It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

BEZZ...I never said that we could all come together as far as it pertains to anything associated with this issue...I am trying to find out what you and others think. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I would direct a response to you by reading my response to Wrabbit.

Regardless of the year, we just aren't ready.

When I was twenty, I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters. Right next to Rendalsham (sp?) Forrest. At the time, I was there just a year after the UFO event(s). I was full of optimism and would have readily agreed on the disclosure issue.

30 years later? I'm an bitter, cynical, angry old man. My faith in humanity has been coloured by events over that time.

If I could, I'd tell the aliens, "Don't bother. We're not worth the visit."

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You need to learn about what makes a quality thread first.
But to answer your simple question. Cover ups only cover up one thing. The truth. You do the math.

Believe it or not...your reply does help me answer some questions. In your case...your statement demonstrates your disdain for this thread....thus...you place little value on what peoples opinions are about this issue. You do however believe any form of coverup is a violation of the truth...and I am guesing you refer to the peoples right to know.

You say more than you know. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by beezzer

BEZZ...I never said that we could all come together as far as it pertains to anything associated with this issue...I am trying to find out what you and others think. Split Infinity

I guess you got my answer then.

Any aliens we have better be minority/disabled/athiest(or muslim)/and at least bi-sexual. Or else we'll just kill each other over the silly little details.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks they have the right to hide information from people is wrong. We live here, we deserve to know. Who says the government employees are smarter or more deserving than any other civilian. Lies are bAd children :3

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Really!?....I love G.B....and have been there many times over the years for various reasons. If your statement is true....you should be able to answer this....what is McNamara's Folly? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
Anyone who thinks they have the right to hide information from people is wrong. We live here, we deserve to know. Who says the government employees are smarter or more deserving than any other civilian. Lies are bAd children :3

I hide the truth about Santa because I want my son to believe in an ideal.
They hide the truth about chemical X because you wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
They hide the truth about ET's because for all it's warts, our sad little world is all we have.

The truth doesn't always set you free, sometimes it just illuminates the chains that bind.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

Charon...as I have just replied to another poster....the people who deal with all that is E.T...are no anserable to any Government. They are based in the U.S. but are everywhere. IKE made this decision to protect us all as anything that is tainted by politicians....becomes a debacle...nor does it work.

Money is not the driving force here...as even though the agency deseminates tech. to those it feels have a legitamite ability to develop....there is no possibility of this tech. either becoming public or being used in a War other than a possible prevention of a Nuclear strike....and even then....the U.S. has perfectly effective methods of dealing with a possible rouge nations launching of a Nuclear tiped missle.

What I am looking for is....OK...you believe coverup is wrong....but how would you feel if you knew that this coverup was saving lives as well as limiting horrific experimentation on people? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so.

I wish it was as simple as just a cover up regarding aliens. While I do think "proof" of the existence of alien life has been suppressed there is more to the tale than that.

Much of the intelligence lies and disinformation appears to be clearly designed to make people believe that things THAT ARE NOT TRUE are being covered up. Look at the Dulce material for a start. The games played there led to the breakdown and arguably the death of Paul Bennewitz. In this example the disinformation was partly to discredit and confuse the fact that Bennewitz had observed secret craft/operations and I suspect partly to help lay the blame for cattle mutilations on aliens when they were probably conducted covertly by government forces. There are other factors at play but I don't want to write an essay here.

Is the cover up of E.T. existence good or bad? If for the sake of argument aliens are conventional E.T.s then I have to admit to having doubts about how good/bad any cover-up is.

On the one hand, the fact that so many humans are still hung up on the foolish Judeo-Christian notion that the Earth was created for "Man" to rule over that it would be a real shock for many people and institutions to have that BS dispelled.

On the other hand humanity is still like a child (with very dangerous toys) who hasn't grasped the idea that the world does not revolve around them. To reach the next level of maturity (and become wiser in the use of said toys) perhaps the species has to know the truth that it is not the most advanced and important one around. In that sense you could say the cover up is bad.

Ultimately, I think it is in the interest of some VERY powerful interest groups that humans remain like a child. It is far easier to manipulate and rule a child than a mature enlightened adult. For that reason, as well as the hot water certain authorities would be in, I don't see it happening any time soon unless events force disclosure.
edit on 17/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/12/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Really!?....I love G.B....and have been there many times over the years for various reasons. If your statement is true....you should be able to answer this....what is McNamara's Folly? Split Infinity

Is this a trick question?
Some sort of Cuba/communist Vietnam thing (off the top of my head)

I'll google to make sure.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
BEZZ...I am waiting for you to answer my question....if you were where you state you were....then you would know this...I will ask again....what was McNamara's Folly? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

BEZZ...I am waiting for you to answer my question....if you were where you state you were....then you would know this...I will ask again....what was McNamara's Folly? Split Infinity

Is this some sort of RAF Bentwaters/RAF Woodbridge thing?
If it is an issue I'll fax/scan a copy of my orders and DD214 but I don't really like having my integrity questioned.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
To be honest, disclosure if imminent, it's happening all around us, you see it in films every day, there's more and more alien/abduction films being released all the time, this week I've watched 5 that have pretty much just hit the cinema..

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Can I say I don't see the point in it?

It's like hiding the fact that black people exists.

It's just stupid and pointless.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

PIMANDER...a very thoughtful and concise response. I like that! LOL! The issue is so complex and of such a moral delema. Even though I am a terrible speller....don't ask me why because I don't know....I have been at many a lecture and been part of what I call...BULL$#@% Higher Learning.

Nothing pisses me off more....except maybe a skunky beer....than to have some Doctorate in Ethics to form oppinions without really answering anything....then act so smug as if they were doing a bunch of kids...eager to express themselves and their opinions.....as to leave the lecture hall in a manner that is reminicent of a Quarterback leaving the field....at the Superbowl....Victorious! Hate that!

I know as a fact that old as well as current IQ tests that in my day were mandatory....are flawed....sometimes I would answer a question in the way I KNEW the creators of the test wanted the question answered....just so I would score well. But the truth is...their questions were flawed and a person of a specific kind of High Intelligence...Logic...analitical based....could se this....the answer they wanted was wrong.

At the same time....these tests were rigged to only judge one form of intelligence and took no interest in other forms of IQ such as Social IQ....Instictual IQ....Interaction with other people....IQ....I know people who can figure out the inverse square of a multidigit number....but couldn't express themselves or communicate their ideas to anyone because they were good at one thing but not others. My childhood friend....one of the smartest people I know....was a little slow....but brilliant.....they gave him a score of 85. Then they told his parents that he might be slightly mentaly retarded....he takes a drug now that balances his brains chemistry and is making a 6 figure salary.

Me....I have zip for short term memory...unless I concentrate....then I remember....I have unbelievable long term memory as well as super skills of observation....still....I can't spell worth a crap...and can't remember where I placed my sunglasses....but I can remember every musical note or vocal line or transpose instantaniously music into various keys....I scored 174 on my IQ....but I think my "UNCLE" who is the one who saved me from Military Recruiters....is much smarter than I am....even though he cannot think as analitical as I can....he has COMMON SENCE....and I think that is the best form of Intelligence a person can have....that and realizing....hatred, jealousy as well as bigotry....just make a person as DUMB as is possible. I don't care if you have a 200 IQ....if you treat others with disdane....you are a moron. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think the secrecy was necessary in the beginning, but they should have taken measures to slowly condition the public for the release of information pertaining to E.T's. The cover up has gone on far too long now and has given birth to an atmosphere of mistrust and skepticism among some of its own citizens who, rightly so, think the government is full of # and can not be trusted. I'm certain this is the case, no, the government can not be trusted under any circumstance, their credibility is dwindling fast.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Is this some sort of RAF Bentwaters/RAF Woodbridge thing?
If it is an issue I'll fax/scan a copy of my orders and DD214 but I don't really like having my integrity questioned.

I am not trying to embarrass you or question your integrity. I just happen to be....familiar with what went on there during the Cold War and as those bases were front line Nuclear Response or First Strike capable....this term I speak of was used after a few mechanics got ahold of the terms use from a visiting Defense Contractor sent there to decrease the percentage of DOWN TIME....as not many people knew of the term previous to this....it caught some momentum and the term was regularly used there as a deragatory term for some specific....I woun't tell you what....but I will tell you it flew! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioactiveRob

Bob....I respect your answer....question....what if the controlling entity of what will be covered up as well as their ability to opperate completely autonomous from the U.S. or any other Goverment....as it was designed to be this way to avoid corruption....what if it is not the U.S. Goverment that is covering up anything....but a group that was put in place very shortly after massive overflights by E.T. of Washington DC....and you can check this ...google et overflights in mass washington dc......and because we had something of theirs...they were sending us a message short of blasting away at us.....and we used this....and put on a poker face and said....you are not going to be so OVERT as to attack....we will give back some.....things....but we want to limit your activities which include overt overflights....limit number of abductions and deaths....YES....some people never come back....and we want to keep a few things.....if you do not agree....we will deal with your rivals.....what would you think of a coverup being good or bad if all that was true? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i think there is no such thing as a real "alien" , its something mankind made up , just like santy , just like the easter bunny , just like jesus and ghandi.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Can I say I don't see the point in it?

It's like hiding the fact that black people exists.

It's just stupid and pointless.

Mind if I ask you....are you refering to my topic? And if so....why would you use an anology using a group of peoples race? I am allowing you to respond so I do not jump to conclusions about you.

Also....if you are commenting about my topic....and if your stupid and pointless statement applies to it....you may have that of opinion....but there is no logic to your statement. Under the conditions and parameters laid out by this response....you are making a declaration that 1. You don't see the point....thus do not understand why I started the topic....and 2.....rather than ask a question of why I started the topic....you are quick to deciede that it has no value and is stupid and pointless. I will not even comment anything on the race statement yet until you respond.

So by your own logic....if a person asks a group of people their opinion on how they feel or think or judge a subject that you...as claimed...cannot see a point.....so it should be deemed to be stupid? Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join