It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich, Marianne and the Arms Dealer: A Buried FBI Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What a time for this to see daylight:

On October 5, Sarkis Soghanalian, once the world’s largest private arms dealer, died at 82. He had sold weapons to scores of dictators including Saddam Hussein, and he took many secrets with him to his grave. But one secret he did not take involves Newt Gingrich when he was Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. DCBureau has learned that Gingrich was at the center of a U.S. Justice Department criminal investigation in the late 1990s for a scheme to shake down the arms dealer for a $10 million bribe in exchange for Gingrich using his influence as Speaker to get the Iraq arms embargo lifted so Soghanalian could collect $54 million from Saddam Hussein’s regime for weapons he had delivered during the Iran-Iraq War.

Soghanalian was an FBI informant and was responsible for launching one of the most sensitive and secret investigations in FBI history involving the former Speaker and his second wife. According to Marianne Gingrich, it took the direct intervention of then FBI Director Louis J. Freeh to “get the investigation called off.” Freeh did not return emails and telephone calls for comment.

Full Story Make a bucket of popcorn.

This story was carried in the Washington Post and Yahoo News among others yesterday.

Gingrich’s presidential campaign did not provide immediate comment when asked for response Thursday.

Yahoo's Concise Story

The FBI apparently didn't want to scandalized Mr. Speaker. I'm just wondering how far and long will this one be denied and just how quickly MSM will sweep this under the rug.
edit on 12/17/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: change title

edit on 12/17/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: added something

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
seems strange how all these negative newt facts are being kept out of conversation in the media..

even the dirty deeds he has already been nailed for are barely spoken of.. freddie fannie, and now this..

why protect him

Herman Cain said something about this being a plan to first get him out to make room for newt who could easily be controlled or removed later in the campaign through the abundance of dirt available on him

hmm

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Newt's Reaction?

I'd be interested in seeing his response to said FBI investigation. Seems very dirty.

Gingrich replied that she would be able to accomplish this and stated that her relationship with her husband was purely a relationship of convenience. She told the source that she needed her husband for economic reasons, and that he needed to keep her close because she knew of all his "skeletons."

Be sure not to miss the link to the FBI document to read the details in full... I'm looking through it now, sans popcorn though.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd give them all a big cookie if they'd knock off the Gotcha games like this. I don't complain about this coming out...I'm mad it's coming out NOW and not a few weeks ago. What else is being held in reserve and out of public view for down the road....when bringing it to light NOW might keep a bad apple from screwing up the race for other legitimate people that aren't harboring deep dark secrets?

I can't help but think if we had a media that was there to report the news instead of guide it, shape it or outright MAKE it themslves, we wouldn't have to sit here lamenting the fact we hear about deal breaking details LONG after it's too late to stop the deal in the first place. Enough with the political games and lets have some TRUTH just once, for old times sake and to really shock everyone. No one would know how to take it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This man has proven that he is not ashamed of his past, he'll twist it in a particular manner so it seems he was just an innocent bystander in this situation but its not a good scandal to be a part of for a presidential candidate. Maybe hell just flat out deny it in that case.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gingrich has a lot to hide from the looks of this story and others too,
he will need to do more than just get rid of his first two wives wont do the trick.

Anyone who cant see through this mans raw greedy desire to have
the power of being president in his grasp is blind.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Anyone with such a greedy appetite for power can't be trusted to use it wisely. There are other candidates with this same lust for power, but Gingrich's really lowers the bar in the honesty department and we don't need anymore crooks in the White House.

More than ever we need a leader we can stand behind.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So basically he did something highly illegal, and was poised to go down, yet the investigation gets called off? How typical of our government. That is so ridiculous. Let's see if this stays untouched in the media. It probably will, and it is a shame, and this will cost the American citizens more than anyone...

The reason being that if he is elected president of the USA, he has already shown he is a crook, so what good can come from him leading the country? I suspect he will be worse than Obama and Bush, maybe even combined. Ron Paul really is the ONLY choice for president, out of every single candidate, and it is so sad that the majority of American citizens do not realize this because they aren't intelligent enough to put two and two together, and see that the MSM is NOT on their side.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Anyone Running for President Of The United States has to exspect their Personal Lives to be Put under a Microscope and Scrutinized by the Media and the American Public . Gingrich knows this Very well , but dosen't seem to be that Concerned about his Shady Past being Publicized . Does he Know Something We the Public do Not ? Like he is Being Protected by the MSM in someway , and has a Unmentioned Agreement with TPTB pushing him for the Nomination ? .....Hmm.......

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Yes, I think someone's guaranteed that they will cover all his dirty laundry. I think it was that was for Clinton. He used to be referred to as the "Teflon Man". None of his bad activity would ever stick. Mr. Obama seemed to waltz right into the White House breezing through with all his shady history, too. TPTB? What some people call the shadow government? Yes, to all of it. They are owned puppets. Who is putting the words on Obama's teleprompter BTW?

The priest at my church told us not to believe the MSM. Somewhere along the line most people stopped thinking for themselves.

Anyway, Ron Paul is looking good and if the MSM doesn't like him, that's a darn good indicator that he isn't owned. He is our best bet for a honest president. I haven't felt this good about his chances/our chances ever.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well , MOST of his Shady Past has been Gleemed by People on the Internet . Just because the MSM dosen't Report it , dosen't mean it dosen't Exist . If TRUTH Be Told.......................

edit on 17-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

More than ever we need a leader we can stand behind.

Yes! That would be a nice change instead of leaders we are left to second guess,
or even worse, the ones we have now sent in to dismantle.

reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I see the same thing, first Cain was in on the fix, now Gingrich.
The MSM is playing the part right, I would like to know who is calling the shots.

Wouldnt we all.

new topics

top topics

join