It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1920's - What The Future Will Look Like

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I came across this video and thought id share it i found itinteresting...
The future as they saw it in the 1920's. Followed with predictions from the 1930's.
1920s roaring twenties future predict predictions fashion, jazz age, flappers,and the robot invention
I wonder, if 80 years from now our great grandchildren will find our predictions as silly as some of these...Some of the fashions reminds me of Lady Gaga's outfits.. Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the bumps and stars but someone must have something to say
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Awesome stuff!! Unless one knows some insider info, one can only imagine the future as a more advanced version of their own time.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
Awesome stuff!! Unless one knows some insider info, one can only imagine the future as a more advanced version of their own time.

I think our future will be allot more advanced then they ever dreamed of ..Look how far we have already come since the 1920's ..What we have now would be mind blowing to that era..thanks for posting..sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Cool.

Its funny how things never work out the way we want. We should be flying around now etc!

Ive got a book from the 70's that paints a similar picture to whats shown here. And thats only 40 years ago! ...and none of it has really happend.

But maybe in another 40 years...

eee.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by lampsalot

I think our future will be allot more advanced then they ever dreamed of ..Look how far we have already come since the 1920's ..What we have now would be mind blowing to that era..thanks for posting..sugarcookie1

I just hope that beauty doesn't die in the future. I find the industrial, sterile depictions of the future that are so ubiquitous depressing.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Ursula Southeil. English soothsayer.

Born 1488. Died.1561.

"Carriages without horses shall go,
And accidents fill the world with woe.
Around the world thoughts shall fly
In the twinkling of an eye.
The world upside down shall be
And gold be found at the root of a tree.
Through hills man shall ride,
And no horse be at his side.
Under water men shall walk,
Shall ride, shall sleep, shall talk.
In the air men shall be seen,
In white, in black, in green;
Iron in the water shall float,
As easily as a wooden boat.
Gold shall be found and shown
In a land that's now not known.
Fire and water shall wonders do,
England shall at last admit a foe.
The world to an end shall come,

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Wow, what they thought guys would be wearing in the future....Way wrong.

The were pretty accurate about boats being streamlined though.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Cool.

Its funny how things never work out the way we want. We should be flying around now etc!

Ive got a book from the 70's that paints a similar picture to whats shown here. And thats only 40 years ago! ...and none of it has really happend.

But maybe in another 40 years...

eee.

I think our future cars will be able to fly the skys ..If you think about it these thoughts on the future wasn't that long ago sure makes one wonder..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
surprising how much was accurate though, and the suspension bridege apartments are an interesting idea, most of the future city stuff though would be too hard to get emergency services to and maintenance e.t.c.

Most of it would just be too hard to keep safe.

"And candies for cuties" lmao!

edit on 17-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

I agree with you there..But i have a feeling sterile depictions will be the future but i hope not..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Thanks for posting that piece of info now i find that very interesting and so close to the truth ..I will have to look this person up Ursula Southeil i had no idea about that soothsayer..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Wow, what they thought guys would be wearing in the future....Way wrong.

The were pretty accurate about boats being streamlined though.

They were way off on what men would wearing in the future..I was surprised when they showed the boats being so stream lined so they got something right..thanks for posting,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
surprising how much was accurate though, and the suspension bridege apartments are an interesting idea, most of the future city stuff though would be too hard to get emergency services to and maintenance e.t.c.

Most of it would just be too hard to keep safe.

"And candies for cuties" lmao!

edit on 17-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

Candies for cuties that was great
I thought the suspension bridge apartments was a neat idea ..But they went thinking about (Terrorists) and emergency services back then ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Oh swish !

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

We could be flying around now in cool futuristic cities, think of the fifth element if you have seen the film. It is not technology that is hindering us in achieving this, as we already have much of it... it is simply the lack of will to implement these technologies on a large scale imo.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
During the Twenties they didn't foresee the future in going through the depression, Pearl Harbor, multiple wars, 9/11, corrupt governments. The people then were basically sold for the roar of the twenties. At that time there was so many great inventions and growth in almost every industry that they didn't have time to think of the horrible tragedies that Americans would have to endure. We were the new hot kid on the block because...

americasbesthistory.com...

WE kicked arse back then...WE were growth and prosperity. Now WE struggle to get by and are kicked around like imbeciles. When can this change back to the ideas beyond the next Iphone, some new hot bop celebrity, or some new youtube sensation that wont mean sh*t in 3 months when replaced by another new hot top youtube video?

I absolutely love the growth of entertainment and technology but doesn't it seem so fake now and days that it shouldn't even be worth it?

WE should be more worried about the direction America is going. Not who the next 16 year old pregnant girl who will be publicly humiliated and be on 16 and pregnant?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think the suspension-bridge apartments could possibly be a bit haphazard, as well as slightly noisy. I did like the cruise ship, although it didn't look like it had too much deck space. I think that one thing that most don't consider when making predictions for the future is the cost of such developments and advancements.

Just think of how much more advanced we would be now if the money and resources were there for all of the ideas we know will work, but either need a bit more work, or just need to be produced. I think futurists also forget that the things that get produced are the things that make the most profits.

I am sure there are business people who would love to keep us from advancing if it means they would make a lot more money, and technology usually does make things more expensive in terms of research and development, yet also cheaper for the consumer. That can be a hard thing to work out if you are in the business of making money off of the misfortune of others, as is how big money is regularly made.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
ooh they were close with stream lining of the ships

if i could look forward, i think we will become more relaxing in lifestyle and have more of an enviromental construction and power.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I remember a prediction that went something like "Men will stand on opposite shores of the ocean and talk to each other with speaking stones". If you were in the 15th century and saw a person in the future talking on a cell phone that's about what it would look like. I think I saw this on Discovery or the History channel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join