It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so I'm not the most ...person.... in the world... anyway here but here is the (unaired) pulled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Anyway I want to ask you ATS ......... does America "want" to see Muslims in a bad light? Do I want to see Muslims in a bad light?

I'd like to see Americans being portrayed in a good light instead of companies and our government pandering to certain groups among us.

I have many Muslim friends, and like any other American, being pandered to is just as offensive to them as it is to me being a Hispanic immigrant.
edit on 17-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by WhoDat09

I think the real issue is criminal groups (like mafias) that also happen to be muslim and sharia law,... at least the more extreme aspects of it anyway.

To hate all muslims because of this is to hate all Americans because of redneck hillbillies, or republicans.

The media and PTB have done so much damage to peoples minds it really is quite sad.

And the damage unfortunately has touched you too. As if rednecks,hillbillies or republicans as a whole are bad people.

Do you not see the stupidity in your comment at all?

You say the media have programmed people and yet, you fell for the programming hook,line and sinker.

tsk,tsk tsk and double tsk.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Reminded me of the banned commercial of the VW Polo

Disturbing that they even considered it..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
This isn't an actual commercial, it is a parody filmed by comedic actors (they were both on the NBC show Outsourced).

Good catch but it doesn't take away from the narrative and discussion that the OP has opened up. Will contemplate more though and be back.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I see a problem when a decent group of people are attacked an demonized by another group of people who are attack and demonized by another group that they idolize even though that said group despises and killed the former's savior.

Something stinks in Denmark my friends and it aint the Limberger

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
First to answer the OP's question, speaking for myself as a typical American who considers herself no better or worse than anyone else, no I do not want to see Muslims portrayed negatively nor do I so easily accept the propaganda that's been historically forced down our throats. The bottom line is that polarization of the masses is a control mechanism that has been used by governments,"special interest" groups, etc., since the beginning of civilization. It's what makes brother turn against brother (metophorically) and, unfortunately, it's been a particularly successful form of warfare.

What does it say about us, as a society, that so many would be so easily brainwashed into believing that any particular group (whether it be religious, cultural, political or national based) can be stereotyped as either good or bad? As most of you have said, there are good and bad apples in every bunch, including the great big bunch WE ALL belong to - the human race - and as long as we allow ourselves to be scared into accepting these strategically created stereotypes without educating ourselves and realizing who the true puppet masters are, we are destined to remain a polarized society largely controlled by those we allow to pull our strings.

I compliment everyone on their honest responses because it's this type of dialogue that opens the eyes of those who have unintentionally drank the cool aid.

edit on 2/26/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join