It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Jay Leno. Crowd loves it! Plus an endorsement from Joe Rogan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
One of the best things to happen for Ron Paul right now. I can't wait to see him debate Obama. Obama is going to be stammering and stuttering against this man.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Dec 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Joe Rogan shows us that you can be successful, support Ron Paul AND Occupy Wall Street, at the SAME time!

Yes, he supports Occupy also, that's because he knows whats really good with reality it'self.

Plus he makes a TV show(fear factor) demonstrating how people will sacrifice oneself for money, the show just makes a joke out of those people imo.

Oh, and the crowd always loves Ron Paul

edit: I am still watching, Ron Paul is nailing it all, looks this show is really letting Paul explain himself

edit on 17-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not many politicians get a standing ovation on Jay Leno. Gives me even more confidence that he will be President in 2012.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I loved this vid. It shows Ron Paul to be just an average guy, like us. He is endearing himself to the young people in ways that non of the other candidates could even imagine. No fluff...just common sense

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
One of the best things to happen for Ron Paul right now. I can't wait to see him debate Obama. Obama is going to be stammering and stuttering against this man.

They will have to give Obama an hour to make his point why Dr. Paul will succinctly make his in 30 seconds.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Rothbard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How soon we all forget how promises made became promises broken once elected.

People sing the praises of their politicians like their God's until their the leader and then the decry them like devils.

Rinse, repeat...4 to 8 years later.

So, how does it feel to be stuck in the same cycle of madness for years and years seeing no real changes and only given hope that is turned to disappointment soon after?

I for one tire of the games, but never tire watching them.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I loved this vid. It shows Ron Paul to be just an average guy, like us. He is endearing himself to the young people in ways that non of the other candidates could even imagine. No fluff...just common sense

He is doing what many young Politicians do, the only difference is he is much older and people will hear him. No one will listen to the 25 year old rep from Wisconsin who probably has the same ideas.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

You seem to have no idea what Ron Paul's LONG STANDING background is. You sound like you just found out who Ron Paul was a month ago maybe less. Basically all your saying is, "He's a politician like all the others. He can't be trusted." You act like he's been saying the same lies over and over for the last 30 years. Pretty hard not to contradict yourself ever over a time period like that. Plus he hasn't been running for President for the last 30 years either.

99% of the time I'd agree with you. You're entitled to your opinion though.

edit on 17-12-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by Destinyone

He is doing what many young Politicians do, the only difference is he is much older and people will hear him. No one will listen to the 25 year old rep from Wisconsin who probably has the same ideas.

Well...I'm 60 years old, and I like his message...all of it

The big difference between Paul and the 25 year old rep from Wisconsin...about 50 years of *on the job* experience.

Paul actually has a long resume, for me to make my decisions on who to vote for.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am really hopeful he will make it, but at the same time I remember falling for all the BS Obama spouted in his campaign, so I'm still thinking a lot of what ANY politician says is gonna be rubbish.

I know Ron Paul has stood for a lot of what he's saying for a very long time though. And that's definitely a bonus.

Still, I think it would be wise for people not to get all caught up in the drama and soundbites, don't get your hopes up.

Obama promised the Earth before he became president, and he either let the mask drop when he became president and showed that he'd basically lied all through his campaign, or he was forced to back down on almost everything he promised to do.

I want it to be different this time, but my suspicion is that even if Ron Paul does become president, the *real* puppet masters will make most of what he's promising impossible.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I understand where you are coming from. The letdown of Obama his left a lot of people feeling like their vote doesn't really count.

But, one thing that Paul has repeatedly said, is that if he were President., he would use that power to veto, veto, veto. the bills placed before him that didn't represent the will of the people. He has a history of doing just that, so I have more faith in him, than any of the others running for this office.

edit on 17-12-2011 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You're right about Obama. Goldmann Sachs got in his pockets during his campaign. All of his "corporate endorsements" became known AFTER he was elected. So I agree, Obama threw away his mask at the inauguration.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I want it to be different this time, but my suspicion is that even if Ron Paul does become president, the *real* puppet masters will make most of what he's promising impossible.

This is pretty much what my wife is saying as well. She is as frustrated as anyone else and she was a big supporter of Obama. Now she's pissed that most of what he spouted out during the campaign has shrivelled to nothing. She is, understandably, rather sceptical now. I think Paul's saving grace in this area is consistant track record....

In thinking about it, though, I have to ask. Why does Ron Paul want to be president? What is it as President that he thinks he can do that cannot be done via Congress? I think I know some of the answer. As President, he can repeal executive orders and dismantle a lot of the bearuacracy without a single law being passed by Congress.

My other hesitation about his plans are the outright removal of things like the Department of Education in the first year. It's not that I don't agree with it, it's that the sudden removal of such a large monolith will create a void that the states will have to scramble to fill. I have not seen any discussion about how that would work.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I laugh at people who would support Obama again because it shows a clear lack or understanding.

Also I think that Ron Paul should be president, and the only reason you would disagree is because your an idiot and know nothing about politics.

Its great to see Joe Rogan getting more popular I respect the man's opinions he's much smarter than he gets credit for. maybe he can help open peoples minds to OWS as well as other things that people dont seem to understand.
edit on 17-12-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by EspyderMan

You seem to have no idea what Ron Paul's LONG STANDING background is. You sound like you just found out who Ron Paul was a month ago maybe less. Basically all your saying is, "He's a politician like all the others. He can't be trusted." You act like he's been saying the same lies over and over for the last 30 years. Pretty hard not to contradict yourself ever over a time period like that. Plus he hasn't been running for President for the last 30 years either.

99% of the time I'd agree with you. You're entitled to your opinion though.

edit on 17-12-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: typo

You miss my point entirely. While I know his history quite well for standing his ground and doing what he believes is right. I also realize he is the representative of the Constitution. I also agree he is the best candidate.

My statement lies in the worry that as soon as someone is elected president, most of what they used to do, most of their promises, never get full-filled as we had interpreted them. I worry his radical ideas, well-intentioned as they are, are implemented as we understand them and will benefit the USA as he predicts.
Will his hands be tied for the most part?

The only way to know for sure what will happen is to vote him in. He is well deserving based on his resume and what he stands for. Now I wait for the results.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Topic already exists here

Please discuss in the previously posted thread

Closing

top topics

join