It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROUD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

PROUD!

www.youtube.com

There is no story snipet here, barring our own humanity and really standing up for what we all truly know could be without ignorance!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OK mods...I don't know where this belongs, basically because you don't have an appropriate forum as far as I can see for it.
I think this should be one of those 'daily diaries' type thing, where people can post their 'proud' acts of random kindness, where other participants can come for daily inspiration... Ban me if you want...the gloves are off!
You mods know I only come from a place of Rainbows and 'love it better'. So if the owners of this site and you mods REALLY want ATS to make a difference, that deny ignorance can be random acts of kindness that TRULY make a difference.
Rainbows
Jane

We spend so much time on here saying how anything wonderful just wont work, belitteling anybody's wonderful ideas, questioning why Ickey babes points out the problems we face, but with no suggestions of solutions.
Well it's about time we got off our arses and do what David, bless him, has been saying all these years....

click here to watch the video

so post away guys!...On going thread/sticky of what you have done to make US proud to be HUMAN

Rainbows
Jane

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, since you posted a song link, with just lyrics on it and no real video, I would put this in the music section.

The song was just OK and I listened to all of it.

I think you do have a good idea here, just not the right opening.

I do enjoy your posts though!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
Lame

2nd line

Lame? I assume you are describing yourself?(sarcasm not intended but you asked for it with your one word response)
Or is your lack of vocabulary restricting your explanation?
My purpose in this thread is for people to say what they have done that has benefitted another human.
Lame as a response just shows how lame you are in my view, with no positive feelings towards your fellow man at all.
At least I can say I tried to make people feel better about themselves, I am genuinely sorry I didn't in your case, or that the Lighthouse Family didn't inspire you.
This thread is obviously not for you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
Well, since you posted a song link, with just lyrics on it and no real video, I would put this in the music section.

Sorry to dissapoint, maybe this will help
www.youtube.com...

to find

www.youtube.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Sorry to dissapoint, maybe this will help
www.youtube.com...

to find

www.youtube.com...

Rainbows
Jane

Now that Jane, does not disappoint!

Ok, here's something I did that has benefited another human.

This is something true. I do not have children of my own. When I was 34, I was a single guy. I had a friend, Peggy, who lived close to me who got sick and passed away. She left behind a daughter who was 15, Kim. Kim's dad was a deadbeat who spent more time with his band and his drink than he did with Peggy or Kim. After Peggy's passing, Kim came to me and asked me if she could live with me instead of her dad. I couldn't and wouldn't have said no. I got that ass%^&* to sign guardianship papers for her over to me until she was 18.

I became a Dad to a fifteen year old girl at the age of 34 instantly.

That was not easy, but she finished school and is on her own now.

Star and Flag for you now that I know what your post is about...

And, she never got beat up like her momma.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Sorry to disappoint, maybe this will help
www.youtube.com...

to find

www.youtube.com...

Rainbows
Jane

Now that Jane, does not disappoint!

Ok, here's something I did that has benefited another human.

This is something true. I do not have children of my own. When I was 34, I was a single guy. I had a friend, Peggy, who lived close to me who got sick and passed away. She left behind a daughter who was 15, Kim. Kim's dad was a deadbeat who spent more time with his band and his drink than he did with Peggy or Kim. After Peggy's passing, Kim came to me and asked me if she could live with me instead of her dad. I couldn't and wouldn't have said no. I got that ass%^&* to sign guardianship papers for her over to me until she was 18.

I became a Dad to a fifteen year old girl at the age of 34 instantly.

That was not easy, but she finished school and is on her own now.

Star and Flag for you now that I know what your post is about...

And, she never got beat up like her momma.

[/quote

Absolutely brilliant! Give yourself a star and flag sir! Actually, that has brought a tear to my eye...THAT is what being HUMAN and proud to declare it is all about.
Sorry for any confusion with my OP, but with your help, maybe more will understand now....forums can be so like txt'ing and so misunderstood!

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 17-12-2011 by angelchemuel because: put it in wrong bit sorry, it's getting late here in UK

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Jane, sweetheart, you missed an end quote so your post looks like you were quoting my quote...lol..tis ok... this is what you said:

"Absolutely brilliant! Give yourself a star and flag sir! Actually, that has brought a tear to my eye...THAT is what being HUMAN and proud to declare it is all about.
Sorry for any confusion with my OP, but with your help, maybe more will understand now....forums can be so like txt'ing and so misunderstood!

Rainbows
Jane "

Ok Honey, (and according to a recent survey I'm allowed to call you that since I live in North Carolina), I've started it off and hopefully we can get others stories, but what it yours?

I would love to hear it. :-)

I too want to hear stories from other ATS members of how you gave of yourself to help other people.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by angelchemuel

Jane, sweetheart, you missed an end quote so your post looks like you were quoting my quote...lol..tis ok... this is what you said:

"Absolutely brilliant! Give yourself a star and flag sir! Actually, that has brought a tear to my eye...THAT is what being HUMAN and proud to declare it is all about.

Rainbows
Jane "

Ok Honey, (and according to a recent survey I'm allowed to call you that since I live in North Carolina), I've started it off and hopefully we can get others stories, but what it yours?

I would love to hear it. :-)

I too want to hear stories from other ATS members of how you gave of yourself to help other people.

Lol! That's OK...I can do honey....see you made me feel good!
As to mine, I am not 'bottling out' as we say over here, it's just that it's late and this whole concept/idea/kick ass came about by a friend in CA who wants to organise a trip over here, with my involvement...can't say more or trolls will be back!

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

join