It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Stop Being In Denial About NDAA, Fight It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First, I don't think the provisions in the bill are going to mean that americans will be rounded up and herded into FEMA camps but it does allow for Habeas Corpus to be suspended, it allows for ANY american to be indefinitely detained without ever having faced an accuser or be tried by jury. Any law that revokes Constitutional Rights from an american does not belong in the law books.

Here's some great interviews on Up W/ Chris Hayes. The 1st part is an interview with Senator Jeff Merkley who voted against the NDAA because of the provisions that violate the Constitution, he gives pretty clear detail on what and why. The next interview is with Senator Chris Coons who voted for the NDAA despite his reservations on the provisions that violate the Constitution and he explains why he voted to pass it. Senator Coons has gone on to co-sponsor a bill with written by Senator Feinstein. There's a lot of vital information in these two interviews in my opinion.
msnbc.com

Senator Feinstein has decided to continue to fight the provisions that violate the Constitution. She has written a bill aptly named: The Due Process Guarantee Act of 2011.

The Due Process Guarantee Act of 2011 amends the Non-Detention Act of 1971 by providing that a Congressional authorization for the use of military force does not authorize the indefinite detention—without charge or trial—of U.S. citizens who are apprehended domestically.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Nice find OP,

I'm from the UK so thiis won't really affect us over here, but a Due Process Guarantee Act seems like a great idea. There seem to be millions of people sitting on the fence about the NDAA and i think this is the kind of act everyone should support.

It'll be good to keep an eye on this one and see who shoots it down and why

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hell yeah.

Enough with denial, fight it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The American people should be fighting it regardless of which countries citizens are or are not liable to be rounded up and held indefinitely.

The Bill of Rights outlines the Rights that the American government cannot take from any human being, not simply from American citizens, no person can have those rights violated by the American government per the wording written. The law is an affront to the founding doctrine of the United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ok lets say this goes in to effect and the next thing you know is "US citizens recruited by AQ, arrested on plans to destroy DC land mark..." should they have the right to trail , or as the law stands now, lose that right, and lose the right and privilege of being a US citizen?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
While I don't share the hysterical view of NDAA, I do appreciate Mrs. Feinstein taking the extra step to ensure the rights of the people are not violated.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Very true, thanks for posting that...I agree just didn't articulate it and it should be.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I don't think it's a hysterical reaction. Did you watch the videos? Have you watched any of the videos where Senators or Congresspersons state that it does give authority to detain US Citizens? Any of the articles pointing out what many of us are saying?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You and I don't agree on much, but in this instance any provision that is backed and supported by the Constitution is a great thing.

I honestly feel that the Supreme Court is going to busy for the next few years over-ruling all the unconstitutional laws that this administration has introduced.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
While I don't share the hysterical view of NDAA, I do appreciate Mrs. Feinstein taking the extra step to ensure the rights of the people are not violated.

Yeah read a history book and look what happens when governments are given every power in the book. It doesn't lead to puppies and rainbows.

The Truth about the New Detainee Policy

But yeah, good of Mrs.Feinstein... since her amendment to ban indefinite detention of US citizen for the NDAA failed. This might be the first time ever I support something Mrs Feinstein does... hell has almost frozen over.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Now if only she would respect the 2A...But to many politicians the Constitution is a menu to be perused rather than the law to be followed.

My problem with the hysteria is that people seem to believe, that even though the language is admittedly loose, that it will somehow not be challenged in court.

And even if it is challenged in court there is a distinct possibility that it may be upheld as Constitutional. As the military's job is to protect from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC and that it has the power under the constitution to repel invasion and INSURRECTION.

The government also has the power to arrest anyone who directly supports the enemies of the United States or engages in combat asymmetrically or otherwise, against US military personnel, civilians and property. That is already covered by existing law.

Now I realize the need for much tighter control on what the government can and cannot do with regard to the use of the military, but we really need to take a step back and scrutinize this situation a little better preferably without all the hysteria and FEMA camp bull# that has been percolating around ATS over this.
edit on 17-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yes please, arrest away. I don't want terrorists running around the US unfettered. I also don't want innocent americans or anyone labeled beligerent (way too broad) or an enemy combatant without a trial. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, that's how it is supposed to go. Prove their guilt and the military can haul them away. We should be absolutely outraged that anyone tried to get this passed and moreso that it did pass. We do not help oursleves denying, arguing, or labeling people as paranoid or hysterical and that is happening too much nationwide, that only sends our leaders the message that they can take more freedoms away.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Please stop being in denial about the FEMA camps.

The hour is getting late,
wake-up before you pass the gate,
hidden amongst the swirling mist,
lay the prison camps you denied exist,
built for those who scare the powers,
ruling the world from lofty towers,
save yourself from the threats and lies,
use your resolve and open your eyes,
understand the strength in you,
we are many and they are few,
do not be fooled it won't happen here,
that road is lined with many a tear,
with smiles and lies the tyrants song,
will hypnotize till freedoms gone,
existence of evil you must never deny,
the camps are there and you must ask why ?

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I understand your point entirely and I don't disagree.

However when people start attaching the FEMA camp BS to this fiasco you have to ask yourself how much of this is simply reactionary BS.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You're not wrong, just let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I don't subscribe to that fear, no offense. If you and others who believe we are headed down this road are right, then eliminating the provisions in the bill regarding indefinite detention will make those FEMA camps useless, right? Fight what we know is fact not what we can't prove.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You're not wrong, just let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Heard, Understood, and Acknowledged.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
whitehouse.gov

whitehouse.gov

"Slam" it. Make them raise the required # of sigs to 300 million.
edit on 17-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Done and tweeted, thanks

edit on 17-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No problem.

Thanks for standing up for your countrymen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join