It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were President of the United States.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I often look at the many problems that troubles this country, some domestic and some that effect the entire world. I ask myself if I were president what would I do to better the situation we are stuck in.

Economy: I would propose a bill that gives american corporations and foreign corporations huge tax cuts, so long as they stay here in the united states and give Americans jobs, if they choose to leave then there imported products are taxed more, at which those extra taxes would go into domestic spending, education, health care, and scintific study for more efficient eco friendly energy.

The tax cuts would allow that extra money also would allow these corporation to pay americans a good wage, and possibly 100% paid healthcare.

We need to promote American industries not push them out of our country. America used to be a melting pot of jobs, therefore new industries need to be looked at.

Military and wars: Our military is the most powerful in the world most people cant argue that point, therefore we need to re-evaluate our budget spending. Programs that are started and scrapped after billions or millions of taxpayer dollers have been flushed down the toilet is not good. Programs that are questionable should not have huge budgets with endless check books. Stick with what works, and develop on those foundations.

There is no need to engage in war unless there is no other option, like WW2, Hitler and Japan had to be stopped, they effected the stability of the whole world.

Use the United Nations to police the world not The US military, we can not sustain to go solo or be the lead in multiple fronts of combat.

Health care: I truely believe all Americans are entitled to some form of health care, it is mankinds right to be treated when ill, no one should be in a position where they must suffer becuase they can not afford medicine.

With that said, anyone who is under a federal medical plan should not be allowed to file for any malpractice suits unless loss of life,limb, organ or one of the five sences have been comprimised due to a mistake. This would save billions in insurance costs for hospitals and medicine would cost less in the long run.

It may not be a bad idea to look more closely into Medical Marijuana for all states, Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere."
- George Washington, U.S. President quote on Hemp

If handled responsibly there could be a major industry that generates billions in revenue. Its worth at least a test, and is no worse than alcohol, or cigarettes.

Capitol Hill: all members of congrees and senate should not be making more money than the average american, how can we expect people to make decisions for the average american that are more than well off. They should be paid a good wage but not anything more. If there weathy from the start, kudo's to them.

This is the most fustrating part of running a country, getting hundreds of people to agree on someting is not easy. They have to be brought down a notch.

Foreign Policy: We treat more people like enemys than friends and allies, the US needs to become the leader of the free world not the protagonist of war, sactions, espionage, and starving the hungry. Lead by example, lead well and you will be followed.

Just a few of my ideas, feel free to add your own. Id love to hear other peoples ideas, hell if we can converse like adults on this then we are already better than the tools on Capitol hill.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If I were POTUS I would enact the following, to be conducted immediately and to start within the first 180 days of my office, so help me God;

To take a mere 15% of the Pentagon budget, and allocate it to these-

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad by reducing the obsolete Cold War weapons and investing that 15% of the Pentagon budget in:

Provide Head start for all eligible Us kids- $2 billion a year.
Provide healthcare for all uninsured US kids- $13 billion a year
Rebuild Americas schools over 10 years- $12 billion a year
Achieve energy independence with clean technology- $8 billion a year
Feed all of the Worlds starving children- $25 billion a year

*Source of this concept and budget proposal*
video based link, please check audio

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Awesome , i love it, it just take a few great ideas to form a great state of living, thank you for your input

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Thank you, for allowing me to express it.

I am only a few years of being the right age of running for president, and in a world where any one should be allowed and could run as a candidate, I would live up the the above proposal. Because I would sooner castrate myself with a rusty ladle than not do so.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
to be honest except for a couple of very minor diffrences I'd probably be doing the same as ron paul

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Your very welcome, so many of the problems we face as Americans and citizens of the world is that mankind has yet to understand we all live under the same roof- earth, and we must treat each other like that. I would love to see new schools for my kids to better there education, but instead they are getting closed and programs are being cut..it make me upset to think I live in a world where everything we should value gets stepped on.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Rons the closest we have had to someone with there priorities in line for the most part, like you said a few minor changes but still better than the status quo.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes Ron has been my preferred candidate for presidency, and as I mentioned in another thread. I would gladly with out hesitation or reservation, volunteer with out pay, to be his secret service back man.

I would be honored to take a bullet for him whether or not he was president, but if he was...

edit on 17-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If I were president I would work in every possible way to deconstruct, eliminate and abolish 90% of the federal government and transfer all of that power to the states, then wave goodbye on my way out.

But neither are going to happen... ever.

So, no worries for the status quo!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hell yeah, you would be my preferred running mate for vice pres.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lets see, a cure for death and all disease and lets go into space in a big way to mine, explore an search for life. What ells o yeah try hard to make peace not war. Ask our scientists to design fusion power generators that will power every thing from our homes to our cars that are low in price but last for at least 200 years, also engineer anti-gravity and artificial-gravity also design a vehicle that can go from my driveway into space that is under $100000 and while your at it put some space stations in orbit around and bases on some choice planets,moons and asteroids in our solar system within the next year.

I would like to make it possible for every one to buy a replicator to replace our microwaves and they need to be able to replicate anything you have bought a blueprint to, that means if you want food you buy blueprints for what ever kind of food you want to be able to make or copy food you have already made. If you need a part for your vehicle or something you buy a one time use blueprint and replicate the part. There are so many things that need fix with America that I'm not going to even go there in this post but it would take 4 years just to undue the damage done by last few guys. For starters though concealed carry is now legal in every state and if you kill some one except for in self defense you will be hunted down and killed no matter who you are or how much money you got So lets get er done lol
edit on 17-12-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If I were president, the first thing I would do would be to pardon everyone who has ever had a pot charge or ever will. I would legalize by default. Second thing would be to repeal obamacare and expand medicaid to cover everyone who makes less than $50,000 a year and get a law passed saying in order to keep their medical license all doctors would have to take medicaid for full payment. I would do the same for dental.

Then I would send 50,000 troops to the border and seal it. I would deport all illegals and pass a law allowing "anchor babies" to return on their 18th birthdays if they could speak fluent english.

I would end foreign aid, and move our troops away from Israel until they stopped acting like bullies to Iran. I would triple the NASA budget and get people on the moon where they belong.

That is just in the first month.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIr

you have a good program.

if we are to have free trade, I'd open competition on pharmaceuticals, most countries pay much less than the us and the drug producing companies make a profit there, so they are fleecing the us citizens.
a major reason why healthcare is so expensive.

and i'd level the buildings on k street in washington dc, and replace it with a park dedicated to restoring the government of the people by the people and for the people, and call it constitutional park.
k street in dc is a terminal cancer for the republic imo.
it's the rat nest of the lobbyists.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

How is that you find Ron Paul your candidate, even willing to take a bullet for him and you would still give billions of Federal money to the Department of Education.

Ron Paul will disband the Department of Education when elected President, as he should.

Possibly you need to re-read the campaign platform of Ron Paul.

Each and every place you would add Federal Funds will be Cut from the US Federal Budget under Ron Paul, as they should be.

In order for this Nation to survive we need Ron Paul as POTUS.

The Federal Government needs to be place behind the States once again, the US needs to stop all foreign conflicts, and our WWII bases closed world wide.

Ron Paul will make the only attempt of any candidate to do so.

I am glad you are a Ron Paul supporter, but if your politics are a true representation of your post, you may be supporting the wrong candidate.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Those differences are not enough for me to not support him.

I believe in him enough and his message to support him despite our not seeing eye to eye.
Perhaps that is what having an open mind has done for me, as to those who squabble over petty ineffectual differences, they are blind and self ignorant.

People like that need to learn to see that it is what makes us different, that's so good.

edit on 18-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of spelling

new topics

top topics

join