It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

OK...2000...I take it you vote in the VERY BAD Column. Do you believe that this coverup...if it exists...and yes...I am one that will say...I know it does...but to serve as a control on responses....please do not take my posts as an influence upon your response because I would like to hear YOUR OPINION...and no others or comments from another that might sway you...if it exists...does it lessen your life in any circumstance?

Just what you logicly think, believe...and even have a gut feeling about. Split Infinity

Okay, now you're making me really think on it.. I assume you want a straight answer about only direct effect on my life, as an individual and no further to others. Well, does it lessen my life... Hmm... I honestly have to answer that from two directions. No..I suppose the cover-up doesn't lessen my life as an individual person in any tangible way I can point to and say 'There, that is where my life would be better by knowing'. No spots like that I can think of..and you have got me to thinking on this one.

That second direction is simply noting that it's impossible to say how it may lessen my life with no context or concept of how changed my life would be..or what my world would have looked like had this not been a secret side to life and been right out front and a part of our daily reality.

I guess that second part is getting to digress from what you straight up asked for though. So, in the narrow context of your question...no. I can't see how it does......and why do I feel while I type this, that there is more I need to consider in this, but I'm just drawing a blank for what I'm missing within my thought process as a factor.

You asked for feelings too..and there it is. A nagging that as much as my mind says it's my final answer...my spiritual side is noting I'm being a dummy and missing a forest for the trees. Now I'll be stewing on this until I nail it down. lol... Thanks for a mind twister!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

The trouble with that question is that you have assumed that everyone who posts here, is convinced that there is a cover up.

To agree, or comment on whether "the cover up is a good or bad thing", is to agree that we are being visited by aliens.......and I'm not convinced.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Tell me the truth about the cover up and I'll tell you if I think its good or bad. If et is here and the world is this bad I would say its bad they covered it up.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

NUKE PAUL....so you feel that this is a bad thing and that the coverup extends as far out as Celebrity status individuals as a way keep us in line and make them money. Ok...Question....if we have captured advance Alien Tech...why have these World Controlling Companies and the like...not been allowed to benifit monetarily from this tech?

And why would massive corps such as Micro..S and others....keep pumping Billions into R&D if they new something a thousand times or more advanced tech....was buyable for the right price? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

BEEZZER....You are of the first in the Good Thing Catagore....are you sure you would feel the same if a relative of yours was being abducted or had some very good proof that they were? Split Infinity

If a relative was abducted, what good would disclosure do?

We aren't grown enough.
Period.

We can't agree on religion, skin colour, eating red meat, smoking, government, taxes, sexual orienttion.

And you and the rest of the posters honestly think we can come together and universally accept alien life in the same manner?

Aliens "come out of the closet" and (as a society) we'd tear ourselves apart!

I'll agree on dsclosure when people stop killing based on religion.
Deal?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

reply to post by gortex

GORTEX....what do you believe...your own opinion....of what the immediate reaction would be to FULL DISCLOSURE? Split Infinity

I believe that it would largely be greeted with excitement and a sense of relief at finally knowing , of course some wont take it so well but they will have to come to terms with the new reality .
It could be the thing that stops us destroying ourselves , the knowledge that there is more than just us

That is a very hopeful answer...I hope you are right. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beezzer, I wonder if we might want to at least give passing thought to another possible outcome? I hear you and see your point about Aliens adding a new factor to the mix of hate and things to fear for so many people...but might it not have the opposite effect?

It may not be the most positive outcome from ET's perspective, but I wonder if disclosure wouldn't be as likely to bring humanity together in common purpose against a common "threat"..as I think we all know many would immediately see it as.

This idea had just crossed my mind while reading that latest post of yours and I thought I'd toss this into the space to get stomped with everything else.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

I respect your answer but....question...as I asked on a previous post to another....what if the coverup was part of a deal between Humans and E.T. to limit abductions...because without the deal...they could do what they wished? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

So...your response is there is a coverup designed by E.T. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

The trouble with that question is that you have assumed that everyone who posts here, is convinced that there is a cover up.

To agree, or comment on whether "the cover up is a good or bad thing", is to agree that we are being visited by aliens.......and I'm not convinced.

If you look at the fifth post on this topic...I apologized for not listing people who believe there is no coverup or people who believe that a coverup is the result of keeping secrets about Military Projects that are very advanced.
Split Infinity

link   
reply to post by beezzer

post by beezzer
I'll agree on dsclosure when people stop killing based on religion.
Deal?

No deal

People will kill whether its for religion or a flag or just for the hell of it , that's who we are .
That can't be a barrier to what would be the biggest reality shift for humanity in our history , its the 21st century and I believe humanity is more than ready and grown up enough to accept the new reality .

The big question is are they ready for us

edit on 17-12-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am not sure I completely understand what you are saying.

I think there are different types of abductions. Perhaps by different races. Some could be to our benefit. Some other abductions are simply horrible. But all memories should have been wiped clean. Which didn't work that well after all as many people do remember. So, for me, there could be good and bad alien races.

What I am saying is that the government isn't necessarily in a treaty with any of them for these abductions to happen. If such would be the case, they would have no choice - after all this time - but to promote silence. For their own sake.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Alwight you qwazy WABBIT! I admit...it is a tough question. How can one know what they are lacking in life if they do not know of it's existance. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Tell me the truth about the cover up and I'll tell you if I think its good or bad. If et is here and the world is this bad I would say its bad they covered it up.

I can't. I am not privey to everything that goes on. Neither would I prefer to exist at the bottom of the Atlantic.
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You need to learn about what makes a quality thread first.
But to answer your simple question. Cover ups only cover up one thing. The truth. You do the math.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

its the 21st century and I believe humanity is more than ready and grown up enough to accept the new reality . The big question is are they ready for us

Isn't it time for God sakes ??

A great proportion of humanity already believes that they are here. Enough of the hide and seek games.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

One thing I CAN say....the Goverment...is not in leage with any treaties. Ike made sure of that. Can you imagine Congress coming to term with any of this! HA! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If aliens attacked, we'd have appeasers, and fighters.

We might as well just face it. We are a difficult species who will find every and any reason/excuse to fight.

If an intelligent species did visit and was here, the smart thing to do would be to keep quiet.

To your point, imagine a virus attacking the human race.
We wouldn't even gain consensus on THAT!

Some would laud the virus.
Some would hate and try to kill the virus.

We are a combative, argumentative species. I would imagine alien civilizations looking at us the same way WE view the Kardashians!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So, if I am following you, a shadow government agreement?

That's even worse...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think there is information about the UFO phenomenon that is being kept secret by some governments and governmental agencies.

However, I believe that even if all such information was "disclosed" we'd be no nearer an explanation than we are now. There are already major nations that have opened up their files without shedding any new light on the subject.

As an aside, if you look at Ufology in the modern era (since 47) there is a long and documented history of high weirdness and psychological problems affecting researchers. I suspect somewhere along the line this may have happened to government researchers as well and wound up jammed into some metaphorical filing cabinets giving rise to some of the crazier rumors we hear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join