It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul for PRESIDENT, Not KING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but thought I would give it a life of it's own, as I want to here your thoughts on this.

The Sad thing is, Ron Paul would be President, Not King, nor would we want a king.

If he stands by his word, and adheres to the constitution, very little will actually get done, but not because of him, it will be because of the people in congress and the senate, on both sides, disliking the lose of power and money they have had for so many years. They will do all they can to block any proposal he wants. They want him to fail.

The only way around this is to get rid of 90% of both congress and the Senate, and to put people in office, who stands for the constitution like Dr. Paul.

They don't have to be like minded in everything (nor would we want them to), but they have to know and adhere to the constitution.

Outside of that, I see nothing but a virtual "bloodbath" from Republicans, Democrats, the Media, and Corporations, if not a literal bloodbath.

This is Sad, but true. Don't keep it from trying though, I hope I am wrong.

Vote Ron Paul 2012
edit on 17-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There is a lot he has power over that he can do right away.

He has command over the armed forces, he can bring back all the troops and end the foreign military bases, just with his powers as president.

He can also pardon all non-violent drug offenders from jail, as he said he would do in an interview, as the president has the power to pardon.

Those right there are two reasons I reeeallly want him to be president, and I know for a fact he can achieve.
edit on 17-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I Really think Ron Paul is the best candidate for Pres. I just don't think it will happen until we have a BLOODY revolution. Most ppl are too apathetic and lazy to go for real change. I wish for change, I just don't believe it will happen. We'll end up with another puppet in office who favors the corporate global oligarchy and life will continue to suck.

I'm just waiting for a Comet to straighten things out around here

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not a popular thing to say but I'll say it anyways - I wish he was 20 years younger. The rigors of the office are VERY harsh on people. I'd have to know who he plans on having as VPOTUS before I'd vote for him. No use putting the man in just to have him stroke out 6 months later and then we are stuck with someone not up to Ron Pauls caliber.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know it's not popular, but I agree with you. If he were younger, it would quell a lot of people's doubts. I don't trust anyone that I know of to keep his vision for the country, should he not be able to finish his term.

To the OP: I also agree. People are all wound up (just like they were in 2008 for Obama) and thinking all these drastic changes are going to take place once he gets in office. But, JUST like Obama, he's going to find out that he has very little power to execute his vision.

There is NO difference in the way the masses are worshiping Ron Paul as the savior of the future from when the masses were worshiping Barack Obama as the savior of the future. And I have no doubt that the disappointment will be the same...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
He can rescind all the executive orders that have been executed by the potuses that came before him. All in his first day.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i don't have a vote in this country despite being a permanent resident, but i am all for ron if not simply because i truly believe as a harsh cynic when it comes to political figures in general, that ron is a 100% tremendous person and the one guy worth believing in.

other than that, ron paul's attention represents the rejection of the current power structure by the true free masses, which is rationally the best thing i can stand for given how shady and gray every area of the alternative media/conspiracy world is. there is no way Ron's increasing stength part of the big plan like obama/barry or george w (most of the others throughout history come to think of it), the mainstream media blacking out is just so obvious and apparent.

i don't doubt that big things would happen if he was to obtain any kind of position of power, i just know i'll be sitting back with the beer and popcorn rooting for the guy. in my eyes and most other people's who i consider intelligent and sensible, ron paul is legit.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Impeachment:
At the Federal level the process to impeach an official is spelled out in the Constitution. If treason, bribery or other high crimes or misdemeanors are committed by those we have elected to our federal government, the President, Vice President, Federal Judges and Cabinet Members, they can be impeached. You can't impeach members of the House or Senate, since these bodies handle member misconduct. But you can impeach a Congressman, or a Senator. If they refuse to do their jobs, we have the Law to work for us.

Each state has its own rules to impeach an official, although most require a majority vote of legislature, usually the House, to impeach, while a 2/3 vote is necessary to convict. The State Supreme Court Chief Justice often presides. Many states model their impeachment process on the federal model.

Here in America we have the Rule of Law to guide us. For a long time now, the lawyers who sit in power subvert these Laws, and do whatever they want, they consider themselves above the Law.

Ron Paul does not seek power over anyone. He will be a honest leader of We the People, and would make certain the Congress and Senate obeyed the Law. He has even said he would not take more pay, as president, than the average worker.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rothbard

Originally posted by Rothbard
He can rescind all the executive orders that have been executed by the potuses that came before him. All in his first day.

Which ones do you want rescinded?

Obama can kill Bin Laden, end the Iraq war, legislate fair pay for women and stop discrimination of gay people in the military and gay federal employees, etc. He can tweak the economy to prevent total economic failure and stop the decline of jobs available to citizens. But he has also failed to deliver on some key issues that he campaigned on. And Ron Paul will, too.

I'm not meaning to turn this into a thread about Obama, but as a person who voted for Obama last election and may very well vote for Paul this one, I can see the similarities of both campaigns as regards their 'followers'. Yes, Obama had overzealous followers who were every bit as fervent as today's Paul supporters are. ALL Obama supporters were shamed and criticized for even supporting someone who had such "worshipers". Now, those critics ARE the worshipers, but they won't admit it. They say "It's different"... I don't think so.

Yes, Obama supposedly "came out of nowhere" (even though I had been hoping he'd run since 2004 - I knew who he was) and he didn't have the unwavering consistency and history that Paul has. That doesn't negate the fact that many Paul supporters are JUST as enamored and JUST as adoring and full of "hopey changey hope" as the more adoring Obama supporters were.

I said many times that Obama is NOT a king and cannot wave a wand and change the world. And I'm saying the same thing about Paul. I may very well vote for Paul, but I'm not becoming a groupie any more than I was an Obama groupie. I will vocally and strongly support whomever I chose, but I will also be critical! I won't blindly let hope cloud my expectations. There's nothing wrong with hope. But there's something wrong with the occult-like worship and expectations placed on our so-called leaders today.
edit on 12/17/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
When Ron Paul gets into office it will be because the people demanded it. It will be our responsibility to stand by him and not let a bunch of cry-baby congressmen give him grief.

Ron Paul can't do it by himself. He needs Congress and he needs us. We will decide what needs to be done. We will decide what actions need to be taken to reverse this mess we're in. Once he's in, we can't just brush our hands and say mission accomplished. We have to dig in and fight. Once he's in, we need to keep a close eye on our Senators and Representatives. We have to let them know exactly how we want them to vote.

There's a real chance the MSM will try to keep us in the dark or mislead us. Stay informed. Make sure your friends and relatives are made aware. Stay in constant contact with your congressmen. By giving the same support to President Ron Paul that we give to candidate Ron Paul, we can create the real changes that are so sorely needed.

It won't be easy but the rewards could be magnificent.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just that jaded and cynical, but part of me believes Ron Paul doesn't want to be president. After the primaries are over he can spend the rest of his time as a cult like figure in the "liberty" movement and get cushy book deals, speaking engagements, etc.

Even if he did get into office, Ronald Reagan talked the Libertarian talk but didn't walk the walk one bit. I wonder if Paul would be a similar case.

top topics

join