It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Confirms Mexican Drug Cartels Operating Inside U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

In yet another compelling reason to beef up border security, a new federal court case outlines how Mexican drug cartels have teamed up with violent street gangs to operate inside the United States.

The case involves dozens of members of the Barrio Azteca gang charged with operating a massive drug-trafficking and money-laundering enterprise. A handful of members have already been convicted and were sentenced in Texas this week, while others face trial next spring for racketeering, murder, drug offenses, money laundering and obstruction of justice.

Information released by the Department of Justice (DOJ) this week says Barrio Azteca is also responsible for the March 2010 murders in Juarez of a U.S. Consulate employee, her husband and another associate. Details of the gang’s vast operations in Mexico and the U.S. illustrate how violence has gone well beyond the southern border despite assurances from Homeland Security officials that the region is safer than ever.

www.judicialwatch.org...

Ok, so now riddle me this-

FACT: We have, and have had, drug cartels operating in this country for how long now?

But because these particular drug cartels are Mexican, Judicial Watch is featuring the story.

Hmm. So let's take out the "Mexican" :

"DOJ Confirms Drug Cartels Operating in U.S."

Right. That's real big news, JW. We knew that already.

JW, you're really starting to annoy me because your page is starting read like an over-the-top conservative mouthpiece, instead of an impartial reporting service. I am all for more border security and legal immigration, but crime is crime in any color, race, or nationality. I am really starting to question if there is more prejudice than justice in your "Watch".

I'll keep that in mind when your next "Most Corrupt Politicians of 2011" comes out.

All that said, Mexican or not-
If this infiltration is allowed to continue, how long before the US is suffering the same widespread violence that Mexico is?

Related ATS Threads:
DOJ Says Mexican Cartels Operating in More Than 1,000 U.S. Cities
Middle Eastern Terrorists Plan U.S. Attack From Mexico
edit on Sat Dec 17th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your rant is very two sided.....you provide point and counter-point, not sure what you want any of us to say...

Yes, we knew there was a problem, yes we knew they were here.....what is the core?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yikes... I agree that crime is any color and race. No question there. The world has plenty of cases to prove in every major city within every nation on the planet. However, I must ask something here..... If we are talking about immigration for the United States and priorities of enforcement and resources for American borders...why would we want to go out of our way to find OTHER than Latino crime when some of the largest organized crime groups the world has to offer are represented in Mexico at the present time?

It isn't racist to acknowledge the fact that the problem at a given moment just so happens to be made up almost entirely of one ethnic group. Latino/Hispanic in this instance... So it wouldn't make much since to look for White Russians or Red Headed Irishmen while Cartels with working budgets larger than the majority of our states, work within sight of U.S. Law Enforcement at the border...and shoot at them quite frequently.

It's kinda like looking around New York in the 1980's, recognizing the 5 Families of the Italian Mafia pretty well owned the city during those years and deciding the best way to focus law enforcement efforts is to finally DO something about those pesky Black guys panhandling in Harlem or something. ?? Doesn't make much more sense...eh?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That was a very well articulated post my friend, thanks. And I agree with just about everything in it.

But I've been scoping on JW for years now, and the site wide bias is surfacing to the point that I am ready to say bye bye.

I know it still doesn't change the facts that yes, we have problems with Mexican drug gangs operating now in the US, bias or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That was a very well articulated post my friend, thanks. And I agree with just about everything in it.

But I've been scoping on JW for years now, and the site wide bias is surfacing to the point that I am ready to say bye bye.

I know it still doesn't change the facts that yes, we have problems with Mexican drug gangs operating now in the US, bias or not.

Thank you for a balanced reply.
Given how much I enjoy the logic your threads always seem to carry and your solid position about JW here, I'll take your word for that group specifically in their bias. I look over their site from time to time about the same as I do the Southern Poverty Law Center, ADL and others. I just don't get too caught up in their declarations since they all run agendas additional to whatever the public mission of the group is. I appreciate the insight.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

FACT: Since when are facts questions?

Just curious...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The media is completely trying to make Latinos look bad in the eyes of the average American whose only connection to America is their TV

Wasington Times article Armed illegals stalked Border Patrol Mexicans were 'patrolling' when agent was slain, indictment says

Five illegal immigrants armed with at least two AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifles were hunting for U.S. Border Patrol agents near a desert watering hole known as Mesquite Seep just north of the Arizona-Mexico border when a firefight erupted and one U.S. agent was killed, records show

"Five illegal immigrants (Firstly their Cartel and not immigrants if they are) armed with at least two AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifles (and) were hunting for U.S. Border Patrol agents"- Those who immigrate here seeking a better life and are deemed illegal for trying to cross a desert without being caught
Cartel hit man go shooting people up to
A) Be feared and
B) distract the Border Patrol so drugs can go across unnoticed

The Times and MSM in general group them all together make all people south of the US into a bunch of blood thirsty barbarians
When those AK-47 most likely where sold by the ATF to the guy who took them to Mex and sold them to the Cartel to hunt the Border Patrol, "illegal immigrants" and Innocent people all across Mexico that get in the way.

True Terror propagated those evil heartless souls

From within the governments vastly over growing and ever evolving Institutions and Bureaucratic Agency's made of so many people whose variously divided moral and ethical ideologies compromise this Country since they protect themselves and serve their master without question Lead us through chaos by perpetuating fear above all and soothsaying we people in faith our leadership to do whatever it must and to believe those leaders of unknown solidus, Who ask us to put trust in god and them by surrendering mindful thought of thy own will and power over to the "one nation under god" that is not divisible for it is invisible to those who know and seek answers, But few understand, most never wish to the knowledge of truth.

This is to (me at least) direct proof of an agenda by some unseen group or groups with similar social standing that are competing as well as supporting their shard ends thru complexes that veil means and serve to both darken those under them into unknown state fear so those unknown fears of darkness within the mind of the masses to guide how they see their world and understand the reality, simultaneously overloading and also blinding the mind inlighting it with a hale of information making all below them live as if they where staring into the sun trying to find the source of light, but seeing nether where light starts or wherein darkness begins.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thats why the CIA killed Pablo Escobar in 93 and In 94 Put NAFTA into effect by 95 the Mexican peso depreciated 123% send the hard working people of Mexico to a future where there is free movement of goods across the border but not people leaving most with 2-3 option who now have to work at an American factory that pays them penny's because the peso lost so much value slowly forcing people to seek better opportunity both of which are illegal by the laws of the U.S.

But are condoned to give simple minded Americans a scapegoat illegal immigrants for the effect of problems whose cause originate within the to big to pin down Government that profits in all way sometime in multiple ways like drugs which the U.S. is at war with costing billions in a war that no one wants won since have to go thru Mexico to get to the U.S. which is what the CIA wanted since Columbia cartels and Pablo like Gaddafi and the gold dinar whose influence threatened the balance of power, budgets and Economic security had to be eliminated.

Replacing power of the producers of product over to the shipper (or at least the way almost all traffickers have to bribe their way thru, which over the last 2 decades has turned Mexico into a place of Cartel gang warfare. with assassinations and mass graves becoming so normal that I would rather go to the middle east then Mex right now
Since this violence is not just due to the apathy of US gov but directly supported by the selling weapons destined to south of the border which ATF gets funding from the budget as a US law enforcement agency and then uses that money to buy guns and sell them to traffickers who they don't even keep track of what a scam all while the CIA maintains soft power over the cartels and Mexico's Government using Anonymous to threaten officials with the release of information on to the internet about whose on the take, which doesn't matter whether they took the bribe or not its enough to turn public opinion against them

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As someone who lived in L.A. for many years I can safely say that this is not news. The Cartels have had their interests covered there for a long time. Do people think that all the drugs are shipped to end users? They are shipped to Cartel members and distributed throughout the gangs.

This "news" is like everything else the Government admits to. Late by at least 20 years.....

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Surely no one needed the DOJ to tell us this. I could tell you this, complete with peoples names, etc. Around here it isn't a big secret. In my town, the gangs are backed by cartels, as there is this one family that has been a GOOD customer for a couple decades. And there isn't any partnership, honestly. It is just whoever has some connections on the other side of the border, and is willing to risk their lives for some money. One guy, about 15 years ago, got into about $50k to one of the cartels. They kidnapped him and his kids, holding them for ransom. The family got together $30k, so the kids were released. They found him near death in a field in Marfa, his penis severed with him choking on it.

A local cop who ruffled their feathers was found face down in a kilo of coke, with a bullet in the back of his head. This was in a small shack in a field (again, near Marfa).

I could go on and on about those kinds of stories. You would have to be a fool to deal with those guys. Its only voluntary the first time.

A few years back we had the Latin Kings move in from Houston. Since it wasn't their normal Cartel (they were still dealing with the Cartel that owns Houston and the Texas valley), and they got real aggressive in trying to gain turf, it caused a war. Several people were shot, some were kidnapped, and it was pretty obvious that even the local police were utilizing this big drug family to help them fight the Latin King scourge that was over running our town. They all left, or were rounded up and arrested.

My best friends cousin (who i used to hang around with) is now a "mafioso". After his first 3 year stint in prison, he ganged up. It wasn't really a choice. He was on a Texas prison for drug charges. They chose him with an offer he couldn't refuse (and survive). Prisons make society worse, not better. I saw this guy last week at the store. He didn't recognize me (i have lost a lot of weight since he last saw me), and i didn't want to really talk to him (not anymore, anyway). The next day he was busted in a big drug roundup (resulting from someone else who was recently busted deciding to sing like a bird), sitting on 5 kilos of coke and 200 lbs of pot I don't think I will ever see him again (at least, I hope). He was one of 15 that were rounded up that day in my town of 25k people (we have 3 or 4 of those a year, resulting in imprisonment for 15-20 each time).
edit on 17-12-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join