJ-12 evidence, he may have orginated it all. Even though as an intelligence operative he plays be a big script, making sure that the most percent of what he says is false, but his underlying meaning tends to stay the same, and some of what he says can be seemingly meaningful if it is put together like the pieces of a puzzle. Of couse this is how government intelligence personnel would operate. When a scientist started talking to the Senator of New Mexico (Summer of 1979 months before Richard Doty knew anything about it) about an alien underground base Doty was quick on the scene and broke into his house to ransack it.

It is a smart story because the coverup is meaningful, so in the whole story 10 or 20 percent is true, meant for 10 or 20 percent of the population that has enough knowledge to handle it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I believe you are spot on! This is a very complex issue that brings all sorts of questions...Moral, Emotional....intrinsic to who and what Humans believe we are and where we are going. I started this topic to see how many of us here understand EXACTLY what you have just posted.

It is very easy to cry foul and on this subject....there is alot to cry foul about....but very few have an understanding of what is the big picture and that includes me as well.

I have stated many times I know E.T. to be a reality....I have also posted that I wish I did not know this to be true. I still wish I did not know. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Greyer....I appreciate the nice words. I would say that those in the REAL KNOW....are but a number in the HUNDREDS. Even those who are part of it....do not know everything. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The world would not have been ready if E.Ts were disclosed to the public in 2011. 2011 is not ready for aliens i'm afraid you will not hear about aliens from the government for quite some time.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I added a bit to the previous post but I'll repeat it here as I would like your views.

"As we are, we are a closed inward looking society with no acknowledged contact with an off world intelligence, and we have our own little beliefs, religions and sometimes arrogant views on our scientific discoveries.
Realising that we are not the centre of everything would be paradigm shifting in the most extreme.
Bear in mind, while disclosure would be a first for us, it isn't for our visitors and they are probably very aware of likely reactions at our current stage of development, as they have most likely seen this many times before, elsewhere!
It is most probable we are not their only 'farm'."

I may not get a chance to respond again for 24hrs.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I would think that any Alien Race that has Interstellar travel abilities....would have many research programs going on on many worlds. Discosure...in my opinion...would be a DISASTER! But this thread was to see what people here thought about COVERUP....whether they believe E.T. to exist or not....whether the coverup was for the purpose of Hidding secret Military Programs...or was in place to prevent Humans from reacting in a manner that would be chaos to our system.

By nature....all people want the truth....unless they feel that the truth is not something they can deal with. People who post here are of the percentage that they want to know the truth....even DEMAND IT. I can understand that.

My curiousity was how many here understand the stakes involved. So far...the topic has worked well. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Cover up is good... you don't have the need to know

There will be no disclosure... the White House just issued a statement to answer the petition..

"There are no aliens and the government is not covering up anything..."

edit on 17-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The military machine, by it's very nature, will seize on any opportunity, without scruples or morals, to better it's lot, and get a bigger hammer than the next guy. This is only complicating the ET issue. The military are probably very aware that our visitors are not simply 100's of years ahead of us, but maybe 10's of thousands or even millions. This is too big a jump to let our current military machine get their hands on something they are clearly ill equipped to deal with.
It would be like giving a nuclear device to a Neanderthal. Our friends will stay aloof, because at this time they can make better choices than we can.
If we are in possession of any ET tech, it is merely the crumbs from their cosmic table.

Humans are but one of the many species in the cosmos than can play host to, or contain, a recycling soul.

Later, and thanks for a brilliant topic. Stay well.
edit on 17/12/11 by Donegal_TDI because: To edit

link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
But this thread was to see what people here thought about COVERUP....whether they believe E.T. to exist or not....whether the coverup was for the purpose of Hidding secret Military Programs...or was in place to prevent Humans from reacting in a manner that would be chaos to our system.

Cover-up: Yes but some disinformation pretends to cover up things they want you to believe.

To hide secret military programs: Some of the UFO phenomenon has been created to do precisely that.

In place to prevent chaotic human reaction: Partly but the UFO community has been encouraged to believe in ET. The manipulation is pretty transparent.

link   

In return, I've found you're good at math, deductions. At the same time you under estimate a persons ability
to know exactly how to say something in obscurity. See truth is a big thing with me and I can say, I bet I know better than you exactly what I said.

The only disdain I have for this thread is something you control. The amount of text is insufficient and theres no reason with a topic like this. Everyone has a lot to say. Your opener is essential to an interesting thread. If you
choose to be offended by that? Well that is the truth.
edit on 17-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Cover up is good... you don't have the need to know

ZORGON....I take it you are being facetious. So....if you believe it to be a bad thing....what do you suggest as a way to deal with the issue? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Pimander...I also agree that disclosure would be very disturbing to those of highly Religious beliefs and practices. Although I have no issue nor do I think there is conflict with a persons belief in GOD and the existance of E.T. There are many who view religious text as reality. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The CoverUp of the existence of Extraterrestrials is a bad thing, and telling the truth would be good.
The negative ETs and humans who want the CoverUp would lose their power to control the human race, because the fact that there are ETs is just the tip of the iceberg of lies.
The positive ETs who want the truth revealed, would then be able to openly assist the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join