It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: New Tunnels in Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Police stumbled accross a new cavern that was being used by somebody but are at a loss as to who. Apparently, whomever was the "resident" of this particular area had it somewhat decked out. The police are speculating it could have been some secret soceity meeting place. What was kind of interesting is that they (the residence) had installed phone lines and electricity and close circuit cameras.

www.guardian.co.uk
Police in Paris have discovered a fully equipped cinema-cum-restaurant in a large and previously uncharted cavern underneath the capital's chic 16th arrondissement.
Officers admit they are at a loss to know who built or used one of Paris's most intriguing recent discoveries.

"We have no idea whatsoever," a police spokesman said.

"There were two swastikas painted on the ceiling, but also celtic crosses and several stars of David, so we don't think it's extremists. Some sect or secret society, maybe. There are any number of possibilities."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The thing I find most facisnating about this article is that I never knew so many tunnels existed in Paris and the amount that are still unfound. It kind of reminds me of an Anne Rice book.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The tunnels under Paris are a common location for underground parties and meetings of underdog groups. Sometimes as well just a place for young people to hang out.

It's nothing special or let's better say it is not that mysterious.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sounds like another "gates of hell' story to me.

Where was that?

NJ?

join