It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright light breaking up Fort Worth, TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I just came back from walking my dog, I live in Fort Worth, TX. It's a clear and cold morning and it was about 6:30 A.M. I was walking my dog when I noticed a really bright light, at first I thought it was an airplane coming in since DFW airport is only about 15 minutes away. But after a few seconds it started to get dimmer and eventually it disappeared.

When it first appeared I also noticed it was leaving a trail of smaller bright lights, I'm pretty sure it was just a meteor. But this is one of the biggest meteors I've ever seen. It was similar in size to the light of a commercial airliner that's flying low to the ground.

Anyone else in the Fort Worth area see it?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Dang, I was supposed to be up early, but didn't wake up until 8am. I wish I had seen it.

I have seen "falling stars" and "shooting stars" here before, I even heard the boom when the space shuttle broke up over Texas. ..the meteors I've seen, always had a color to them, green or blue usually.

Did it have a color, or was it white?
edit on 17-12-2011 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Bright meteors are actually surprisingly common, but there's a fair chance that someone else saw it. Check here for fireball reports. Good luck

new topics

join