It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE are the Giants of Ancient times: my Theory a "What IF" scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was talking to my wife this afternoon about a picture of this woman being measured by Guinness.

Then it hit me. What if, WE are the giants of the ancient past and that all people being born are growing shorter. Dwarfism is considered a disease, but why? What IF these people were meant to be born shorter than the rest of us.

Ancient people talk about Giants that had god-like powers. Well, consider this. We are shifting into the 5th dimension right? If we are granted powers, then we would look like gods to these people.

This is all theory of course, but I wanted to share and see what ATS members thought.

edit on 17-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Hmm. The only thing that I'd say against it is that, we have fossil evidence of our ancient skeletons. So, it'd have to be a very long time ago if we were that short. Also, it seems like the world is almost made to suit our needs. Fruits on trees hang at arm's reach, horses are easy to ride.

However, some people believe that there exists a dwarvic race of beings INSIDE our Earth, even today. The only problem with that is, that the race could not survive in our environment due to gas, solar radiation, and climate.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Hmm. The only thing that I'd say against it is that, we have fossil evidence of our ancient skeletons. So, it'd have to be a very long time ago if we were that short. Also, it seems like the world is almost made to suit our needs. Fruits on trees hang at arm's reach, horses are easy to ride.

However, some people believe that there exists a dwarvic race of beings INSIDE our Earth, even today. The only problem with that is, that the race could not survive in our environment due to gas, solar radiation, and climate.

Then maybe the trees and plants and horses and whatnot will become shorter for them? Just a thought.
edit on 17-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Of course, I can not prove that the world is actually made for humans haha. That is the fallacy again that we are the center of the Universe. However, it does seem awfully coincidental. It is true though that the trees and animals could have evolved to a larger size with us.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
people are actually getting taller not shorter,check out averages heights over the last couple of hundred years.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClanDonnachaidh
people are actually getting taller not shorter,check out averages heights over the last couple of hundred years.

Hmm, maybe it varies from region to region? I mean giant skeletons were found in America, and tiny skeletons are found all over the globe.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Isn't the size of living things to do with oxygen levels?

I've often wondered if the stories of giants actually just came from littler people!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yup , maybe its the effects of an increase in gravity over an extremely long period of time, making everything get smaller, and since we humans have a pretty poor memory , people just .......... forgot to mention it whilst recording history ?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33

I've often wondered if the stories of giants actually just came from littler people!

Good point. This could contribute to the reason as to why people are having stunted growth.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What if people such as this woman were the 'little people' as mentioned in fairy tales and mythology, and they were the ones which had the powers?

Maybe there was a worldwide race of primordial dwarfs who had access to the knowledge of the 5th dimension?

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Good point. This could contribute to the reason as to why people are having stunted growth.

This is true to a point, but not really relevant unless you're a 3ft long dragonfly, a sauropod or some other sort of large dinosaur. Just consider we still have elephants, whales, giraffes and a whole suit of fauna still alive today which is much larger than us.

Oxygen levels in the Carboniferous (approx 360 million years ago) were nearly twice what they were today, but for the most part oxygen levels has remained fairly constant for the past few million years during humanoid habitation. In fact you could consider at present it is actually dropping slightly yet humans are still getting bigger.
edit on 17/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
What if people such as this woman were the 'little people' as mentioned in fairy tales and mythology, and they were the ones which had the powers?

Maybe there was a worldwide race of primordial dwarfs who had access to the knowledge of the 5th dimension?

Originally posted by WiindWalker

This is true to a point, but not really relevant unless you're a 3ft long dragonfly, a sauropod or some other sort of large dinosaur. Just consider we still have elephants, whales, giraffes and a whole suit of fauna still alive today which is much larger than us.

Oxygen levels in the Carboniferous (approx 360 million years ago) were nearly twice what they were today, but for the most part oxygen levels has remained fairly constant for the past few million years during humanoid habitation. In fact you could consider at present it is actually dropping slightly yet humans are still getting bigger.
edit on 17/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

Good point. It is definitely possible for fairies an the like to exist on this plane.

new topics

top topics

join