It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The historical ignorance of Barack Obama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Assets in tax haven nations like The Cayman Islands and in Switzerland.

I already addressed this.

What is your plan to reattract and retain business and industry in the United States?

Feet stomping and creating a new defining term "SCUM".

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I wouldn't mind lowering the corporate tax rate to 20%...while closing loopholes and eliminating unneccesary subsidies, like to oil companies.

1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings.

2) Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion.

3) Over the past five years, while General Electric made $26 billion in profits in the United States, it received a $4.1 billion refund from the IRS.

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

5) Boeing, which received a $30 billion contract from the Pentagon to build 179 airborne tankers, got a $124 million refund from the IRS last year.

6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.

7) Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department.

8) Citigroup last year made more than $4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury.

9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.

10) Over the past five years, Carnival Cruise Lines made more than $11 billion in profits, but its federal income tax rate during those years was just 1.1 percent.

blogs.suntimes.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
I wouldn't mind lowering the corporate tax rate to 20%...while closing loopholes and eliminating unneccesary subsidies, like to oil companies.

Then you and I are very much on the same page. Government subsidies are just Washington idiots trying to pick winners and losers. I think your plan would be an economic boon to the United States.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Feet stomping and creating a new defining term "SCUM".

I was not sure if I shoud respond to you, what with you being a terrorist and all.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yep

Just talk indirectly to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Just talk indirectly to me.

Oh, jeez, fine. And I was just about to call in a Predator strike and make someone reeeeeeallly happy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Nah, just incarcerate me indefinitely for a perceived threat.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thread closed until 10pm CST to end bickering.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Thread closed until 10pm CST to end bickering.

Thank you for reopening.

More of President Kennedy:

"Our present tax system ... exerts too heavy a drag on growth ... It reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking ... The present tax load ... distorts economic judgments and channels an undue amount of energy into efforts to avoid tax liabilities."

– John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, press conference

"The present tax codes ... inhibit the mobility and formation of capital, add complexities and inequities which undermine the morale of the taxpayer, and make tax avoidance rather than market factors a prime consideration in too many economic decisions."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 23, 1963, special message to Congress on tax reduction and reform

Eeriely similar to the present day situation.

edit on 21-12-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Since you threw in the race card into the disciussion, I need to ask.
Why are you blaming the GOP for all your woes when historically, Democrats have been the real racists?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am still awaiting a response to this post:

...which allows them to gouge us here all to funnel it to places like The Cayman Islands as that is one giant tax haven. Allow at least 1/4 of that to be issued back to Govt in the form of taxes and watch how fast we recover...

There is an estimated 1.2-1.3 trillion in assets being held overseas. One quarter of that is aproximately 400 billion dollars. This is enough to run our bloated and inefficient government for how long? If you guessed 1 1/2 months then you guessed right. Even if you took ALL of it you would still be back in debt the following year. Do you know why? Because we spend too much.

I am still waiting for your proposal on how to reattract businesses and industries back to teh United States. What sound fiscal policy would you employ that would compell them to return or set up shop here?.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Since you threw in the race card into the disciussion, I need to ask.
Why are you blaming the GOP for all your woes when historically, Democrats have been the real racists?

Because that is the last card up the sleeve.
Did not you see that Eric Holder pulled the same crap?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Complete nationalization and control over our money and The Federal Reserve, until that happens nothing is possible!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There's a helluva lot more then that overseas. There's something like $100 Trillion plus in retainership somewhere.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There's a helluva lot more then that overseas. There's something like $100 Trillion plus in retainership somewhere.

Where are you getting your figures from? There is not even remotely that much in market capital. The world gross domestic product of 63.04 trillion does not even come close to your fictitious figure.

Stop inventing things and answer the question. How would you reattract and retain business and industry in the United States? How many times do I need to reask the same question?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Certain access to certain information that you will never know of.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Certain access to certain information that you will never know of.

Riiiight. So you made it up then?

Well, in that case, the certain access to the certain information that I have says the certain access to the certain information that you have is wrong. See how that works?

All link or two would be nice to back yourself up with, unless of course they do not exist.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No! Nothing I've said is a work of fiction! If the public was meant to know it a link could be provided but trillions are being hidden offshore. I'm aware of the existence of an account that has between $20 - $30 Trillion!

What do you not get about backchannel work? The very premise of it is no paper trail, no links, no public record!
edit on 23-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I'm aware of the existence of an account that has between $20 - $30 Trillion!

Well then, if this is the case tell us who this account, amounting to half the world's gross domestic product, belongs to.

What do you not get about backchannel work? The very premise of it is no paper trail, no links, no public record!

No 'paper trail, no links, no public record' yet Darrin Dudding the First of Jersey City, New Jersey has somehow uncovered vast sums of hidden money located in bank accounts of foreign countries. Do you really believe the stuff you type?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I unfortunately cannot trust you enough to tell you because I can't trust if you'll run back to someone.

I will just simply say "Cold War".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join