It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The historical ignorance of Barack Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You're just grasping at straws. There's no needs to say that "Obama is terrible" everytime he lifts his pinky finger. When the elections come around, they'll bus in insane numbers of non-black people to vote for the white guy/chic that they somehow think will do better. There's no need to just make anything up every few seconds about Obama. Leave the man alone, he's doing his best trying to keep all sides happy. This is getting ridiculous.

When your Ron Paul or Newt or Romney or Bachman gets elected president, they won't be any different. But I'll let you find that out for yourself.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

(walks over to the group of people who actually make a difference in the world. Not because of what they say, but because of what they do!)

Well, I guess you just eliminated Obama too!! He only knows how to talk the talk, not the walk!

Next!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
Another thread bashing Obama that has to resort to lies and a presentation of "facts" that are not the least bit accurate. Is Obama really doing this well?

Would just one of you people show us some of your facts please??!!

I'm betting we get nothing but silence!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Another thread bashing Obama that has to resort to lies and a presentation of "facts" that are not the least bit accurate. Is Obama really doing this well?

Would just one of you people show us some of your facts please??!!

I'm betting we get nothing but silence!

A very big part of me hopes you are serious.

One of us people? Who would that be?

I am sorry you did not understand that one sentence at all.

What facts are you looking for from me?

Let me know because first we are going to discuss the lie of a thread you are asking me to back up my facts in.

honestly cannot wait to find out what the hell you are talking about
edit on 17-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

You're just grasping at straws. There's no needs to say that "Obama is terrible" everytime he lifts his pinky finger. When the elections come around, they'll bus in insane numbers of non-black people to vote for the white guy/chic that they somehow think will do better. There's no need to just make anything up every few seconds about Obama. Leave the man alone, he's doing his best trying to keep all sides happy. This is getting ridiculous.

When your Ron Paul or Newt or Romney or Bachman gets elected president, they won't be any different. But I'll let you find that out for yourself.

Yeah, and Obama will bus in broke college students and illegal immigrants! So, what?

With Obama, you don't need to make this crap up. It happens.

Tell Obama to stop trying to keep all sides happy, stop campaigning and actually do something for a change! He'd rather see Congress fight among themselves as opposed to actually trying to lead them. Well, I guess you have to have some ideas first before you can lead anyone! Fail!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Prove that any of this information is a lie. If you can't do that, show some "facts" on something productive that Obama has accomplished.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What he was referring to was the systematic deregulation of the entire financial market that occurred between 1918 - 1929 that allowed and set the stage and allowed for the October 1929 stock market crash. Exactly like what occurred between 1998 - 2008 that set the stage and allowed the October 2008 crash to occur!

Using any lame arse excuse to attack him I see while being blind to the overall speech itself.
edit on 17-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Read my post directly beneath yours to see that the lie the OP is trying to perpetuate is a lie!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

He's been trying but thanks to the mantra of making him a "1 Term POTUS" which means the opposition does not give a flying toss for the USA or anyone in it.

Directly from the horse's mouth courtesy of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)! Need I say more?
youtu.be...

The speech that this thread is about is Obama bringing the message to the people directly.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Prove that any of this information is a lie. If you can't do that, show some "facts" on something productive that Obama has accomplished.

Ummm....

Uh....

Did you even read this thread?
Try the SECOND POST.

As to your off topic nonsense question, start a thread on it and I promise to fill much of it with answers. The on topic answer apparently slipped right past you here.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Yeah things will be different, if Romney or Bachman are elected, they will pass laws that we all have to attend church on Sundays and protest gays and planned parenthood on Tuesday and Thursday. If it is Newt, marriage will mean nothing, and if it is Ron Paul, well, we can all get high, and go to the whore house.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Read my post directly beneath yours to see that the lie the OP is trying to perpetuate is a lie!

I see what your saying about the quote that was posted and how it relates to the response given. I understand how you feel it was manipulated, however, this was manipulated in the media and not something that the OP pulled out of his own hat.

In the meanwhile, the information and data remains the same.

I read the whole transcript and here is something that Obama says:

Now, so far, most of my Republican friends in Washington have refused under any circumstance to ask the wealthiest Americans to go to the same tax rate they were paying when Bill Clinton was president. So let’s just do a trip down memory lane here.

Keep in mind, when President Clinton first proposed these tax increases, folks in Congress predicted they would kill jobs and lead to another recession. Instead, our economy created nearly 23 million jobs and we eliminated the deficit. (Applause.) Today, the wealthiest Americans are paying the lowest taxes in over half a century. This isn’t like in the early ‘50s, when the top tax rate was over 90 percent. This isn’t even like the early ‘80s, when the top tax rate was about 70 percent. Under President Clinton, the top rate was only about 39 percent. Today, thanks to loopholes and shelters, a quarter of all millionaires now pay lower tax rates than millions of you.

However, inside the transcript, Obama does state that Congress predicted that a tax increase under Bill Clinton would kill jobs and lead to a recession and tries to point out that it didn't. So, he's trying to justify a tax increase.

Second, under Clinton, the deficit was not eliminated. That can be proven online by looking at Treasury reports. This is misleading by Obama. If 23 million jobs were created, it was probably due to over abundant available credit at that time. This is how the mess started. For Obama to make statements that raising taxes right now won't hurt anything or anyone, but will ultimately lead to growth again is very misleading.

If you want to see manipulation of words and data, just take a look at all of Obama's campaign speeches. They're all posted online.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

He's been trying but thanks to the mantra of making him a "1 Term POTUS" which means the opposition does not give a flying toss for the USA or anyone in it.

Directly from the horse's mouth courtesy of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)! Need I say more?
youtu.be...

The speech that this thread is about is Obama bringing the message to the people directly.

What a cop out!

If Obama hadn't tried so hard (and wasted 18 months) to push Obamacare down everyone's throat when he should have been focusing on job solutions, this never would have happened. He lost the support of the people and then the other politicians were forced to turn on him too on behalf of those people.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Clinton got a balanced budget passed in 1996 that had the operating debt at about $5 Trillion with the overall debt about $15 - $20 Trillion.

The data remains clean and factual but the attack on Obama is not wanted nor is it needed as he's been trying to stick with his speech promises but is being externally leveraged into doing the bidding of The SCUM.

Those 23 Million jobs added have more then been erased and them some since 43 got into office and with Obama he's been working to try to get jobs back.

This fleecing of America which was the entire point of the speech from Kansas and what it was about.

I never trust the reports from The Treasury as they are all modified to make The SCUM look good always!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You're just grasping at straws.

I see neither one of you offered any refuting statistics. Opinions are irrelevant, statistical evidence is what this thread is about.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's obvious by now Obama's version of history is whatever he wants it to be.
The problem is the many koolaid drinkers that still love Obama don't really know history because they are too busy living for the moment. (Ex: sports, movies, entertainment, music,... )

Obama still thinks there are 57 states.
Obama still thinks a bomb fell on Pearl Harbor.
Obama still calls our early railroad system the Intercontinental Railroad.

The reason big corporations are outsourcing is because they are being taxed to death, but Obama doesn't care about th last remaining American jobs because he is too busy with putting dollars in his re election kitty.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So, do you have insurance? Because if you do they can NO LONGER DROP YOU FOR BEING SICK as they were dropping people at record rates all to maximize their profits.

He only spent less then 6 months on it and have clearly no idea where you pulled the 18 month figure from.

The purpose of the Healthcare reform law was to put your medical decision back into your hands where it belongs instead of some airhead on a phone 2,000 miles away dictating what coverage you can get and not get. This restores your freedom to make your own medical decision.

The term Obamacare is offensive. The topic has nothing to do with Healthcare Reform so nice try on attempting to divert and deflect attention and is a defining characteristic of the defeated, to deflect to something else when the lie they posted has been caught red handed.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This is the facts ;

What he was referring to was the systematic deregulation of the entire financial market that occurred between 1918 - 1929 that allowed and set the stage and allowed for the October 1929 stock market crash. Exactly like what occurred between 1998 - 2008 that set the stage and allowed the October 2008 crash to occur!

That 57 breaks down into 50 states and 7 territories and can bet without looking anywhere on the web that you can't name them. A bomb did fall on Pearl Harbor, many bombs so that is true!

The reason why they are outsourcing is because of the lax laws in places like India and China whereas the workers have little to no rights and protections and work for $100 a month. Cheap labour coupled with the ability to exploit them is the sole reason for outsourcing.

Care to try again?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What he was referring to was the systematic deregulation of the entire financial market that occurred between 1918 - 1929 that allowed and set the stage and allowed for the October 1929 stock market crash.

Really? Because his exact words were 'the decade prior to the Great Depression' which was a decade of unprecedented growth. If it did not work, as the President claimed, what, in your opinion, led to the rapid increase of gross domestic product and the equally rapid decline in unemployment? Additionally, if this was a unsound fiscal policy why did President Kennedy (d) employ the same fiscal policy and why did it have the same positive economic impact?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
it's more the historical ignorance of his speech writers.

since politicians don't even bother memorizing it, much less proof read it or write it.
edit on 17-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join