It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM David Cameron says the UK is a Christian country

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

the moral callapse is down to the government. the 'Yobs' that run amuck these days are a product of poor parenting. their parents and teachers failed to discipline them when they did something wrong, why? because the government said that discipline was bad.

we dont need religion to teach us worals. i am 25 and am part of that morally dead generation, but i was disciplined, i didnt do as i was told because i wanted to please people i did what i was told because i didnt want a clip round the ear.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Embrace Jesus the Christ, and obey his commandments and love him.

Why should I obey him? What would obeying him do for me...? couldn't I just agree with his love thy neighbour, turn the other cheek stuff?

You will be changed.

I've had many, many life changing experiences and NONE of them have involved Jesus.

P.S.

I had ten years at religious schools.... so It's not like I have never experienced the brainwashing of which you speak.

As you desire to please him more and more what you were will fall away.

Uh huh..... can I not do that?
I know that the religion kind of likes all that.... but I'm pretty confident of my sexuality, I don't need to explore.

Thanks though

If you truly accept him and embrace the change is brings to your life. It does make you a better person. It would make everyone a better person.

No... no it really wouldn't.

If everyone just helped each other, looked after each other and respected each other... we would all be better.
We don't need Jesus or any other religious myth to tell us how to act and what to feel.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So its a "Christian nation" thats responsible for the invasion of every continent, suffering, repression, slavery and in some cases mass extermination in a goal to build a world empire.

Thats sad.

edit on 17-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Britain was made great by our rejection of religion. Anyone seriously saying Christianity made this country great is just not all there. You only have to look at true Christian nations and see there's little great about them!

If not for opposition and dismissal of nonsense Christianity we would be living a backwards existence, not to far removed from the type of "culture" and society we see in the Middle East and Africa

The only thing Christian about Britain in 2011 is the immigrants. But I bet those saying "Britain is a Christian country" are the same ones calling for the Christian immigrants to go back to where they came from. British Christians don't even like real Christians! British Christianity is nothing more than a dilution, made better by those who aren't religious and have had to bring the religion into the 21st century.

If British Christianity was an alcoholic beverage it would be a mild shandy.

Call-Me-Dave is just pretending to be a true Conservative who represents British values because he's worried the Tories will vote for UKIP

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
So its a "Christian nation" thats responsible for the invasion of every continent, suffering, repression, slavery and in some cases mass extermination in a goal to build a world empire.

Yep that's Christendom & most religions for you. Total hypocrisy.

They are not Christians, if they were they would simply refuse to kill their fellow man. First Century Christians refused military service as they refused political office. It is not until Centuries later that Christianity became polluted with secular and pagan beleif systems that fitted in with the Roman Empire - Enter Christendom in ALL it's bloody history of Crusades, Inquisitions, Corruption et al.

Blaming God though is futile.. This is man's doing by using religion for political ends and the religious leaders being only too happy to go along with it all... “A man’s own folly wrecks his life, and then he bears a grudge against the Lord.” (Proverbs 19:3, The New English Bible)

God bemoans the fact that mankind has not listened in the main to his guidance (Isaiah 48:18) . . ."O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea"

People have turned against religion because they see the hypocrisy and the bloodshed & wars that men have used it as a twisted excuse for....I'm minded very much of God's words in Jeremiah...(Jeremiah 7:24) . . ."But they did not listen, neither did they incline their ear, but they went walking in the counsels in the stubbornness of their bad heart, so that they became backward in direction and not forward"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Had to laugh at Richard Dawkins being interviewed on Sky News all outraged at Dave's comments going on about we don't need the Christian Bible to have moral values... Gosh we'd be stoning people to death for adultery.

Erm sorry Rich, that was under the Mosaic Law and even then there are plenty of examples where it wasn't carried out because God was merciful and forgave it. eg David & Bathsheba. Jesus fulfilled the Law with all it's sacrifices.....and instead gave us a new law as Christians based on love and treating our fellow humans as ourselves. Britain isn't like that at all - it's materialistic and sans spirituality in the main ......and actually hasn't been a very loving place for a very long time.

Even though I am a Christian......I'm sure though that there are Atheists who are probably kinder and better human beings in Britain as elsewhere to some of those who profess a beleif in God.

edit on 17-12-2011 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The UK is a muslim majority country these days if you take into account those that say they are christian but do not practice. I can't wait for the day that it doesn't matter what religion you believe in, as nobody will care.

UK a 'Muslim majority' country - Possibly what you might be trying to say here is that most christened/baptised christians are driven to secularism in our community whereas many Islamic believers are much more dedicated to their faith.

However this must NOT be confused with any ideal that they are more 'Extreme' or any other terrorist propaganda or scapegoat. The fact that must be remembered is that religion is a choice! Anyone, white, black, asian, w/e, could decide to follow any religion regardless of background, this is a freethinking forum, not a BNP or an EDL rally point, it doesn't matter what religion you are, if any! it has no relativity to your life whatsoever it todays community, you willl not be burnt at the stake, called a heretic or excommunicated, however, the reasoning behind a government following a religious sect, its merely to establish the base beliefs these faiths brought, i.e. the 10 commandments in which most laws have built around today. In a society where people are unruly, unhappy and open minded, there needs to be a system, albeit a 2000-year old book of controversy, doesnt mean anything will change, you wont get in "trouble" for not "toeing the line" TPTB need something to fall back on and say "hey, you better do it, it says so in the bible" if people do not fear the punishment the government will put forward when these rules are broken, they look to instill fear as has been done since the beginning of time with our little friend the devil. If people are indoctrinated from a young age into believing that if you break the rules you will not only be punished in this realm but the next, with some of the most blood curdling manners, some people start to buckle up. Untill 2150 we are still in the age of Pisces, which if you have delved deep enough relates to the "diety" if you will that will be the central figure to how people should live, so yes, Christianity, with its Pisces symbolism in our age will be pushed as a belief system no matter how much it has been disproved, debunked or cast off, for no other reason that TPTB want it that way, especially t=for our current age.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by browsey

i think he was trying to say that there are more foriegn people living in britain than british people

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I really don't understand the hooha.
He's not the first in Government to do this nor will he be the last. Remember most people in Politics, especially Tories don't actually live in the real world or indeed in the now and like to harken back to a rose tinted vision of the past.

What exactly is he getting at? Well he goes on about his plans of community, he has encouraged the Church of England to stick up for themselves and grow a backbone (Somewhat hypocritical we know in light of telling the Archbishop to get his nose out of the nations politics not too long back). Yet again he's advocating the institution of marriage and family values by hinting at tax breaks.

Regardless of how muslim or Godless people think Britain is now, or how pagan it was millennia ago the fact remains that in between this was a Christian nation and to a massive extent still is without counting all the Jedi's and Sith Lords of course.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yay jedis

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join