It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook just censored my support for Ron Paul!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

I would not be surprised if facebook was monitored by the CIA when they do these thing. It is crazy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Quick note - My posts are still up, just saying.

Regardless that my Ron Paul video and posts are still up on FB this is a great thread. Any time anyone brings censorship to our attention we should really praise and thank them, so, from me to you Roy, THANK YOU! We can never have too many people like you who are aware and willing to question.

That and I got to spread the word a Dr. Paul, so that's all GOOD!

Applause to you!

peace

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Mods please censor Ron Paul on ATS
thx

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Nothing in this life is truly free my friend, It is not your facebook, it is theirs period. Terms and conditions, this is plcaed in every transactionof any type anywhere. I here lots of people complaining about this and that with facebook(my wife being 1) and i will say the same to you as i said to her "you complain about it and yet you continue to feed it by using it still" There are alternatives out there to FB, but until you all leave en mass, they will keep changing the t and c's and you will all keep moaning and doing nothing about it.

Find an alternative and promote it between your friends and friends of friends, that way exactly the same thing can happen. Everyone hates a monopoly if we read through the pages of ats for example, so find an alternative, you may have a learning curve for a while, but even that is good because it excersises the brain.

Then and only then will fb change, except it wont, it will probably buy up the 1 you have gone to and then the process starts again lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I haven't read through this, I'm sure someone else already has figured this out. Fb didn't delete your post, your friend did. He didn't want your comment on that post. I do it to my dads comments all the time and he doesn't know. This sounds much more plausible.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You replied to a post, I'd be willing to bet your friend deleted the comment.

Stop being so paranoid.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Facebook is the CIA it was funded by InQtel which is the CIAs investment arm

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
reply to post by HellstormRising

For God's sake man; are we really going to get this technical?

Choose your own form of censorship: a rogue, evil facebook-employee with a grudge against Ron Paul who is rampaging through facebook to delete comments and posts that support him a bit too much; a high-tech software program that crawls the zillions of facebook posts to weed out anything that helps to elevate Ron Paul; or a special task-force of Ron Paul haters who have infiltrated facebook and are hacking their way into the accounts of Ron Paul supporters in order to remove supportive commentary. No matter how you want to go about describing this, it's still absurd.

Posts on facebook that are in support of Ron Paul are *not* being deleted by anyone other than their authors or the owners of the pages in which they are posted.

gotcha, I mistook your post as saying that you were thinking there is no way that someone could go through and do that. I'm of your thought pattern however I have seen programs screw up and delete things that otherwise would be legitimate. That's what I was getting at, should've been clearer

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have not read through all the comments yet but I did go to my wall to see if the video I had placed from another member here about the Jay Leno show was there. I do not know if facebook put it through newsfeed or not but it is still on my wall. So now I will read what members are commenting about your post which was removed. There is little doubt that very few believe that Ron Paul has a chance to be the Republican nominee since his views are so unorthodox and out of step with the regular partyline. But Jay did ask him pointblank about some of these issues which Ron answered rather strangely to say the least. Mostly, he realizes that he is just one man standing up for principles which nobody else has had the backbone to do. Many of his beliefs would not be supported and he recognizes that as well as acknowledged the effort it would take to implement many of them. Congress is a lot like a team of tugofwar contestants with each side pulling against each other. Nothing ever gets accomplished and most want to keep it that way. Clearly, American executive office and congress have proved that today's generations of Americans do not know how to play the game of democratic rule effectively. Most people care only about their livelihood, their personal lives, and nothing more. So long as government does not hurt their own lives too much it is a side issue from everything else. That is why Congress has been able to address its own needs over that of the nation and made life for themselves so comfy and satisfying, much to the sorrow of the average taxpayer. Americans are their own worst enemy it seems. Ron Paul won't make a dent and everyone knows it. He only appeals to voters on a very marginal level...so long as he speaks up, he gets followers, knowing very well none of his ideas will ever get support.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This really is an ad for Karen more than for Ron Paul but it is interesting to see that the two are coupled here. Penny wise, pound foolish I always learned.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

This is true. I get a lot of political stuff through facebook that has not been censored. It is obvious that some friends are only sending out political stuff and some I stopped myself as I got tired of some of the diatribe, always sounding the same song repeatedly. I have not received much on the political agenda though.;

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Facebook is a private company who runs its enterprise the way they want it. To think other wise is short sited from understanding that not all assets and property belong to you to do as you please.

Signing up to Facebook or any other enterprise removes all rights you think you had.

Dreaming of a free world does not make it so.

Wake up and smell your chains.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They don't censor the message itself they censor the way it is posted, words typically from copy pastes are not accepted, you generally cannot copy/paste a status without modifying it.

The censor is for the structure of the post, not the content you tin-foil hatters.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Facebook is a private company who runs its enterprise the way they want it. To think other wise is short sited from understanding that not all assets and property belong to you to do as you please.

Signing up to Facebook or any other enterprise removes all rights you think you had.

Dreaming of a free world does not make it so.

Wake up and smell your chains.

I was going to post the same thing. People can complain that Facebook, ATS, or whatever site is censoring their posts but unless you own the site and don't violate your hosts terms, anything you want to post is subject to being removed. Go ahead and complain to a site if you think your posts are being "censored" but you might as well argue with a brick wall.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So what Faceboook is a company, not a Government entity...they can do this. Yes it is bad policy but its a company, so do this:

1) Cancel your account
2) Create one on Google+ and post your support
3) Volunteer you time locally in your community

If you hit a wall try a different direction...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I live in the U.S., and oftentimes, I'll go to post an anti-government-ish video on my FB, and it will post the caption but not the video. So I'll have to repost.

On YouTube, if I post an anti-government-ish comment, it will very often make me type a captcha, saying it is "for security purposes" or because "I've posted a lot of comments recently," as if it matters how many comments I post using my own dang account.

FB is also making it obvious that they use the facial-recognition technology now by "identifying your friends," as well as something that is tracking specific words in people's statuses, i.e. "10 of your friends have posted about 'Christmas'."

Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
First off, I really liked the video. Thanks

About an hour ago I posted it on Facebook.

It appeared and still does appear on my "Update Status" page
and it did post to my "Home" page. However Facebook
deleted it very quickly after posting. I've looked several times
and it still does not appear where others will see it.

I'm going to try a roundabout approach that their censorship
computers might not notice.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
Facebook has been trying to influence people by way of censorship lately.

The last guy who was inventing an alternative for FB ended up dead, in his 20's.

Wait... what? Who was that?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
OK I'm back and indeed my posting on FB was censored, however it made it through for a few moments, and just as a FB friend in Canada caught it.

He was able to post it and it has not been censored, but I live in the USA and mine was censored. So I posted the following and it has not yet been censored.

"Dear FB friends. Facebook has been censoring some articles that fly in the face of political opinion or against big banking. Today a video I posted was censored. It is an explanation of what a 'one-100,000,000 $$ penny' is worth. You can find it on you tube if you type it out in words, not numbers. It is interesting that a FB friend in Canada had no problem posting it."

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is it possible there is a group targeting Ron Paul posts, flagging them as inappropriate, and triggering an automatic deletion? Apparently this happens with bans on Twitter.
www.businessinsider.com...
I don't know. I wouldn't do either one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join