It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brit-Am - confused re death of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Bumped into a friend today who told me about the rise of gold in 2007 - I wish I had listened to him. Sound advice. He also has strong conspiracy/religious beliefs.

I mentioned that I had looked up "rapture" in connection to Israel recently while browsing the internet.
This led him onto telling me about the 10 Lost Tribes Of Israel and how as they migrated different countries were named after each tribe i.e. Dan - Denmark.
He then said that the end times would come when the 10 Lost Tribes returned to Israel and not simply when Israel had formed i.e. in 1948. He said that the 10 Lost Tribes would be treated by the remaining two tribes like the Prodigal Son returning.

He then went on to say that we (?outside Israel) are God and God will have to die. He said that the whore would only return when the husband died. There was also something about people believing that ?David and Joseph as being the most important. I was a bit confused.

I looked up 10 Lost Tribes on wiki which led onto "Brit-Am"
www.britam.org...

Is there a more succinct clearer version of how the Lost Tribes returning to Israel is related to rapture?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Dear dr treg,

This led him onto telling me about the 10 Lost Tribes Of Israel and how as they migrated different countries were named after each tribe i.e. Dan - Denmark. He then said that the end times would come when the 10 Lost Tribes returned to Israel and not simply when Israel had formed i.e. in 1948. He said that the 10 Lost Tribes would be treated by the remaining two tribes like the Prodigal Son returning. He then went on to say that we (?outside Israel) are God and God will have to die. He said that the whore would only return when the husband died. There was also something about people believing that ?David and Joseph as being the most important. I was a bit confused.

What he is talking about is the belief by some in what is called the British Israelite theory. It is not widely accepted. The rest of what he said is just bad theology. If you believe in the New Testament then you should understand that the gentiles are not God and God doesn't die. You stated that you had been researching the rapture and end times. Revelations does not say that the world ends, it says that the battle of Armageddon is stopped by God, he couldn't do that if he were dead.

One must be very careful in reading Revelations because it is not meant to be a clear or descriptive playbook for the end times, it is very symbolic and not meant to be understood until the end. In the meantime our focus should be to be of service to others and working on our love and faith. I guess what I am trying to say is worry about how you live your life more than how your life will end, we all go eventually. Peace.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Something a lot of people misunderstand is that where the bible talks about Israel, it means 'the people Israel'. which is all the 12 tribes, NOT the physical country Israel in the middle east. When the bible talks of the tribe of Judah (the Jews) it could be assumed then it means the country Isreal.

The people Israel migrated throughout the world and mostly settled in what is now known as the western world, or the predominantly Christian world. This is the fullfilment of Gods promise to Abraham that his seed would be a great nation (USA) and a family of nations (British Commonwealth of nations) which include Britian, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and a handfull of smaller countries.

When the Bible speaks of Gods punishment on Israel for their sins, it is these countries that the punishments will come upon. Who can argue that the USA and the British Commonwealth are in serious decline. God has progressively withdrawn his blessings from 'Israel' in an attempt to wake people up to the fact that we are living apart from his divine guidance.

Unfortunately man is too stubborn and blind to even understand the warnings and will have to suffer a severe bout of butt kicking before he wakes up to the fact that his stupid arrogance is leading him to dustruction.

join