It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Observations and my Philosophy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
People nowadays are faker than the genetically engineered additive filled food they eat, the manipulated news they are shown, the lies their ancestors were forced to call truth, and the synthetic and prescription drugs they do. Think you have a true friend? Think again. Think God will save you after watching all those starving kids die daily? Stop kidding yourself. Think the government will help you out? Unless you've got a billion and some connections, don't expect anything but crumbs off the table. They'd kill you for the money in your pocket if they could. Same goes for most of the people raised by these lies with a false sense of security.

The only thing a sane man can believe in is himself. I used to think of humanism as a bad philosophy. But how is humanism any worse than the Abrahamic religions? Humans assume the role of gods all the time. Even in countries that give lip service to their 'lords' they still have to make decisions, they still have courts that judge people. We assume the role of gods all the time, with no foreseeable end. All religion has done is limit growth and stunt human progress. Some religious leaders have been good, and some have been bad (same goes for average followers of religions). Which means that despite their chosen (more likely chosen for them) idol, they are still morally varied, guided by themselves and not god.

There are important themes in religious approaches to science that should be considered, such as examining the potential problems with technological progress and urging caution when dealing with new powers. But overall religion has not created a better society or even a fully working one. The governments are just the new groups assuming power. In the past century, when removing god by force from society, communist countries and dictatorships simply substituted themselves as the god of the people. The secular governments are no better to trust than the religious ones. They are simply a more advanced version of an ancient system, all the more dangerous because of their embrace of the new powers they have gained.

People are a product of these systems. They still pray to the gods of their ancestors conquerors and fight and die for the power of the rulers of the country that they were born in. Whether the rulers are religious zealots, kings, or billionaire owners of corporations is irrelevant. The average young person in many places is now ignorant, mentally weak, incapable of any advanced thinking, disrespectful, selfish, and foolish.

I have slowly realized all of these things, with a little help from research and questioning, over the last five years. I have come to the conclusion that the only realistic practical philosophy in this environment is to reserve trust and belief for yourself and a very select few others. Play dumb, be smart. These are the rules of success in todays game. Once you achieve your goals, then you can begin to see the changes in others attitudes. They will become even faker. Don't trust them, stay with your original circle. Its a mad world out there. I think in my lifetime it will get worse before it gets better. Humanity is sick. Sometime in the next century we may break the fever, so to speak. I just want to be ready.
edit on 17-12-2011 by time91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Whos hurt you? To make you feel like this

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

If it was someone specific, or even many people, I would have recognized it for what it was. But I have seen many others betrayed over the years, and even those I count as friends who have never wronged me, I do not trust, because I've seen what humans are capable of. Obviously you get enough time and you consider why things are the way they are and come to certain conclusions. I would like to think I'm not so naive as to how individual experience changes individual perception as you might suppose, or that I'm not aware of its action and account for it.. I think humanity may be entering something like its teen years. Where we need to lose faith in god (or to a child our parents) to realize our own potential, before developing a more realistic picture of things. If you really want to do some sort of psychoanalysis to satisfy your own quickly arrived at conclusions about me I guess thats okay, although doing so here, was not my intention.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

I think you are very wise, you have woken up to the fact that everyone is mad. To begin with in this life i thought i was mad and bad because i could not trust anyone, i thought it was my failing, my problem to solve. The problem stops when you see finally that there is nothing wrong here, but a lot wrong with the madness of the world and people.
That is why you must look to yourself for truth and love. You are what you seek. When we can totally trust and know ourselves it does not matter how mad everything else is because we know real stability.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

when u can reach to realize a clear sentence that include objective perspective reasonably as enough justified being objective right, u r effectively proving being absolutely sane subject one mind, then if that sentence expression of ur mind clarity is meaning that all is wrong, u r more then sane value, bc sane is normal, how could u b normal when all is wrong, even if according to u, it is still an absolute fact when all and any in truth conception is same, so u r superior for sure in moral value which prove that truth is freedom superiority and u morally is a free absolute existing fact that cant be recognized but through the conception of rights

so u r free absolute right

which also a minor point that prove truth absolute superiority, how what is superior is free right so out of everything so nothing to everything but free right mean that everything recognize its existence and nothing do not mess with in meaning nothing superiority to

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are good people. They do exist. I didn't believe that for decades myself - especially being immersed within the commercial music industry for most of that time - but once I walked away from that world, I started slowly meeting authentic and honest people. Some I agreed with, and many I really didn't agree with, but I never let that affect my view of their inherent moral anchor. I'm a devote progressive, and yet there are deeply devoted conservatives that I'd trust with my life. Not because they agree with me, but because I know how honorable and innately good they are behind their views of what I believe to be true.

Now that you know the truth about how horrific a socially, professionally functional human being can be, it may be time to look past that stark revelation for others, who, like you, have discovered exactly what you've discovered, and are equally dismayed at what causes you distress. They're out there, and just as wary as you are.

Keep in mind that you may not agree with their world views. In fact, you may believe that their honestly held truths are anathema to your own view of what must emerge as a cultural foundation if humanity is to ever survive (that is if you've developed a strident ideological viewpoint of your own yet). The chances of finding someone you agree with 100% concerning all aspects of what you may feel is important, that you can actually trust, is pretty remote. Still, just knowing that such good and decent people do exist will make each day a little easier to get through.

There are 7 billion people on this planet. All have varying levels of self-interest. From predatory to symbiotic, they survive from day to day in the only ways they feel equipped to manage that effort. No one - not even you - is pure when it comes to selfishness, but that doesn't mean that they're overtly predatory. No one is selfless. You aren't, and yet you aren't out prowling for victims either. The rest of the human race breaks down on both sides of you - worse and better.

I hope you find your people, but be prepared to not immediately recognize them when you do.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Im not trying to judge you. I am sorry your experiencing this. But cutting yourself off from the world is not the answer. You are unique and sometimes you need to experience certain things to grow. This might be it. Just dont be engulfed by negativity. I was there, now im not. And i can tell you i thought i was happy, and had no need to change. But i did and i now know what happiness really is. Dont let the negative people hang around, but dont ahut out the opportunity for good ones to enter your life. Hope you find someone.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Some of the only people I do trust, are the ones who have very different views than me. I understand what you're saying, and I try not to judge people on their views as much as how they arrived at those views and what their actions show.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

I am not cutting myself off from the world nor all others nor did I put that in my OP. Its called exercising caution with others and focusing on improving myself and my own situation without having to deal with many others who are of a questionable nature. If you disagree then good for you, but the fact is you may turn out to be more deluded in the long run than you believe I am now.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OP, you're correct to think for yourself and ditch dogma. And it's important to see things for how they really are. But your world is a mirror and whatever lens you choose to look through will manifest through it and confirm the programming (lens) you've chosen.

If the world is not to be trusted, that is a reflection and it is worth exploring.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

If you are my friend, I am the most trustworthy person you will ever come across. If not, I'm about average. I am aware of the cognitive bias everyone has, and have had to change many of my views when confronted with evidence I could not deny.
I remember a quote, something like "A man showing his philosophy unwittingly reveals parts of his character." I think that can be true, but to very different degrees for different people.

new topics

top topics

join