It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pi - Phi^2 = cubit | mathematical secrets of giza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I saw this documentary posted on another thread and decided to document some of the mathematical 'coincidences' that are contained in the geometry of the Great Pyramid. I ended up writing for over an hour and it took up a bit of my time creating and editing some of these pictures so I decided to post this thread.

The picture you see above shows some simple dimensions of the Great Pyramid (most drawings aren't to scale). Think of this as a side on view of the Great Pyramid. The 440 (width) and 280 (height) are measured in 'cubits'. As you will see, this design has many interesting mathematical features. So what is this cubit I speak of?

The cubit is a traditional unit of length, based on the length of the forearm. Cubits of various lengths were employed in many parts of the world in Antiquity, in the Middle Ages and into Early Modern Times.

The Egyptian hieroglyph for the cubit shows the symbol of a forearm. The Egyptian cubit was subdivided into 7 palms of 4 digits each; surviving cubit rods are between 52.3 and 52.9 cm in length.[1]

Cubit - Wikipedia

The cubit is the unit of length that was used to build the Great Pyramid of Giza. It seems to have some amazing properties. For instance. If you draw a circle with a diameter of 1 meter, one sixth of the circumference will be equal to 1 cubit. Keep in mind that we weren't using the meter as a unit of measurement until some time after 1789.

So what exactly is a meter/metre?

The metre (meter in the US), symbol m, is the base unit of length in the International System of Units (SI). Originally intended to be one ten-millionth of the distance from the Earth's equator to the North Pole (at sea level), its definition has been periodically refined to reflect growing knowledge of metrology. Since 1983, it is defined as the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum in 1⁄299,792,458 of a second.[1]

Metre - Wikipedia

Upon further inspection mathematicians found that the Great Pyramid of Giza has Pi built into the geometry. If you take the perimeter of the base and divide it by the height multiplied by 2 you'll get Pi (1760/560 = 3.14). The Great Pyramid is a 'square circle' as they say. This is another highly debated subject. Many people refuse to believe the Egyptians had knowledge of Pi or encoded it into their buildings. So what exactly is Pi?

π (sometimes written pi) is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter. π is approximately equal to 3.14. Many formulae in mathematics, science, and engineering involve π, which makes it one of the most important mathematical constants.[1] For instance, the area of a circle is equal to π times the square of the radius of the circle.

π is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently, its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. π is also a transcendental number, which implies, among other things, that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) can render its value; proving this fact was a significant mathematical achievement of the 19th century.

Pi - Wikipedia

Further more, the Great Pyramid has another very important number hidden within its geometry. If you take the surface area of the four top sides and divide it by the surface of the base, you'll get the 'golden number', also called the 'golden ratio'. In mathematics I think this number is called 'Phi' (identified with the φ symbol). So just what is this golden number?

In mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio of the sum of the quantities to the larger quantity is equal to the ratio of the larger quantity to the smaller one. The golden ratio is an irrational mathematical constant, approximately 1.61803398874989.[1] Other names frequently used for the golden ratio are the golden section (Latin: sectio aurea) and golden mean.[2][3][4]

Golden Ratio

Now that we have all the ingredients that we need to connect this all together, prepare to have your mind blown. If you take Pi and subtract Phi squared you'll get one cubit (Pi - Phi^2 = cubit).

Maybe you think it couldn't get any crazier than that? Well you're wrong. Think of the next picture as a top down view (birds eye view) of the pyramid, which is drawn in black lines. If you draw two circles, one inside the square and one outside the square as shown below, and you subtract the inner circumference from the outer circumference, the answer is equal to nothing else but... the speed of light.

Coincidence?
edit on 17-12-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
this information has been available for a long time. It seems like people are just beginning to actually take note of it.

Drunvalo Melchizedek wrote the Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life, back in 1994 which contains this information and explains what it means to us as humans. You should check it out if your interested in expanding your knowledge of pyramids and sacred geometry.
edit on 17-12-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Your explanation was simple. But that is why it works so well. I like to think all our ancient knowledge and great secrets are just symbols.

All our math is based off of 3.14. or the symbol for it rather. so All our ___________ knowledge is based off of this symbol ...ect.

edit on 17-12-2011 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

this information has been available for a long time. It seems like people are just beginning to actually take note of it.
You're right, I'd heard about many of these things, such as the Pi thing. But the documentary also uncovered a lot of things that I hadn't seen before, specifically this: Pi - Phi^2 = cubit. I don't think I'd ever heard about the connection to the speed of light either, but it seems like a rather obvious thing. I will check out that book you recommended.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

All our math is based off of 3.14. or the symbol for it rather. so All our ___________ knowledge is based off of this symbol ...ect.
Well I don't think that's necessarily true. Symbols are just a way to represent a numerical value or mathematical concept. And in my opinion, math is Universal. If you can understand the symbols you can understand the math.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Upon further inspection mathematicians found that the Great Pyramid of Giza has Pi built into the geometry. If you take the perimeter of the base and divide it by the height squared you'll get Pi (1760/560 = 3.14).

I believe you mean "...divide it by twice the height."

According to the dimensions in the pic you provided, the height is 280 cubits. 280 squared is 78,400 not 560.

Now, let's reduce the fraction you provided:
1760/560 = 22/7. 22/7 is often used as an estimate of pi. However, it's appearance here has nothing to do with pi.

It is the way Egyptians measured angles. They did so in a way that is the inverse of what we today call "slope."

The slope of a line, as you no doubt are aware, is the "rise over the run." In Ancient Egypt, angles were measured as the number of cubits across and the number of cubits up. While they didn't actually set these pairs of numbers up as legitimate fractions (as you have done in this thread,) they did measure angles in this way, using pairs of counts of cubits, the first being across (or "in") and the second being up.

The Great Pyramid was built with the sides at a planned angle of 22 and 14, listed in the way that the AE's measured (this is the same as a slope of 14/22). This means that the plan was an angle of 14 up for every 22 in. Your manipulation of these numbers results in the first number being doubled (your denominator.) If you note that the angle in question (and it's obvious from your first pic) should be measured using only half the base length of the pyramid (the right triangle formed by dropping a perpendicular from the vertex,) you can work out that what I say here is simple arithmetical fact.

If you take a peek at the angle used for Kahfre's pyramid, right next door, you'll find that your same manipulations applied to the measurements of that pyramid result in a final number of almost exactly 3. In fact, if you compare the value of 22/7 to that of pi, you'll find that your number is closer to 22/7 than it is to pi, by a thousand times or more. And if you compare both to the "3.0" found by manipulating the dimensions of Kahfre's pyramid, you'll find that Kahfre's pyramid is far FAR closer to "3.0" that Kuhfu's is to 22/7 or pi.

Originally posted by ChaoticOrderFurther more, the Great Pyramid has another very important number hidden within its geometry. If you take the surface area of the four top sides and divide it by the surface of the base, you'll get the 'golden number', also called the 'golden ratio'. In mathematics I think this number is called 'Phi' (identified with the φ symbol). So just what is this golden number?

In mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio of the sum of the quantities to the larger quantity is equal to the ratio of the larger quantity to the smaller one. The golden ratio is an irrational mathematical constant, approximately 1.61803398874989.[1] Other names frequently used for the golden ratio are the golden section (Latin: sectio aurea) and golden mean.[2][3][4]

Golden Ratio

You are aware, of course, that neither pi nor phi can be expressed as a ratio? Hence the numbers you arrive at in both cases are in fact not the actual pi and phi?

Originally posted by ChaoticOrderNow that we have all the ingredients that we need to connect this all together, prepare to have your mind blown. If you take Pi and subtract Phi squared you'll get one cubit (Pi - Phi^2 = cubit).

Sorry, but what you actually get is a dimensionless number that can't be even close to a cubit: approximately -0.523466011 or so (I only used 3.1415 for pi so that number is not really accurate beyond 4 decimal places.)

That is, unless you believe that distance can be measured in negative numbers. And even then, you're left with the question -0.5235 of "what" is one cubit?

Harte

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I believe you mean "...divide it by twice the height."

According to the dimensions in the pic you provided, the height is 280 cubits. 280 squared is 78,400 not 560.
You are correct, I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. I'll correct it if I still have time. Thanks for telling me.

You are aware, of course, that neither pi nor phi can be expressed as a ratio? Hence the numbers you arrive at in both cases are in fact not the actual pi and phi?
Of course I am aware they can't be expressed as a ratio. They can't be fully expressed at all.

Sorry, but what you actually get is a dimensionless number that can't be even close to a cubit: approximately -0.523466011 or so (I only used 3.1415 for pi so that number is not really accurate beyond 4 decimal places.)
I don't know what you did wrong, but this is how it should look:

3.141592654 - 1.618033989^2 = 0.523558664

I have tested it and the answer isn't negative.

The circumference of 1/6 of a circle with a 1m diameter is also surprisingly accurate.

Circumference = Pi x Diameter. Since we are using a 1m diameter it's simple:

Pi / 6 = 0.523598776
edit on 17-12-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi,

....Upon further inspection mathematicians found that the Great Pyramid of Giza has Pi built into the geometry. If you take the perimeter of the base and divide it by the height multiplied by 2 you'll get Pi (1760/560 = 3.14). The Great Pyramid is a 'square circle' as they say. This is another highly debated subject. Many people refuse to believe the Egyptians had knowledge of Pi or encoded it into their buildings. So what exactly is Pi? ....

Further more, the Great Pyramid has another very important number hidden within its geometry. If you take the surface area of the four top sides and divide it by the surface of the base, you'll get the 'golden number', also called the 'golden ratio'. In mathematics I think this number is called 'Phi' (identified with the φ symbol). So just what is this golden number?....

That the Gizamids exhibit Pi/Phi values should not imply that the ancient designers were in fact aware of any significance our modern mathematics associates with these constants. The fact of the matter is that the Gizamids could have been designed WITHOUT actually being aware of such constants by simply using a circle and square at the design stage.

The following presentation (link below) demonstrates how this could have been done. The relative pyramid bases are produced using the Orion Belt stars. Once we have defined the relative base proportions of the three main Gizamids we can then use a circle and square to define the relative heights of each pyramid. Everything is done in a simple and systematic manner. No knowledge of math (Pi, Phi etc) is required - just the ability to draw a circle and square.

The Giza Unified Design Theory

By defining the Gizamids in such a manner the ancients would have placed these values (Pi, Phi) into the pyramid's dimensions whether they had intended it or not, whether they knew it or not.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When I plug in pi-phi^2 as the radian value, the sine value is 0.499 and the cosine value is 0.866. Very close to the square root of 3/4 (sine) and 1/2 (cosine) but not quite.

0.52355 = pi-phi^2
0.52359 = pi/6
(I truncated the values after they started to deviate)
No opinion on this, I'm just checking out the precision and noting it here.

As for the circle>square>circle image and it's supposed relationship to the speed of light... I'm going to need a little more context for that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
When I plug in pi-phi^2 as the radian value, the sine value is 0.499 and the cosine value is 0.866. Very close to the square root of 3/4 (sine) and 1/2 (cosine) but not quite.

0.52355 = pi-phi^2
0.52359 = pi/6
(I truncated the values after they started to deviate)
No opinion on this, I'm just checking out the precision and noting it here.

As for the circle>square>circle image and it's supposed relationship to the speed of light... I'm going to need a little more context for that.

Let me perhaps suggest an avenue for the reason you cannot find the definitive answer you seek, as it lies within the recurrence factors of Atomic refractory factors Example 3333 R multiplied by 9999 R you are seeking the invisible sequence of life itself the single atom within pure gold, all atomic s are based upon one liter of water H2o = one kilogram to the metric liner

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bulla

And I wish to add its an interesting thread with mind food attached, and an good read for the thirsty minds of those that seek to ponder and question, enjoyable read thank you

bulla joiner of dots, merry Christmas to all

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Drunvalo Melchizedek wrote the Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life, back in 1994 which contains this information and explains what it means to us as humans. You should check it out if your interested in expanding your knowledge of pyramids and sacred geometry.
edit on 17-12-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

There is an old adage , you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink

I understand of what you speak

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bulla

I second that!

This was a great little project to wind down the day after a mind numbingly boring day at work.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

By defining the Gizamids in such a manner the ancients would have placed these values (Pi, Phi) into the pyramid's dimensions whether they had intended it or not, whether they knew it or not.
Yes but many of these examples wouldn't work if the pyramid was scaled up or down just a tiny amount. For example the result of the last example wouldn't be the speed of light. The connections between the cubit and the meter is quite interesting, not to mention the cubits clear link to Pi and Phi. Of course it's easy enough to unwittingly hide Pi within the design of a building, but there are just so many clever features hidden within the design that I think there's no possible way they came up with this design by accident, they clearly understood the mathematical brilliance of the design. I mean give them some damn credit, Giza is still one of the most sophisticated, if not the most sophisticated building on Earth. They knew a lot more than we'll ever admit.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Here's an interesting little snippet from Wikipedia concerning the history of Pi:

The Great Pyramid at Giza, constructed c.2589–2566 BC, was built with a perimeter of 1760 cubits and a height of 280 cubits giving the ratio 1760/280 ≈ 2π. The same apotropaic proportions were used earlier at the Pyramid of Meidum c.2613-2589 BC and later in the pyramids of Abusir c.2453-2422. Some Egyptologists consider this to have been the result of deliberate design proportion. Verner wrote, "We can conclude that although the ancient Egyptians could not precisely define the value of π, in practice they used it".[39] Petrie, author of Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh concluded: "but these relations of areas and of circular ratio are so systematic that we should grant that they were in the builders design".[40] Others have argued that the Ancient Egyptians had no concept of π and would not have thought to encode it in their monuments. They argued that creation of the pyramid may instead be based on simple ratios of the sides of right-angled triangles (the seked).[41], however, the Rhind Papyrus in fact shows that the seked was derived from the base and height dimensions, and not the converse[42], so that the use of the seked system does not negate the conclusions regarding the original dimension and proportion design choices. This means that the so called 'pi theory' remains legitimate, and it has been accepted by many authorities including Petrie, Edwards and Verner[43].

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

SC: By defining the Gizamids in such a manner the ancients would have placed these values (Pi, Phi) into the pyramid's dimensions whether they had intended it or not, whether they knew it or not.
Yes but many of these examples wouldn't work if the pyramid was scaled up or down just a tiny amount. For example the result of the last example wouldn't be the speed of light. The connections between the cubit and the meter is quite interesting, not to mention the cubits clear link to Pi and Phi. Of course it's easy enough to unwittingly hide Pi within the design of a building, but there are just so many clever features hidden within the design that I think there's no possible way they came up with this design by accident, they clearly understood the mathematical brilliance of the design. I mean give them some damn credit, Giza is still one of the most sophisticated, if not the most sophisticated building on Earth. They knew a lot more than we'll ever admit.

Look, don't misunderstand me. I would LOVE this stuff to be true. But here's the rub - you have to prove INTENT. I have shown you how it is entirely possible to unwittingly place the constants Pi and Phi into the pyramid's dimensions through the simple use of a square and circle. If you scale it up accurately you will simply have a larger version of the original with the same height to base ratio.

As for the metre. If the designers understood and could measure a second of time (the AE astronomer-priests may well have understood a second of time since it was apparently understood by the Sumerians who preceded them), then the simple calibration of a pendulum to the second will naturally (as a result of gravitational acceleration at Giza = 9.793 m/s^2) produce a cord length of 39.028 inches (99.13cm). Very close to the metre.

If we then multiply 39.028 x 148 (the duration of the autumn equinox at Giza in seconds) then we obtain 5776 inches (rounded). If we then divide 5776 inches by the most commonly quoted cubit length of 20.62 inches we have a height for the Great Pyramid in cubits of 280.1 cubits. Very close to its actual quoted original height of 280 cubits. If we then add the height and base of the Great Pyramid together we obtain 14,848.91 inches. Divide this value by 720 (the number of minutes in half of 1 solar day) and we have:

14848.91 / 720 = 20.62 inches (rounded). Much closer to your value of 20.55 inches (0.522 m).

But, of course, I will never be able to prove that my method of deriving the cubit length from the equinoctial sunset at Giza is correct. I am merely showing you that there are other means to arrive at the desired result.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

edit on 18/12/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix Typo.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Hi Scott if this is so, then use Giza Atomic clock the three baby pyramids, that were used to drive Giza at sunrise and this will give you the answer you seek

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulla

Hi Scott if this is so, then use Giza Atomic clock the three baby pyramids, that were used to drive Giza at sunrise and this will give you the answer you seek

Giza was built on the schematics used, was for specific purpose of exceeding the speed of light, known as fickle perimeters, all dimensions we ending in the recurring domain

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bulla

or commonly found on mankind's computes and calculators as ERRROR

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i just figured id throw this little bit of new age ideology. i'n my own opinion i believe this could be viable.

A summery of this video is stating that the pyramids were, in a sense, giant tesla coils that created free energy. a must watch for finding out the truth of the pyramids. its all explained, and probably has already been posted in another forum.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join