It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Is Not a Battlefield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The United States is now a battlefield, not because of any invading army, foreign enemy, or civil insurrection, but by an act of Congress. In a shameful, disgraceful bipartisan vote on the 220th anniversary of the ratification of the Bill of Rights, Congress passed a bill that essentially eviscerates the rights guaranteed in that hallowed document and guts the rule of law in our nation. Why should we be surprised? James Madison warned, “No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.” ...

The bill declares the entire world — even the United States — a battlefield and turns American citizens into mere subjects who can be jailed indefinitely, or killed simply on the order of the president. It allows the president to use the U.S. Armed Forces to detain anyone indefinitely, even American citizens on American soil, who he and he alone determines may be a terrorist. No evidence, no trial, no lawyers. Just shoot them or send them to the Bastille!

America Is Not a Battlefield (Full Article)

Another excellent editorial from Libertarian Party presidential candidate Lee Wrights. The NDAA is an absolute disgrace and perhaps the worst legislation passed since the Patriot Act. I have no doubt this was passed on the anniversary of the ratification of the Bill of Rights for a reason.
edit on 12/17/2011 by FSBlueApocalypse because: Forgot to add link in the original post

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Flags and stars but no replies? Surely someone must have a comment.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
Flags and stars but no replies? Surely someone must have a comment.
2nd line

I suspect that we're all pretty much commented out. The arguments on this have been raging for days now, and I for one am just about hollowed-out by it all. There are those who apparently up to this very minute think that it was just a harmless feel-good NDAA tack-on that had little practical effect in law.

Bummer. Sucks to be us....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Excellent article, thanks for sharing. I believe that is the best summation of my feelings towards the NDAA. Is Wrights still seeking the Libertarian Party nomination or is he already the nominee? I read several other articles on his site and I would vote for him in a heart beat if Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Currently Wrights is one of several people looking to get the nomination, although he and RJ Harris are the current front runners. Of course that is excluding a possible (probable?) run from Gary Johnson.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Love is a battlefield
-Pat Benetar

Seriously? We're stuck with it until it's fought in the Supreme Court or we get a president with the stones to reverse it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Apparently the vast majority of Congress as well Obama does not agree with him. At least in their minds the US is very much a battlefield. And they are definitely preparing for war (activation of FEMA camps). IT is said that it takes two to make a fight? Well I guess not with this Loony tune bunch in charge. What can you expect when some can barely read and others believe that Islands can cap-size. How in world did we get to this point. All I can say is WTF?

new topics

top topics

join