It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growth on Nuclear Fuel...Natures Guiding hand? OR ALIEN INVASION of advanced strain morgellons lmao

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ALSO THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE EVENT ITS A REVELATION FROM THE EVENT

...so do not tell me there is already another thread on this
...this would be more so about recognizing nature and using it to our advantage....and also our inability to recognize how natural system function...

Sorry, I am only here to actually discuss Nature's Guiding Hand...and you caught me I am jokingly putting that "alien morgellons" in the title to attract the fringers....feel free to add ideas of your own if the Morgellon alien stuff actually seem sensible to you...BUT I am not going to be of much help lol

For those of you not aware of the idea...BIOMIMICRY is a guiding light in our struggle for our own survival...

I will put it out here as I always do, and you will take it or leave it...wiki mycelium

*******USES>>>>One of the primary roles of fungi in an ecosystem is to decompose organic compounds. Petroleum products and pesticides that can be contaminants of soil are organic molecules. Therefore, fungi should have potential to remove such pollutants from the soil environment, a process known as bioremediation.

Mycelial mats have been suggested (see Paul Stamets) as having potential as biological filters, removing chemicals and microorganisms from soil and water. The use of fungal mycelia to accomplish this has been termed "mycofiltration".

Knowledge of the relationship between mycorrhizal fungi and plants suggests new ways to improve crop yields.

When spread on logging roads, mycelium can act as a binder, holding new soil in place and preventing washouts until woody plants can be established.

Mycelium has been used to bind agricultural by-products to form products dubbed Greensulate and Ecocradle, which are alternatives to plastic styrofoam for packaging and insulation. Two inventors, Eben Bayer and Gavin McIntyre, and their company Ecovative Design LLC, developed the method to manipulate a network of mycelia into desirable shapes, with properties comparable to its plastic counterpart. The invention has won two awards and is now in use commercially by Steelcase as packaging for furniture. This use of mycelium has been discussed in Time Magazine, Popular Science and other media, as well as being the subject of a TED Talk "Are Mushrooms the New Plastic?" by Eben Bayer.[1]

Mycelium is also used to produce mycoprotein involved in the production of Quorn, a meat substitute for vegetarians.

If someone can host this picture to the thread it would help...but for now...the web...or roots...

lil more of wiki...but please follow the link for more....

Mycelium (plural mycelia) is the vegetative part of a fungus, consisting of a mass of branching, thread-like hyphae. The mass of hyphae is sometimes called shiro, especially within the fairy ring fungi. Fungal colonies composed of mycelia are found in soil and on or within many other substrates. A typical single spore germinates into a homokaryotic mycelium, which cannot reproduce sexually; when two compatible homokaryotic mycelia join and form a dikaryotic mycelium, that mycelium may form fruiting bodies such as mushrooms. A mycelium may be minute, forming a colony that is too small to see, or it may be extensive:

Is this the largest organism in the world? This 2,400-acre (9.7 km2) site in eastern Oregon had a contiguous growth of mycelium before logging roads cut through it. Estimated at 1,665 football fields in size and 2,200 years old, this one fungus has killed the forest above it several times over, and in so doing has built deeper soil layers that allow the growth of ever-larger stands of trees. Mushroom-forming forest fungi are unique in that their mycelial mats can achieve such massive proportions.
—Paul Stamets, Mycelium Running

It is through the mycelium that a fungus absorbs nutrients from its environment. It does this in a two-stage process. First, the hyphae secrete enzymes onto or into the food source, which break down biological polymers into smaller units such as monomers. These monomers are then absorbed into the mycelium by facilitated diffusion and active transport.

Mycelium is vital in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems for its role in the decomposition of plant material. It contributes to the organic fraction of soil, and its growth releases carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere. The mycelium of mycorrhizal fungi increases the efficiency of water and nutrient absorption of most plants and confers resistance to some plant pathogens. Mycelium is an important food source for many soil invertebrates.

I bet I can tell you what strain it is too.....but that would be too easy...

The mushrooms are the lords of the underworld and govern death and decomposition...i know many of you will not get this...but there are many that will...and to them I am speaking...

The pheonix rises...I might be wrong...this is only one OPINION....and you may take it or leave it...but please act with respect either way

edit on 17-12-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

this is in regard to this article about strange web on nuclear toxic wastes

origin
or from ATS
edit on 17-12-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here is your picture:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

thank you....nice web like appearance...YES NO? lol I think its really obvious...mushrooms grow out of rotting stagnant energy....i bet if they actually use this we have our solution to nuclear cleanups....
Paul Stamets has done experiments demonstrating this with oyster mushrooms for toxic soil cleanups....man why are people so stubborn, they refuse to notice how nature solves the problems and try to scheme up alternatives...we need to just OPEN OUR EYES

again IMHO

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Ya had to go and say the word phoenix, didn't ya? Started to mention the weird phoenix symbol on the spent fuel building at Savannah River Site, which I found on THIS LINK posted in another ATS Thread about this 'growth.' The image made me want to comment then, but there was no reference point in that discussion. Just strange to read the word phoenix about the same topic the very next day...

So here's your rising phoenix!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Excellent post op! You seem to have covered the whole function and purpose of mycelium so I can add little except to note that you also touch on something I know as phytoremediation which is basically a plant's ability to detoxify a contaminated area. I have no idea how effective mycelium is at radiation so thought I would chip in a little bit of info. In and around Chernobyl (and also other contaminated areas) much can be done by growing certain plants, the 2 most effective I can think of off the top of my head are Hemp and Sunflowers. The thing with radiation is that the plants do need to be harvested and disposed of safely afterwards but they literally suck up the radiation via the roots, thereby "cleaning" the ground. It only works as deep as the roots go though. The only problem I can see with using mycelium for the radiation problem is its removal. As I understand it, mycelium structures can extend for many miles in a sort of huge underground connected network but from what I have read, it is quite a fragile thing and does not like being "cut".

I must admit I find the world of fungi a little creepy due to all that mold-like formation and the whole decomposition thing but its definitely an idea worth exploring, possibly in conjunction with phytoremediation. It seems our nuclear reactors just become less and less safe these days.

Anyway, good post and creative title!

ETA Here's a link to wikipedia's table of plants. Certain plants for certain radioactive elements. Its quite fascinating and also good to know that even if we all die, eventually the plants and the mycelium will turn this once again back into a lush green and peaceful world.

Hyperaccumulators table 3
edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo/syntax

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: And a correction in info

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Drala

Ya had to go and say the word phoenix, didn't ya? Started to mention the weird phoenix symbol on the spent fuel building at Savannah River Site, which I found on THIS LINK posted in another ATS Thread about this 'growth.' The image made me want to comment then, but there was no reference point in that discussion. Just strange to read the word phoenix about the same topic the very next day...

So here's your rising phoenix!

I was debating removing that comment....i just had a feeling....i had no idea you would find a picture like that....THANK YOU!!! Life works in mysterious ways

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

THese do not leach it out, they deactivate as they use it. Once the Myc is grown there will be no residue to dispose of. Even in Paul Stamets work the mushrooms often were not toxic, but they did not recommend eating them, but all test indicated they were safe. I believe the mushrooms that grow use the toxic material as building blocks and then releases the non toxic counterparts

NATURE IS BEAUTIFUL

edit on 18-12-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The Forbidden Fruit & The Tree of Knowledge

The Forbidden Fruit & The Tree of Knowledge is a phrase which is referenced in the story of The Garden of Eden found in the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament. The book of Genesis in modern Christian Bibles, and the Hebrew/Judaic origins of these scriptures reflect the relationship that Christianity shares with its Hebrew ancestral roots and the practice of shamanism. In the tale of The Forbidden Fruit & The Tree of Knowledge we find heavy implications of shamanic knowledge and the sacred entheogenic plants used for the purposes of accessing the spirit realms. These entheogens have been used throughout all of human history in practically every culture, and they are a direct reflection of the origins of modern humanity. Be prepared to climb the alchemical and shamanic Tree of Knowledge, and digest the wisdom of the Forbidden Fruit. In this book, the phrase- ‘Forbidden Fruit’ refers to the entheogenic plants and fungi found growing in nature that contain psychoactive ingredients capable of producing the psychedelic experience within the human entity. The phrase- ‘Tree of Knowledge’ refers to a ‘body of information’, which in this case happens to be information about shamanic wisdom. In the subtitle, the phrase ‘Opening The Third Eye’ refers to the activation/stimulation of the pineal gland and the secretion of natural psychoactive neurochemicals. Together these titles sum up the concepts included within the pages of this book.

edit on 18-12-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala

Hey just to point out, it I am the one that started the thread then I think I should be able to add something slightly off topic....

DID YOU NOTICE THE OFF TOPIC PHEONIX REFERENCE THAT TURNED INTO ON TOPIC?...point being you do not understand chaos theory.....

mods are like rule makers....sometimes they just make stuff up to justify their positions.....

JK...GOOD JOB REMOVING THAT THERE>>>>

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Wait a sec...that off topic banner...did you actually read that?? You did not warn me to stay on topic and this thread is not that long as to warrant your governing LMAO...ATS POLICE STATE lol....

ALOT OF THESE BANNERS AROUND ATS>>>HMMMMMMMM COVERUP I SAY LMAO

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hows that for on topic?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The subject matter of what is considered schedule-1 narcotics is probably what caused the deletion. I followed up with something on topic to what you posted. Pretty and informative. The subject of fungi and solutions to world problems is fair game for this thread. It is related. Just have to word things carefully.

top topics

join