It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Policy Polling tweet, very revealing to Ron's newest numbers in Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
twitter.com...#!/ppppolls/status/148117022646087680

Newt this weekend: national lead fading, nowhere close in NH, quite possibly down to 3rd in Iowa.

Last PPP, Ron was 21% behind Newt's 22%, if Newt 'quit possibly' down to third, what does that make Ron?

FRONTRUNNER? maybe

Ron consistently held third in recent polls and if Newt is 'nowhere close in NH' where does that put Ron?

SECOND PLACE? maybe.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I dont have twitter so I cant see the results. Do you have a screenshot or a direct link perhaps. If newt is crashing this may be good. I am just waiting till the polling results when bachman, santorum are forced to drop out

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is PPP's official twitter, they are notorious for teasing poll results. We all knew Gingrich couldn't hold 1st forever, with his past, it was inevitable.

But it also doesn't mean the media won't attack RP (despite a relatively clean past, especially for a 12 term congressman) if he is the frontrunner, they will hit him the hardest.
edit on 17-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Where does that put Dr. Paul? In last place and losing the race, as always.

I swear to everyone, Ron Paul could win the candidacy in a landslide and they'd never accept that. They'd call for a friggen DO OVER for the first time in history. If Paul won the general election, we'd hear about new technical issues and obscure regulations for the first time in history to explain why his clear win, wasn't one and it really can't count...so sorry to the public.

This is getting so blatant and obscene to watch in a free nation, it's lost any shred of humor or amusement. It's just infuriating now.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well if it came to that though that would be ONE MORE issue to show the average sheeple how corrupt the system is. Ron Paul getting out there and saying the things that he is saying is doing nothing but helping the average American. The things he talks about (ending the fed, the military industrial complex, foreign policy, civil rights) are all things that HAVE to be brought to the forefront, and he's the man to do it.

The Bhagavad Gita says it best: "On this path no effort is wasted,
No gain is ever reversed"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul will have a good chance in Iowa, but I still think Romney will win.

You have to think about it like this, people who are supporting Gingrich now...who would they more likely switch to if they stop supporting him? I think Romney is more like Gingrich than Paul is...so I would expect Romney to get a boost out of Gingrich's fall.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well if it came to that though that would be ONE MORE issue to show the average sheeple how corrupt the system is. Ron Paul getting out there and saying the things that he is saying is doing nothing but helping the average American. The things he talks about (ending the fed, the military industrial complex, foreign policy, civil rights) are all things that HAVE to be brought to the forefront, and he's the man to do it.

The Bhagavad Gita says it best: "On this path no effort is wasted,
No gain is ever reversed"

You'll find no argument out of me on that point. I wasn't always Dr Paul's biggest fan, but the more they try and smash him, the more I support him out of sheer spite, aside from the fact I happen to agree with a majority he stands for anyway. If my primary and general election ballots have his name, he gets my vote....and nothing else comes into that. I don't care about his odds anymore..and I don't care how many people tell me it's a wasted vote. If there is a spot to mark him, he gets it from me.

If he isn't on the ballot? I may just write him in anyway. It isn't that I hate to see him lose. I can accept his loss in a fair fight. It's that he's never even being given the chance to fight in the first place..despite the public showing by sheer force of numbers that he *IS* a contender in the public's mind...and we're SUPPOSED to be all that matters in the end, right? Yeah.... right.

edit on 17-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Gingrich's base is the same base where around 80% won't vote Romney. If Gingrich falls, most support fall relatively evenly to Paul, Romney, Bachmann, Perry. And I'm just talking about Iowa here.

Recent PPP survey shows Ron as the most favorable candidate at 61% and the least unfavorable candidate at 31%

Just because Gingrich gets establishment voters, doesn't mean they won't choose Ron as a second choice, although I admit that support would be soft and could change at any time.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'm not convinced there is a large group that would never vote for Romney...I know there is a group out there, I just don't think they are huge.

I think there are a lot of people hoping not to vote for Romney...but I don't see Paul as a valid alternative. And it's for the exact same reason you and others like him so much....he is very very different than all the other candidates.

I think he has great organization in Iowa..I think he is doing a good job getting independents and some democrats to register as republicans to vote in Iowa...but I don't think he can do that in every single state. There isn't enough time between primaries and he doesn't have enought money to do it.

But as of right now, he only looks promosing in Iowa.

new topics

top topics

join