It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake base charts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I know Jeppensen make these airport charts for Groom only to pilots who fly into Groom Lake.
But is there a map of Groom base similar like the ones that Jeppesen uses for real flight navigation?

Thx.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm sure they exist, but are really hard to get. Basically a need to know basis.

Groom Lake has a "media day arrival", which I assume is a cruel joke since they will never have a media day. Note that the Groom aviation fixes are not published, but are reserved with the FAA. For instance, nobody can pick the fix SHOWW. The FAA does not have the coordinates.

The Tonopah Test Range started publishing their charts in the last year or so.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I want to archive these charts and so far I have TNX and DPG from Flightaware.

But do you know of anything that is close enough?
I checked on Lazygranch and Dreamlandresort pages but no luck.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

There are no FAA charts for Groom Lake, hence nothing to document. As far as I know, Nellis handles the ATC for their range and Vegas. That is the controllers are military. When you land at Groom, you are handed off to Groom approach on a frequency that is not published. About all you can document are the routes listed in flightaware.

As a reminder, all flights to Groom use the TTR (KTNX) as the destination. You can tell where they actually go based on altitude. Groom flights are lower. Groom flight generally have FIDOE in the routing, while flights to the TTR have TPH in the route.

Every once in a while the fly between Groom and the TTR. In that case, Groom is know as TKM.

top topics

join