It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Victoria’s Secret Revealed in Child Picking Burkina Faso Cotton

page: 7
22
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   


Another common cause of inflation is a rise in production costs, which leads to an increase in the price of the final product. For example, if raw materials increase in price, this leads to the cost of production increasing, which in turn leads to the company increasing prices to maintain steady profits. Rising labor costs can also lead to inflation. As workers demand wage increases, companies usually chose to pass on those costs to their customers.
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


it's a vicious spiral.

first, the demand to pay people who decide not to work, under the context that we don't have a solid way to determine that they aren't working due to disability of some kind or an unfortunate upbringing in which they weren't instilled with a healthy work ethic.

then the increase in taxes which are spread around to the workers and the businesses, including all manner of little extra charges to get more money in to the government coffers for paying for other programs that aren't related to poverty, at least directly.

this causes the prices to go up. soon the people who bought the products, go looking for cheaper products because the overall effect of increasing prices is causing those who do work, to not be able to pay their bills.

when they go looking for cheaper products, the original companies who raised their prices to offset their losses. either go out of business or try to move elsewhere. now the government has two choices, it can either 1) relax laws about imports and exports and let them go offshore or 2) force them to stay at home and go out of business.

so in essence, the entire problem starts with the federal side of government getting involved in people's money in the first place. there definitely needs to be laws to protect the people, and charitable programs are extremely important and ethical, but if the capitalist engine is not allowed to function properly, the whole thing starts a death spiral into oblivion, and everyone ends up a slave to the state, except for a tiny handful and that tiny handful, have everything.

this seems to be where we're at now. a few people have everything and everyone else is teetering on the edge of oblivion or already there. the ones who are still teetering, are now the new targets, cause we just aren't poor enough. we all need to be poor together. misery loves company. a good friend won't let you do stupid things alone, and etc.




posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Domo1
 


Capitalism at it's finest.


So true. We need to usher in a new Stalin or Lenin model of labor, which is very friendly towards workers of course. I'm not sure who you are kidding here. yourself, that is who.

Child labor is not a problem of capitalism, a problem of socialism, or a problem of communism. Its just a problem, period. To pretend its just capitalism is ridiculous.

One possible solution is fair trade labels. What percentage of your shopping is done using that, oh holier than thou?



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Domo1
 


Capitalism at it's finest.


So true. We need to usher in a new Stalin or Lenin model of labor, which is very friendly towards workers of course. I'm not sure who you are kidding here. yourself, that is who.

Child labor is not a problem of capitalism, a problem of socialism, or a problem of communism. Its just a problem, period. To pretend its just capitalism is ridiculous.

One possible solution is fair trade labels. What percentage of your shopping is done using that, oh holier than thou?


communism only flourished when it had a ready supply of dissidents to do slave labor in siberia or homes to pillage for everything of value, including the families keepsakes. like what in the sam hill does a communist soldier need with aunt mabel's wedding dress or grandfather's baby blanket?
edit on 18-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by 2manyquestions


People in these poor countries will have to pick themselves up and demand better living and working conditions.



Yup. that is exactly the problem. People are opressed in these countries because they are lazy and quiet. hope you have a warm basement this winter.


Who said they were lazy? I certainly didn't. All I'm saying is that if they don't want to be oppressed they need to speak up for themselves. I'm not saying change will come overnight or that it will be easy, but what else is there to do? Or should they wait for the U.S. or U.N. to come in and liberate them? We all know what that kind of "liberation" costs. Throughout history you have one country after another taking to rebellion and revolution to make a change toward a more positive life. It takes a nation of people to rise up against their oppressors. They need to come together to form a Government and laws which will help in securing them a better life.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Who said they were lazy? I certainly didn't. All I'm saying is that if they don't want to be oppressed they need to speak up for themselves.


Is that all? That seems so easy. Why don't you tell them all they need to do is say something. I wonder how you would know wether they said anything or not to begin with. If all they need to do is say something and have not, other than lazt what reason could you be hinting at?


I'm not saying change will come overnight or that it will be easy, but what else is there to do? Or should they wait for the U.S. or U.N. to come in and liberate them? We all know what that kind of "liberation" costs. Throughout history you have one country after another taking to rebellion and revolution to make a change toward a more positive life. It takes a nation of people to rise up against their oppressors. They need to come together to form a Government and laws which will help in securing them a better life.


Like I said, warm basement. It sounds like everything you know about the world comes from about that perspective. Yes, these people are opressed because they have not asked to opression to stop yet. That makes more sense.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


You missed critical steps.

Then they convince people that a few people collecting welfare are creating inflation which is in fact due to the rigging of the markets, and they vote in politicians who eliminate the laws against business fraud. The banks than begin raiding peoples pension plans, and turn the stock market into a International casino.

The same politicians elected under the con of the free market, borrow huge amounts of money in the name of the people, and use that money to create slave labor nations abroad, which ICBs can exploit, and ship production and jobs with it,overseas.

They claim slave labor is a legitimate mechanism of capitalism, and therefore justified.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by undo
 


You missed critical steps.

Then they convince people that a few people collecting welfare are creating inflation which is in fact due to the rigging of the markets, and they vote in politicians who eliminate the laws against business fraud. The banks than begin raiding peoples pension plans, and turn the stock market into a International casino.

The same politicians elected under the con of the free market, borrow huge amounts of money in the name of the people, and use that money to create slave labor nations abroad, which ICBs can exploit, and ship production and jobs with it,overseas.

They claim slave labor is a legitimate mechanism of capitalism, and therefore justified.



oh it's all part of the same issue. welfare is not the problem. the problem was, once the gov had the money and power to collect it, it wanted more, and more, and more, and yet more, and still more, and further more, did i mention more.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by 2manyquestions


People in these poor countries will have to pick themselves up and demand better living and working conditions.



Yup. that is exactly the problem. People are opressed in these countries because they are lazy and quiet. hope you have a warm basement this winter.


Who said they were lazy? I certainly didn't. All I'm saying is that if they don't want to be oppressed they need to speak up for themselves. I'm not saying change will come overnight or that it will be easy, but what else is there to do? Or should they wait for the U.S. or U.N. to come in and liberate them? We all know what that kind of "liberation" costs. Throughout history you have one country after another taking to rebellion and revolution to make a change toward a more positive life. It takes a nation of people to rise up against their oppressors. They need to come together to form a Government and laws which will help in securing them a better life.


How much do you enjoy Coca Cola?

Here you go- (you can actually do research instead of just asking questions...these days with google it takes about the same amount of time):


A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Florida accuses the Coca-Cola Company, its Colombian subsidiary and business affiliates of using paramilitary death squads to murder, torture, kidnap and threaten union leaders at the multinational soft drink manufacturer’s Colombian bottling plants.


Source

They do speak up.

People do speak up and get murdered. So for you to make up fantasy stories that these people who get abused by Western companies do not speak up at all, or only need to speak up to "improve" their working conditions or lives...

So do the research next time, you have a pc, you have internet, you have a full stomach, you have no excuse.
edit on 20-12-2011 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel
 


I don't enjoy Coca Cola, but that's beside the point. Again,... what do you suggest we do for these people? What CAN we do for these people and what do these people need to do to change the situation? Look at what happened here in the U.S. some 300 years ago. Look at what happened in France. Look at what happened in Egypt, in Czechoslovakia, Sicily and a number of other countries around the world. You think the oppressors will decide to simply stop abusing people one day, or did it take blood and guts to expel the oppressors? The only thing WE can do is stop using the products and vote for politicians that will do our bidding regarding foreign affairs. The rest is going to be up to them to fight for their lives. Don't make me out to be heartless or stupid. I'm neither. It's too easy to make someone out to be a bad guy/girl when these topics come up. How dare I say they'll have to sacrifice something to become free. In some countries the people have been oppressed for so long that they become used to their situation. It almost becomes part of their culture when they've never really known anything else. They give up and accept that this is just the way things are until it gets so bad that they can't take it anymore. That's when they rise up. More of them need to get more pissed off and organize. I honestly don't see any other way unless another country intervenes on their behalf.

edit on 20-12-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions
 



That's when they rise up. More of them need to get more pissed off and organize.




A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Florida accuses the Coca-Cola Company, its Colombian subsidiary and business affiliates of using paramilitary death squads to murder, torture, kidnap and threaten union leaders at the multinational soft drink manufacturer’s Colombian bottling plants.


Did you read the underlined part? How can they organize under constant threat of violence and death?

The next best thing would be to have governments forbid the sale of certain brands if they commit such heinous crimes.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


Actually, it is the ICBers who wind up with all the money. Corporations are by far and away, the biggest welfare queens.

Under the scam of the free market, U.S. tax payers are supposed to be on the hook for money handed out to the ICBs.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I already don't shop at VS because of their use of furs. Doesn't surprise me that a company that advocates the torture of animals, uses a partner that uses child labor.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine


I am part of the 99% who does, ermmmmm or should I say my husband when he wants to pretend he is buying a gift for me.


Oh, and by the way, my husbands income is $1250.00 a month SSDI before medicare is deducted. Try living on that!
edit on 17-12-2011 by supine because: add




Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by supine
 


I imagine it would be really hard work. Made worse by the jackass beating the poor girl.


I agree.

Oh! You were talking about the jackass in the article!


edit on 20-12-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by undo
 


Actually, it is the ICBers who wind up with all the money. Corporations are by far and away, the biggest welfare queens.

Under the scam of the free market, U.S. tax payers are supposed to be on the hook for money handed out to the ICBs.



my phone bill has 3 or 4 different taxes on it. and it's been that way since before 2008 and corporate welfare. it's like that beatles song about the tax man. it just gets worse and worse. the idea is to make it so the taxes are so outrageous, people will be literally screaming for full on communism. what you see is the result of communists coming here, many years ago, and setting up shop in all our universities, cranking out lawyers, judges and students with socialism on the brain. you and i are not old enough to decide for ourselves, we have to have huge government tell us what to think and what to eat, and what to do with our money.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


Does your phone bill mention the vast number of privileges that your phone company gets with all the easements and control of various frequencies? Do you recognize the special monopoly privileges they enjoy?

Of course they add taxes on top of what they told you your phone would cost. It allows them to falsely advertise their rates, and jack up your bill anytime they choose without any negotiation.

They don't include how much goes to executive compensation as a result of their monopolistic privileges now do they.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by undo
 


Does your phone bill mention the vast number of privileges that your phone company gets with all the easements and control of various frequencies? Do you recognize the special monopoly privileges they enjoy?

Of course they add taxes on top of what they told you your phone would cost. It allows them to falsely advertise their rates, and jack up your bill anytime they choose without any negotiation.

They don't include how much goes to executive compensation as a result of their monopolistic privileges now do they.



did you listen to the ats' radio show this week?
kim jong il, had a 1,000,000 dollar a year cognac appetite. that was just for his cognac.
don't let them fool ya, if we give in and become marxist, obama won't just be taking golfing trips while people starve in the street, he'll be developing 1,000,000 dollar a year appetites too. the elites get richer, everybody else gets poorer. BUT the good news is, you won't have to be envious of your neighbor anymore, cause he'll be as poor as you are.


class warfare can kiss my hiney
edit on 20-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


We are way; off topic here.

Slavery is wrong, no matter what label you put on it.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by 2manyquestions
 



That's when they rise up. More of them need to get more pissed off and organize.




A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Florida accuses the Coca-Cola Company, its Colombian subsidiary and business affiliates of using paramilitary death squads to murder, torture, kidnap and threaten union leaders at the multinational soft drink manufacturer’s Colombian bottling plants.


Did you read the underlined part? How can they organize under constant threat of violence and death?

The next best thing would be to have governments forbid the sale of certain brands if they commit such heinous crimes.


How can they organize under constant threat of violence and death? How did Americans organize under British rule? How did the French organize under the rule of their tyrannical monarchy? How did Czechoslovakia, Russia, Poland and Hungary organize under Communist rule? No oppressed people ever had it easy trying to organize, and none of these uprisings went by without the sacrifice of innocent lives. You have one group trying to control another group. The tyrant is not going to give up his power voluntarily, he has to be FORCED to give it up.

Sometimes this can be accomplished through political and democratic means, and many more times it has been done with physical violence, (civil) war, imprisonment and/or banishment. The way it's done is people get together, talk about the problem in secret or in the open, figure out who's on the tyrant's side, get a huge mob of people together, take the tyrant outside, hang him on a lamp post to serve as an example to all the other tyrants, and go from there. Just kidding about the lamp post,... but you get my drift. Both sides may end up with big loss of life, but the prize is freedom and the ability to rule yourself instead of living in constant fear.

Listen,... it is not our job to punish companies based in the U.S. for crimes they commit in other countries. As long as they are abiding by our laws within our borders, there's not much we can do. It's up to that country's legal system to create anti-slavery laws and banish/punish foreign companies who come in and break their laws. Once the company has been found guilty of a crime under their laws, they can prevent that company from opening shop within their borders when it comes to both production and sales. We can't police individuals who break laws on foreign soil unless we have an agreement with those foreign countries that would give us that jurisdiction.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions
 



How can they organize under constant threat of violence and death? How did Americans organize under British rule?


You cannot compare the two situations. What you are speaking of happened over 300 years ago. Now there are machine guns, bombs, cellphones, digital trackers...how do you want to speak out?

Sorry to say but you sound like you were a sheltered child. I'm done with this back- and forward, you do not put things in context you are just chatting ideological. Which is fine but do not bother serious people with it.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel
 



A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Florida accuses the Coca-Cola Company, its Colombian subsidiary and business affiliates of using paramilitary death squads to murder, torture, kidnap and threaten union leaders at the multinational soft drink manufacturer’s Colombian bottling plants.


And it is all subsidized with U.S. tax funds, or borrowed money spend to prop up the ICB empire.

colombiajournal.org...


Colombia has long been the most dangerous country in the world for trade unionists with almost 4,000 murdered in the past 15 years. Last year saw 128 labor leaders assassinated. Most of the killings have been attributed to right-wing paramilitaries belonging to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia.


A good example of how our children's future tax dollars are spent today.

A welfare program the republicans support, Corporate welfare.


edit on 22-12-2011 by poet1b because: unneeded word



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join