It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread those love particles!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I want to know what you do to make this world a better place. I love to give as much as possible, be it money or not. It's just paying it forward. It's not about depriving myself.

A while ago I put little cards in library books with texts like 'I wish you the best". Imagine somebody finding it and wondering what, who, where

Also, I am asked by total strangers for cigs a zillion times a month. I always give. Even if I only have two.

I am thinking of new fun ways of spreading the love particles. Actually I can sort of see them in my mind's eye: multi colored specks containing amazing purple/blue tints.

So what are your happy ideas and actions? Can be anything, from donating food to shelters to giving a helping hand.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I support this idea whole-heartedly!

I just find it interesting that while you help people, you share cigarettes with them which actually slowly kill them =O!

That being said, I do the same thing! I give them out and don't ask for payment. Makes people just that little bit happier =)

To add:
Always hold doors, ask the occasional person how they're doing, smile at people, and help those in need.

I want to start volunteering, and I think when I get home, i'll start doing that.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
To treat life as if there are no coincidences and be the friend someone who needs to be heard, needs to feel respect, needs that turning point in their lives, to be there for one another in whatever way we can be. To give your positivity, your vision of a wonderful world and hold that frequency, to give comfort to the heart that needs it.

Savage Garden I knew I loved you.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I love this. The one thing I'm really big on is usually giving of myself - my time, kindness, whatever, but it's something that I think a lot of people don't really consider when they think of 'giving'.

I used to work a job that I loved/hated. It was night shift and I met all sorts of characters, but it helped me to learn a lot about people, and also about myself. I found that when you reach out to someone, most often times they are more than happy to take it, they are just waiting for someone to offer. I have lost count of how many times I would see someone who was looking a little down, or stressed, and just simply asking them if they were ok would open the floodgates. These people I had never seen before would completely open up to me without question, some would cry, some would come to moments of clarity, and most of them would walk away feeling better about their situations. They would tell me EVERYTHING, my goodness, some of the things I would hear!
But it made me feel good to know that these people had someone who was willing to listen to them and help them through a rough patch - it was the only thing that kept me at that job as long as I was there.

I also found that opening yourself up that way has an impact on what you invite into your life. I am more of a 'feeler' and this really helped me fine tune my senses, and I am able to tell a lot about a person now just by standing by them for a minute. My friends and family think I am totally nuts to talk to 'strangers' like I do - I have even been walking down the street feeling a little down myself, thinking I could use a hug or something, and some random woman just came right up to me and gave me a tight squeeze and a pat on the back and walked away.

It pays to be kind to others!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

So what is it you said that got deleted? Can you say it without violating ATS rules?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deflagration

Well sinds they manufactures started adding speed bumps (in order to avoid fires caused by smoking) to fags consisting of something chemical called can't remember, it's not slow anymore

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
So what are your happy ideas and actions? Can be anything, from donating food to shelters to giving a helping hand.

Be a s super Secret-Santa for someone this year that you don't even know personally but know is struggling.
edit on 18-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deflagration

I smile also a lot to people. Way better than being cranky and a sour pusss

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Anyone who has not been to see a doctor in the last year, gets a free office visit and prescription.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Last year I did this. People were collecting gifts for kids. I bought nice make up for girls around 13. Not slutty but sweet colors. Don't knwo who got it, but she must have the glossiest lips

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

Of course that's giving! Kindness is super. You can also spread it just thinking about something or a siituation. When there were fires in Australia a few years ago I put my healing hands on the map of the where the fires were. Hoped it helped.

For those who master reiki, you probably already know that you can radiate everything and anything with life force.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Any doctors around ATS? Can you make this happen?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A while ago I put little cards in library books with texts like 'I wish you the best". Imagine somebody finding it and wondering what, who, where

That is really cool.

Personally I always go out of my way to help others. It can be anything from a seat on the bus to money for a cab home.

S&F for my new favourite phase! Love particles!

ALS

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This thread needs more stars and flags. Bump. Such an underlooked, but very important topic. Be there for each other, in the learning of this school, all the missing pieces are found in each other, but only a heart that respects everyone and seeks to understand can see the answers there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If everyone did 1 kind act a month for no reason just to see
someone smile...that would increase the positive energy
within this world and we sure could use more of that!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I really wish I could make it happen. Maybe there is a God and he/she will hear.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Work on doing better/good everyday, help others do the same and you are always making this world a better place
That´s what i try to do everyday.

top topics

join