It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General to Begin "Thorough" Review of State Voting Laws.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It appears as if not enough fraud has taken place, and now States may have to capitulate there sovereignty to Federal Law, so they can by-pass States regulation of voter - ID requirement.

Amazing..this goes right along with the petition to the UN to intervene in the elections...their going to do everything they can to make sure the possibility of fraud can happen. This same issue went before the Supreme Court in 2008, and was upheld in favor of Indiana, and it's people.

Source

In 2008, the Supreme Court upheld an Indiana law requiring voters to present photo ID cards, ruling that the state’s interest in preventing fraud outweighed the burdens the law placed on voters. That case, however, was based on the Constitution’s equal-protection clause and did not address the different standards imposed by the Voting Rights Act.

I can't believe this guy is still holding office..if it is not evident enough of his wrong doing with Project Gunrunner, let's not even discuss his buddy Obama's Solyndra scandal, and now he's taking this position to change State Law...not looking to good for fair elections.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more and I have never grasped the logic behind arguing against a photo ID. This is assuming we actually have a % large enough to talk about in America who would WANT to vote, are REGISTERED already yet have never cashed a check, held a job, driven a car, flown in a plane since 9/11 or opened an account of any kind, anywhere from a rental movies to stock funds, in their life.

Considering any of those things require a photo ID, we must assume this mythical minority who would be disenfranchised by the requirement have simply not done a thing from that list. Hard to believe eh?

Of course your OP and the story says ALL voting laws...so if they fail to check-mate photo ID to stop the most obvious cases of fraud of multiple voting, they can surely find another area of law to tweak and achieve a similar end result.

Why did we have to get one of the most political weasels to ever sit at Justice, just in time to screw up everything a good political animal just can't help themselves but to hopelessly screw up? Some days the stories just leave 'doomed' as a word which comes woefully short of describing our current daily reality.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This could radically change how we vote in the coming election, and to no surprise, people apparently don't care..Boy oh Boy...Maybe next time I'll pass the info to someone who can achieve discussion..

edit on 17-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You know, the complicity of the Administration is definitely under question..What gets me is how can our elected officials let this man continue to operate..

Thanks for replying..

top topics

join