It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for free full version single player shooter games

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Does anyone know where I can download free full version games? Specifically, 1st person shooters and horror survival games/ Zombie games? I have searched and all I can find is multiplayer for the most part. Something like FEAR, but single player, not demos.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Torrent. But that is illegal. Just go buy the game.
edit on 17-12-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
there are two battlefield games you can download and play for free. one is: www.battlefieldheroes.com... the other is: battlefield.play4free.com...

you could also just torrent any game you wish to play...and dont cry about it being illegal, but that will fix any and all your problems. for the most part at least.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

its only illegal if you sell or make copies. if you download it and use it for yourself and i guess file share it with friends, thats fine. theres ways around everything

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hmmm well I don't want illegal LOL....I just thought that some companies release older games as freeware, but I tried GTA's free version, and it's lame...not the same as the original.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Oh really? I never knew. I could've sworn that file-sharing copyrighted material was illegal.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

thats why you torrent. its only illegal if you sell or make copies

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh, yeah, I'm right.

No, it's 100% legal. In no state in the United States or in any other country is file sharing illegal. However, if you're sharing content that is protected by copyrights to other users it is illegal. Below are some good examples of where file sharing becomes illegal in many places around the world.

And pretty much every game that is sold is copyrighted.
edit on 17-12-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2011 by Bers81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you....I'll check it out!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

so we're both right

if it was that illegal every torrent site would be closed and cops would be at every persons door that downloads torrents, especially movies.

if you do decide to torrent, OP, just make sure you dont seed after your download is done. that puts trackers on you. also have a decent firewall and virus scan.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Its illegal to upload copyrighted material....not downloading:

However, if you're sharing content that is protected by copyrights to other users it is illegal.

Sharing....uploading.

So best thing to do is, not to upload when you are downloading torrents.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
File-sharing copywritten material in the U.S. is illegal whether you are uploading or downloading the content.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So what about versions which the companies release as free? That's what I'm looking for...oh well....I guess nothing is free
I was just curious....I'll probably just buy one, but I really don't play them much.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Crossfire. I play that all the time.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it depends what platform,
PC - just google search for free games, u should find a few sites.
Xbox 360, PS3 - consoles are startin to put a few 'Free to Play' games in their market places but you have to search through the games one by one

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Check out Americas Army. It is free, sponsored by the Army with great graphics. Been playing it for eight years now....... updates are frequent and game play is all about teamwork. Great Game!

americasarmydotcom

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Uhmm without going to the illegal route which I will not post here. But if you wanted you can find stuff online with a little search.

However there are some good fps games that you can get for pretty cheep at stores and elsewhere, I dont know if you play a lot of videogames or if you played these already but here is a short list of games that might interest you.

A lot of the older games out there you can pick them up for pretty cheep at anywhere that sells games usually. And there anywhere from 7$ for a used copy to 15$ to 20$ for a new copy of the game.
Far Cry
Doom 3
Fear 1 @ 2
Half life 2
Portal
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
The Chronicles of Riddick.
The darkness.
Left for dead 1 @ 2

Really I could go on, and not only in the first person shooter department....I dont know what platform your looking for PC, PS3, X-Box....But all the games I listed in that short list are for all 3 systems, lots of games are.

And the only free game that I played and enjoyed for a little while is Vindictus, it's not a FPS its more along the lines of an action rpg were you just make a character then go do missions and beat up on enemies. I still have a couple of charters on my computer from that game. But its an online game and you don't need a powerful comp to play the game, and all you have to do is go to there website vindictus.nexon.net... make an account, then download the game.

There are a few companies out there who make free to play games, like Nexus. But the way they make money is once you get addicted to the game and you want to buy special and cool upgrades for your characters they charge you for making your character all decked out and shinny.

All in all if your just bored and looking to play a game I would say just go to your local gamestop or wherever, and pick up a used copy of something that interests you.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Thanks G! (and all of you)for taking the time to post.... That's what I wanted to know. I appreciate all the info!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Um no problem stealthy I guessed your bored or something and looking for some story driven offline FPS games. And really the list is long in that department....I will add BioShock to that list, its a cool game tough I never finished playing it, but you might like it.

I don't play that much games now a days, and when I do it's on the PS3 network. But if you ever find yourself there. Or in some of the more popular and crazy online shoot-fests, that I and most gamers usually hang out in....Then give me a pm, I will gladly shoot and blow you up in those games.

And I might even give you a handicap, and play with one hand, or with my eyes closed..."you know to make it more fair"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join