It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Staff should start preparing for censored Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

If you need staff that know how to run shipboard equipment and have the experience doing it, I volunteer.

12 year US Navy vet and determined to keep my oath to support and defend the Constitution every day of my life.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Ship not such a good idea... they have these..

I would recommend you contact Roman Arkadyevich Abramovich. I hear he has some unused land in Chukotka, Russia... You would be safe there
A little cold maybe but meh.... in a pinch

edit on 18-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I guess I haven't told you about the cloaking device our own staffer, "TheRedneck", built for us out of an old chevy, a few microwave ovens, and a Cray computer www.cray.com...

Springer...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Um, I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to talk about that, nor the smuggled Roman candle IR flare launchers and party-popper radar chaff dispensers. Wait... did I just say that?

Hearkening back to the censorship thing, it's not surprising to see ham-fisted responses from the U.S. Congress to just about everything. Legislation is a notoriously blunt and haphazard instrument known for frequently causing more problems than it solves.

Politicians are being squeezed by content producers who are tired of seeing their work stolen and sold for profit by thieves, and there's big money and lobbying behind that. Unfortunately, the injured parties are often drawn to "solutions" that really won't solve anything. So far, most of them seem more geared to sponsoring employment for low-end lawyers in "lawsuit mills" and scorched-earth tactics than practical and reasonable methods for bringing fairness into the equation.

Meanwhile, the Internet is rife with entrepreneurs and "idealists" who see nothing wrong with people working hard and investing significant resources to produce quality intellectual property, only to see it ripped off and benefit others who never lifted a finger to make it. As long as that mentality is in play, something needs to be done about it.

The answers won't lie in legal frameworks that are typically impractical and obsolete before they are passed into law, but rather in the combined efforts of good people around the world to come up with solutions that are sensible, fair, and practical.

Law and technology won't solve everything. Ethics and honesty won't either, but the more of us who embrace them in good faith, the better off all of us will be.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmmm...not sure about the belief of ATS that taking the stands that they have (copyright) etc, will be enough in the long-run, given that TPTB keep expanding the 'NET' as well as making the holes SMALLER, so that more and more will be determined to be doing something ILLEGAL >>> CRIMINALS.

The SS ATS sounds great, but expect a satellite guided missile to crash the party, in due course.
edit on 18-12-2011 by SpaceJockey1 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
The SS ATS sounds great, but expect a satellite guided missile to crash the party, in due course.

Well we already have the ATS Thought Police

As to defense, heck that is easy... Indian Springs UAV control at Area 51 got hacked with a virus they couldn't shake and then Iran hacks a drones for themselves... So all we need to do is get some of those ATS hackers.... errrr 'computer experts' to take over the drones and no more hassles

I wonder if Gary McKinnon is still available?

I don't see an issue with this... since it was DARPA who created the net for us to use, get us addicted to it, and then we tell all our dirty little secrets on CIA operated Facebook...

So why worry?

edit on 18-12-2011 by zorgon because: Wasn't me... had to be those darn SPOOKS crawling all over the palce

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join