It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recall on ground beef over E. coli concern-16 states possibly effected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Nebraska meatpacker recalled more than 40,000 pounds of ground beef products distributed in 16 states after a test confirmed the presence of E. coli, the Agriculture Department said Friday. The products were shipped to institutions and distributors in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Tyson Fresh Meats Inc. of Dakota City, Neb., recalled 10-pound chubs of chuck fine ground beef 80/20, packed in cases containing eight chubs.

Source

Just saw this and wanted to post this article and get it out there just in case for anyone in the states that could potentially be effected.never know,be safe and I hope no one has had to personally deal with by this.

Is it me or has E. coli and other similar bacterium found in our food increased significantly in the last couple of years? or maybe I am looking into this too much,let me know what you guys/gals think

edit on 17-12-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

There has definitely been a large increase in food contamination in recent years. It has become a regular thing and has been effecting almost everything. It is becoming eat at your own risk. The FDA has cut the number of employees and well as the amount of food it actually inspects. Many food companies are operating on a self reporting system equal to the fox guarding the hen house ideology.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Yes, we can't have valuable FDA agents time wasted inspecting food when there are raw milk and organic food terrorists out there.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hmmm, Tyson?

Funny, in all the places I have lived the only familiarity I have with this company is for chicken products. It's too bad that the article doesn't list which grocery chains carry the ground beef products.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Is that the full article, or do you have a link.

I did check, and it is not yet listed on global incidents.
food.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Is that the full article, or do you have a link.

I did check, and it is not yet listed on global incidents.
food.globalincidentmap.com...

Here is another article. It's all over google.

wtaq.com... round-chuck-usda-finds-e-coli/

UNDATED, WI (WTAQ) - Wisconsin is one of 16 states where Tyson Fresh Meats, Incorporated, is recalling ground beef products. More than 40,000 pounds of meat are included in the recall. A routine test by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service discovered the presence of E. coli. The recall involves 10-pound chubs of chuck fine ground beef 80/20, packed in cases of eight chubs. No reports of illness connected to the product have been received to this point. Consumer questions are being referred to the company at 866-328-3156.

Interesting, this article includes a phone number for Tyson. Don't ya know they are awfully busy today!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here is a list of grocery chains that may have some of this bad beef:

www.progressivegrocer.co... m/top-stories/headlines/fresh-food/id33844/tyson-recalls-contaminated-ground-beef/

Tyson shipped the affected ground beef to Kroger, Food Lion, Sav-A-Lot, Spectrum Foods, Supervalu and the Defense Commissary Agency through distribution centers in Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.

Also it says something about 3lb chubs of the stuff, too, and more than the 80/20 blend.

Specific products being recalled include are Kroger Quality Guaranteed Ground Beef 73% Lean 27% Fat 5-pound chubs; Butcher’s Brand Premium Beef, Ground Beef 73% Lean 27% Fat 3-pound chubs; and Ground Beef 73% Lean 27% Fat (printed film for retail) 3-pound chubs.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I would start taking an oil of oregano capsule every three days. It kills E. coli. I'd also have it on hand if you begin to develop symptoms of food poisoning or flu.

www.healingnaturallybybee.com...

Oregano oil also is a terrific natural antibiotic that works against bacteria. Lab tests have proven it is effective as one of the strongest antibiotics (Vancomycin) in killing staph, E. coli and other bacteria.

It does this without creating mutant strains of drug-resistant bacteria, and it has none of the debilitating side effects of pharmaceutical antibiotics. For those bedridden or in the hospital, oil of oregano is a defensive weapon against potentially deadly bacteria. It is easy to take and is effective against any known forms of pathogens.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by supine

www.progressivegrocer.co... m/top-stories/headlines/fresh-food/id33844/tyson-recalls-contaminated-ground-beef/

Are your sure about this URL, it links to an article from September. ?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by supine

Are your sure about this URL, it links to an article from September. ?

Ya, I think the new recall info was added on to the older article, so apparently this has been going on for a while. It said something like the other recall was for 40,000 lbs of beef, but in the link it mentions 131,000 lbs.

Crazy, huh?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Ah ha....found one
this is from the USDA website
www.fsis.usda.gov...&_Events/Recall_101_2011_Release/index.asp

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I like it when I can find a beef clod and cut and grind my own.

It saves me a TON. However, it's only once or twice a year I can ever find them, though I ask the butchers at Kroger repeatedly to carry them.

I really dislike the meat industry as a whole. If I had more land, I'd raise and slaughter my own. Tyson is really cruel. I wonder if they don't see humans as just another meat resource of a different kind.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Whether or not this is a recent recall/warning should not be the main focus here. We know that every so many months we see spinach and other food products recalled for E. coli, so why not take precautions now instead of waiting for the breaking news report? Just keep oil of oregano on hand and take it every few days so you won't have to worry about whether or not you're eating tainted food. It's just the smart and diligent thing to do.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Do you know of any natural cure for salmonella ?

www.kctv5.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Good question. Salmonella is nothing to take lightly. I had it in 10th grade for almost two weeks and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Oil of oregano should kill salmonella, too, but I also found this info. Fresh garlic is also a great bacteria, virus, and fungal killer. I hope the info below answers your question.

www.livestrong.com...

Step 1

Drink plenty of fluids to replace those lost through vomiting and diarrhea. Include garlic tea as part of the fluid replacement. The Hospitality Institute of Technology and Management reports that the active ingredient in garlic is effective for halting the growth of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria in salmonella. Make a tea by adding two cloves of crushed garlic to one cup boiling water and steep for 15 minutes. Drink throughout the day. More can be made as needed.

Step 2

Take homeopathic Arsenicum album to relieve food poisoning symptoms. Arsenicum is helpful for treating diarrhea accompanied by nausea and vomiting, all producing burning pains throughout the digestive tract, according to Frans Vermeulen in his book, the "Synoptic Materia Medica." The remedy may relieve cramping, restlessness and anxiety, all symptoms that may occur during an attack of salmonella poisoning. The patient may be fearful, chilly and thirsty during an attack. Arsenicum is available in health food stores and from online homeopathic pharmacies. If symptoms continue after several doses, another remedy may be necessary. Consult with a homeopath for assistance in choosing remedies and for dosing guidelines.

Step 3

Take some activated charcoal to help absorb the poisons in the gut. The charcoal comes from burnt remains of various plant materials, which are treated to increase the surface area, making it extremely porous. Take as soon as symptoms appear to prevent or stop diarrhea and dehydration, recommends the Earth Clinic.

Step 4

Use oil of oregano for its antimicrobial properties, recommends O. Peter Snyder of the Hospitality Institute. The active ingredients found in essential oil of oregano include phenol, which is known for being able to destroy the bacteria-causing salmonella poisoning. The powdered spice of oregano may be helpful, but oregano oil is more potent. It is available in health food stores. Because it may cause side effects, consult with an herbalist who can supervise treatment.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

that man from Erope,he had a show going around changing what kids are served at school, one of his shows was on hamburger ,ground steak and chunk beef, the FDA approved using amonia in a certain percent of beef to kill e-coli...obviously it isn't working, also imagining the future health issues.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry to laugh, but after reading the descriptions of "beef chubs and "clods" my stomach is turning....ecoli or not. I quit eating meat productsbecause of all this stuff (contamination, plus a few vids I saw on how it's all done....uggggh.

edit on 12/17/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Whether or not this is a recent recall/warning should not be the main focus here. We know that every so many months we see spinach and other food products recalled for E. coli, so why not take precautions now instead of waiting for the breaking news report? Just keep oil of oregano on hand and take it every few days so you won't have to worry about whether or not you're eating tainted food. It's just the smart and diligent thing to do.

Agreed.

It seems these days you absolutely have to be proactive and live with a 'rather be safe than sorry attitude' or end up paying the consequence .

Thank you for that natural remedy,I was not aware of that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Sorry to laugh, but after reading the descriptions of "beef chubs and "clods" my stomach is turning....ecoli or not. I quit eating meat productsbecause of all this stuff (contamination, plus a few vids I saw on how it's all done....uggggh.

edit on 12/17/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

I can completely understand why you would say that
and I agree 100%
I am not sure how long our food has been tampered with but it would not surprise me one bit if some of the modern ailments and increases of medical disorders/diseases was directly linked to our food & the detrimental modifications that are being done to it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Yeah....it's full of antibiotics and who know what else. I used to love a big ole steak and baked potato....but now....I can't stand it. I still ate chicken and fish.....then I adopted a rooster who showed up at my house, and he follows me everywhere and has become a pet (so now I can't eat chicken:lol
....I still eat fish, but thatnks to the oil spill and Fukushima, only pond raised.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join