It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihad Las Vegas: True Homeland Insecurity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Southern Nevada law enforcement leaders are upset that federal officials did not share allegations with them about a terrorist sleeper cell in Detroit. The story related a government informant's testimony indicating terrorists with video footage of the MGM Grand wanted to destroy Las Vegas.

Story Link

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
that city is Las Vegas. What city is more sinful then that?
Currently that is. I don't want to hear Sodom and/or Gomorra. By the way, can anyone tell me where the origional Sin City was? I give you a hint. It is in America, and it's name resembles another city in America's Southwest. Anyone????

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I also think that many Islamic extremists would see Las Vegas as a symbol of Western capitalism, sin, decadence and corruption � and would likely target it for a terrorist attack.

I watched a program about the British Muslim boxer Price Nazeem Hamad�s world championship fight against Marco Antonio Berrera in Las Vegas. Nazeem�s business manager / brother was commenting that Las Vegas is a disgusting place that is full of sin. He then commented that as devout Muslim�s they all pray five times a day. It seems a bit hypocritical that Nazeem took the Vegas fight for the millions of U.S. dollars, stayed in a $2,000 a night luxury suite atop one of the new Vegas hotels and complains about all the Western decadence.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
He makes me laugh because he is so ridiculous and obnoxious. Yet when it comes down to it, I think he is an alright guy. At least he can admit the facts that his opponent was worthy and able to defeat him. Many boxers make exuses for their losses, Hamad doesn't. He is honest. That shows character and strength. Personally I like him. Yeah he puts a false name upon Islam, but who doesn't????

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well why make excuses if you do you will just be ridiculed forever for em. Plus you get many fans like u who like him cause of his humility

top topics

join