It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The historical ignorance of Barack Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Read up on this first for a little backhistory as to the entire Subprime mess :
en.wikipedia.org...

Next read this : Banks suckering people into mortgages :
www.registerguard.com...

Finally read this,
www.guardian.co.uk...

And this,
realestate.aol.com...

This,
mortgagefraudblog.com...

49 States are actively investigating the fraudulent mortgages :
boston67.blog.com...

Even more :
www.stopfraudclosures.com...

Still think the banks are the innocent victims here?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I am under a gag order that prevents me from saying much. I may've already said too much!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
So let's just not have the rich pay any taxes, delete all corporate taxes, delete all regulations, kill unions, force people to work sweatshop hours for sweatshop pay, no breaks, no nothing, and if you're late once for whatever reason you are fired is your bright idea to spur on business domestically is your bright idea?

Clam down there Mr. Irrational Appeal to Emotion. Not one of your overly-rhetorical suggestions was mentioned by me or anyone else.

I want us to be as least as competitive as the Chinese who have a entry-level corporate tax rate of 25% which can go as low as 15% for certain industries. The flood of United States jobs and dollars flowing overseas can be stemmed and even reveresed if we make our country more competitive by enticing not only the businesses and industries we lost but by attracting new ones as well.

The Triangle deal I keep on bringing up because it has total relevance and the entire douchewads want to bring the nation back to that era.

You are comical. Who mentioned that besides you? You keep going off-topic by mentioning regulations when this discussion is about historic tax rates and the President's inability to recognize their impact.

link   
reply to post by macman

Allow for total deregulation and allow a company to do whatever the toss it wants and this will be our future. No rights, no nothing!

link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

If we had new income streams coming in we wouldn't have to constantly beg and plead with The SCUM for money.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If we had new income streams coming in we wouldn't have to constantly beg and plead with The SCUM for money.

New income streams are created when entrepreneurial enterprises are created. This puts people to work on multiple levels; from the supply chain that it creates to the support infrastructure it requires. This, coupled with highly-reduced government spending will reverse the trend of borrowing and get our spending in line with our revenue.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is the best statement yet. Gag order huh?

reply to post by xuenchen

I am under a gag order that prevents me from saying much. I may've already said too much!

reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

That is nice and all. You still provide nothing but BS and Google searches.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Allow for total deregulation and allow a company to do whatever the toss it wants and this will be our future. No rights, no nothing!

Yep, because that is what is proposed.

Off the deep end...................again.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Every piece of legislation that he's tried to get through to begin to prop up a new endavour gets steamrolled by The GOP because it doesn't benefit the rich.

Highly reduced in your opinion is to kill social programs, privatize the military, privatize the post office, privatize toll collection, keep private control over our money is your bright idea which will not work.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Every piece of legislation that he's tried to get through to begin to prop up a new endavour gets steamrolled by The GOP because it doesn't benefit the rich.

Highly reduced in your opinion is to kill social programs, privatize the military, privatize the post office, privatize toll collection, keep private control over our money is your bright idea which will not work.

DEEP END....AGAIN.

First off, the GOP has a 1/3 control.
Of, lets do a little Sesame Street action, shall we. Which is more? 1/3 or 2/3?
Who has more? The Dems, with 2/3 or the Reps with 1/3?

No one has stated to privatize the Military, Toll Collection or the Post Office. You have wondered off into your own little world again, Gag order and all.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Because there are things that are being kept from the public because the public at times doesn't know what's good for them and if everyone knew of the plan there'd be a concentrated effort to kill it all to prevent Obama and The nation from ever having a success story.

Hence why the secrecy on the post private control of The Fed plan so that it couldn't be derailed by the GOP or The SCUM as The SCUM were kept in the dark about Operation : Geronimo so that they couldn't get word to him so that they couldn't protect him anymore.

As someone who has done backchannel work trust that a helluva lot more can be advanced in about 3 hours then the entire Congress is capable in 6 months!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The Conservative Dictatorship is alive and well and has been around since the 1980's and learn your history!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Gross domestic product did not return to pre-Depression highs until World War II.

World War 2 started September 1st 1939.

The USA entered the war in December1941.

GDP had returned to pre depression levels BEFORE WW2 started in Europe as well as BEFORE the USA entered the war. By any interpretation, your claim is false.

Higher deficits are not a product of tax revenue but government spending.

And Joe next door doesn't have a problem feeding his family because he lost his Job, he has a problem feeding his family because he spends too much on food?

Binary fallacy. It is not either or. We got into trouble because Pres. GW Bush BOTH engaged us in two unfunded expensive wars while at the same time reducing revenues in the form of tax breaks that favored the wealthiest Americans. Toss in mass deregulation of the financial markets and we were on a steady course for disaster.

The United States typically ran deficits only in times of war or financial crisis.

What war was Ronald Reagan spending on?

The Bush Tax Cuts are not the culprit for the poor economic climate we are experiencing.

Agreed. They were a serious contributing factor. Reducing Revenues while at the same time increasing spending is a recipe for crisis and you don't need to be an economist to understand that.

In a nut shell.....Tax Breaks that disproportionately favored the wealthiest Americans, increased spending on wars and Dramatic Deregulation of Wall Street followed by Taxpayer bailouts paid by the middle class.

We had privatized gains for a very thin slice of the wealthiest Americans and socialized losses in the form of taxpayer bailouts

That is not capitalism, that is plutocracey.

I have no issue reducing spending. Lets start with the unfunded wars rather than our childrens education or food stamps.

Let's also return the tax rate to previous levels on those who can afford it. Anyone who believes that those folks are "Job Creators" after the pastt five years has taken Frank Lutz a little too seriously.

Jobs are driven by Consumer Demand...no one hires folks because they have extra money, they hire folks when the middle class is buying their products and there is DEMAND.

Privatized gains...socialized losses...the most inequitable income distribution in our history. As of 2007 the USA had income inequality on par with countries like Rawanda and Jamaica.

Capitalism rocks, but it has to be a level playing field. What we have is a government that does everything it can to help the wealthy at the expense of the other 99%. Tax Breaks, Lobbyists bills, deregulation, tax payer bailouts when they lose. Plutocracey.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Notice on the second graph under who it spiked under?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Because there are things that are being kept from the public because the public at times doesn't know what's good for them and if everyone knew of the plan there'd be a concentrated effort to kill it all to prevent Obama and The nation from ever having a success story.

Hence why the secrecy on the post private control of The Fed plan so that it couldn't be derailed by the GOP or The SCUM as The SCUM were kept in the dark about Operation : Geronimo so that they couldn't get word to him so that they couldn't protect him anymore.

As someone who has done backchannel work trust that a helluva lot more can be advanced in about 3 hours then the entire Congress is capable in 6 months!

Again, more fantasy land BS.
You have quickly become the running joke on ATS, with your magical tails and imaginary meetings.

Me thinks GLP.com might be a better suite for you. Or maybe the High School locker room with stories of conquests.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I go back to my statement. Who has more? 1/3 or 2/3.

I know that your mind's wheel is spinning so very fast with trying to avoid this, but I am just going to keep bringing it up.
It is a very simple question.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

This is why most will never reach the plane of illumination and be second rate versions of themselves!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Dems control the Senate by a very slim, 51 - 47 majority which does not grant the Dems a majority is the Senate.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

This is why most will never reach the plane of illumination and be second rate versions of themselves!

Another poetic metaphor response from a known liar.

Ok then.
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Dems control the Senate by a very slim, 51 - 47 majority which does not grant the Dems a majority is the Senate.

Ok, back to Sesame Street.

Which is more? Even by a little bit? Which is more?

Come on, I know you can do it. Keep trying.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join