It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the first 48

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ok i,m not sure anyone will be intrested but would love a response,i,m in scotland and other nite i watched the program the first 48,anyone who doesn,t know what that is then its an american program following the homicide squad on murders that have just happened over the first 48 hours or beyond,my point is i watched it the other nite and some guy had been shot in a store,cut a long story short they had the victims mother in the station and had asked her what she had heard,her response was i,m not a snitch,never been a snitch in my whole life?seriously what the hell is that all about?ur own son has been murdered and shes i,m not a snitch.very sad state of affairs when even ur own mother after ur murdered won,t help you,is that the american society,keep ur american dream if thats the attitude over there.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
ok i,m not sure anyone will be intrested but would love a response,i,m in scotland and other nite i watched the program the first 48,anyone who doesn,t know what that is then its an american program following the homicide squad on murders that have just happened over the first 48 hours or beyond,my point is i watched it the other nite and some guy had been shot in a store,cut a long story short they had the victims mother in the station and had asked her what she had heard,her response was i,m not a snitch,never been a snitch in my whole life?seriously what the hell is that all about?ur own son has been murdered and shes i,m not a snitch.very sad state of affairs when even ur own mother after ur murdered won,t help you,is that the american society,keep ur american dream if thats the attitude over there.

Sparky....Please use periods. I'm out of breath.

To answer your question....Yes.

Some parts of America's inner cities have devolved to this point.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
soz,i,ll try next time,least i kept u on ur toes lol it really is a sad state of affairs when its coming to that tho.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

It's likely that she's decided it's better to protect her life than help the police to find her son's murderer. It must be bad to live in a place where you have to make those choices.

Originally posted by sparky31
is that the american society,keep ur american dream if thats the attitude over there.

That's not the American society, just a relatively small subset of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

First of all, NOBODY is forcing american society on you. Secondly, the tv show is about the what steps are taken within the first 48 hours following a homicied/ murder investigation.

Lastly and most importantly!

In america as well as other countries of the world, one's up bringing ei. In home environment and external environment play a hugeeeee part in behavior, morals yadda yadda ya blah blah blah.

Now with that being said, what you saw in her answer and behavior not to snitch in spite of the possibilty of said snitching being able to catch her sons killer is typical in SOME environments. Its called street rules. Not entirely isolated to hood or ghetto environments. Its kind of a code for lack of better words. Some people value that code or street justice more than state justice. Both could be justified, as well as frowned upon given human corruption and things of such.

Im going to assume ( errrrr i really try not to) you have some other point to this. Please feel free to express your thoughts, beliefs, and true feelings of the people you saw in the show. Im sure it will be typical and non surprising.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
but thats the point,if the american society is that bad u have to make that choice then the american society has really seriousy issues that an outsider looking in can,t understand.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i,ve grew up in an enviroment of not talking to police etc but for your own mother not wanting her own sons killers caught is way beyond anything i,ve every knew..........u can try justifie it all u want but seriously there is no justification whatsoever,i,m not dissing american society but i bet most americans are disgusted with that attitude and until uz actually realize theres a serious problem then its only going to get worse.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Your post was very hard to read mate, but I understood.

But to answer your question, Im sure some have covered it.. It is the way things tend to go in poorer areas here in America, and among some minorities (mainly blacks and mexicans, it's rubbed off on poorer white people too). They don't trust the police, either to protect them or to help them. Snitching as they say would make them a target for whoever committed the crimes. So you can guess while this is among poorer minority populations, it's largely a gang mentalility. The people inside the gangs don't snitch out of loyalty, and the people outside of them don't snitch because they'll be killed by the gangs if they do.

And the police can't protect these people the rest of their lives either, so police protection is ultimately irrelevant. Both the witness' and the gangs know it.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hahaha.

Its not isolated to JUST america my friend.

You have alot to learn. Oh and watching a tv show is no way to be an outsider looking in. If you believe so than (smh) you are easily impressionable. Sooooooo much more you need to see and experiance before you write america off as being full of crazy people. A lot of good people here. Msm will show the bad things. Your shock and first person tv shows have an agenda. To keep people watching. Oh and enjoy the commercials!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yes America has gone to hell. And get ready because we will be Americanizing your town before you know it.
We're gonna be everywhere soon enough, 'snitches' and all. Get used to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I like that show. I watch it late at night on thursdays..pretty sad though. I think they have covered every single city in US. I am sometimes surprised at some of the places that have violent crime.

I live in a town of 20K people and we've had one serial killer and many violent crimes over the past 30 years..you just never know. There are some pretty messed up people in the world..have you seen any episodes of hoarders?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The "I don't snitch" mentality is predominately a black culture thing here in the States. Many cases go unsolved because of this ignorance. I know of a young man that was beaten (at the age of 14) and is now paralyzed for life because the blacks in the neighborhood aren't snitches. About 10-15 people witnessed this young man get jumped for no apparent reason.

It's the culture that needs to be dealt with accordingly IMO.

Note I say "predominately". Other races have that mentallity too but I feel it is no coincidence that 9/10 people that aren't black that have that mentality hang around all blacks.

Nothing compares to Real life experiences folks, I call it like I see it.
edit on 17-12-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yeah its 9/10 black people or people that hang around black people.

The italian mob's, hispanic mafia's, police forces, government officials ( or high ranking officials to that matter), politicians, dont exercise such black behaviors. They are all above such nonsense. And if they do exibit such behavior, more than likely they are black. Or predominately black. Wait a minute! Thats right 9/10 of the ones who act that way HANG around some one black. Jeez what was i thinking. Hey just cold hard facts here people!

Nothing compares to real life experiance folks, i just call it how i see it.
edit on 17-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: Being sarcastic.

Question: is not a wistle blower in the corporate world a snitch at street level?

Nawwwww not the same.........
edit on 17-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I appologize for you missing the "predominate" part of my response.

If you were to live in my neck of the woods I'm certain it would be eye opening for you, even for a month. It would give you a whole new perspective on people.

. I'm sure many members feel the same way I do and have the "real life experiences" it's just that many don't speak up about it because we all know that once race is brought into the equation it's taboo and racist, correct?

May I ask you what your real life experiences are that seem to be night and day from mine to justify your mockery?

edit on 17-12-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join