It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things, They're Happening All The Time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Things are happening all the time. Not just small things, huge ones. I mean really huge. The Universe is expanding, supernovas exploding, black holes devouring light and regular mass, asteroids dodging planets, hypernovas destroying everything in its path.. All the while, we’re doing what we do. Watching television, surfing on the internet, sharing a beer with a friend, listening to music...

I wonder if there’s a meaning behind it. Is it more interesting that a supernova just exploded, or that you just had a deep and profound talk with a good friend? Is it even comparable? Or are they same? Can it be that they are equally important? They are likely happening along each other.

In general, who cares? But if we’re talking existentialism, it’s worth taking a look at.. I think.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
As above, so below, my friend.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Anything can be mundane compared to something on the same scale of things. When you compare things with many orders of magnitude between them, then it really gets jaw-dropping

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
yes, it is jaw dropping.
What if a black hole just passes us by. Close enough to cause havoc, but not enought to pull us in? www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-12-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

depending on how close it would at least mess up our orbit, causing extreme climate instability, it would probably kick up a little maelstrom of asteroids and comets which may or may not hit us. Depending on how close it passes there would probably be insane seismic activity. a very close pass could strip away some or all of our atmosphere and a really very close pass would probably rip our planet to shreds

top topics

join