It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents Returning Home---Find Their Homes Have Been Torn Down!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Without any warning....residents returning to their homes at the end of the day found demolition crews had come in and torn down their homes while they were at work. About 20 mobile homes were demolished and residents still have not been given any explanation for it.

By Friday evening, about 20 mobile homes, some complete with furniture and kitchen items, were destroyed or partially torn down in the two parks, which are directly across U.S. 17/92 from Winter Haven Airport.

The Kuypers and fellow resident Trina Smith said the demolition began without warning and has unnerved them.

www.theledger.com...

This article states that the homes were "abandoned", but other news reports show upset residents and statements from people who were living in those homes.

What is the real story here? An excuse for "urban renewal"?
edit on 12/16/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All Caps

edit on 12/16/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--EXE Tags for external content

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Probably making room for a FEMA internment/re-education camp.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Yep...I can see them as thinking of it as urban renewal. Thing is, many folk think of those who live in Manufactured housing as trash. It lowers property values they say. And to be truthful...they do. The real estate game is rigged.

Most towns and counties have ordinances agaist them nowadays. I know of many places here in the states where even if you own rural land, away from everybody else, you still cannot put one on your property.

The industry is fighting a uphill battle. But at least they are fighting it.

Being a vet, I can get a home loan...zero down with little problem. (I ain't a idiot so you won't see me doing that), but if I have property and can put a manufactured house on it, the VA requires 20% down. Something isn't right about that.

Mobile home parks oft times not the best place to live as many who live there have a limited or no income, but there are great retirement communities that are Mobile home parks as well. They are usually well maintained with a staff to keep it that way.

These people are just victims due to others negligence.

I'm wondering did they recieve any notice of the foreclosure?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I see a federal lawsuit.

Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV)

Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV)Due Process Clause

Its Due Process Clause prohibits state and local governments from depriving persons of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken to ensure fairness.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
let someone come TRY to tear down my mobile home...
I think my fake claymore mine, airsoft m4 and other 'props' will cause them to pause lol

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Man what if any of those homes had pets in them? I hope they didn't. On another note I hope it happens to the park I am currently living in, they deserve it, but I hope they wait till I get out (this month coming up Thank you Lord!) I jsut would be thrilled if it happened to this place...the dirt trollups who run this place should be drawn and quartered afterwards too!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Alethea

Man what if any of those homes had pets in them? I hope they didn't. On another note I hope it happens to the park I am currently living in, they deserve it, but I hope they wait till I get out (this month coming up Thank you Lord!) I jsut would be thrilled if it happened to this place...the dirt trollups who run this place should be drawn and quartered afterwards too!!!

Why are you so hateful?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I would think that they would check out if there were pets first. But in todays day and age......

Good luck in your new abode and I hope you find peace again.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I see a federal lawsuit.

Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV)

Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV)Due Process Clause

Its Due Process Clause prohibits state and local governments from depriving persons of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken to ensure fairness.

It's a bank, not a government that's doing this. The park was foreclosed upon, and the bank, as the owner of the property, apparently doesn't feel like running a trailer park. It's a crappy thing to do to these people, but it has nothing to do with the 4th or 14th Amendments.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Alethea

Why are you so hateful?

???????? Thats a Joke right? Unless you live in the same park as her there is nothing in there that is hateful!!

I hope that they take action on this, I read an article on MSN about a guy who moved into an abandoned home and now "owns it" without paying for it. They have every right to fight for what is theirs.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I would think that they would check out if there were pets first. But in todays day and age......

Actually...I'd think they should check for PEOPLE first...then pets. This is a really big lawsuit just looking for a court to appear in...unless we are totally missing something here.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Well, I'm sure they would announce their presence before they leveled the place. Animals don't always answer.

I'm actually amazed that no one came out blazing myself.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by webpirate

Well, I'm sure they would announce their presence before they leveled the place.

I'm actually amazed that no one came out blazing myself.

Residents quoted in the article say there was no notice at all. They just came home to find all their possessions in a heap of ruble and debris.

Even if a lawsuit is possible...it does not solve the immediate problem of....where do these people go in the meantime? They don't even have a fresh change of clothes now or a toothbrush.

They were poor, yes, but what little things they may have had of value...photos of loved ones, etc. are all destroyed. Like a mini-Katrina.

Put yourself in their shoes. You go to work one day and return home at end of day to find your life has been wiped away.

Why did no one come out "blazing" you say? Maybe the construction crew had "bouncers" on hand to prevent that. Or maybe no one was home during the day. Or maybe they were just demolishing the trailers where no one was home---for now. Maybe the will demolish the others when someone goes out later. Idk.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

It's a bank, not a government that's doing this.

Let's start at the bottom and work our way up, shall we?
Was the park owner notified? Did the park owner have a responsibility to notify tenants?
Were propane tanks in use there? Was anyone alerted of any dangers of this demolition? How should residents have been notified? Should utility services have been notified and should they have also alerted residents? What were their responsibilities in this?

And what about the demolition company? Were these local people or an "out of town" company? Were local people hired to do this? Could the workers not see from the evidence that these homes were being inhabited? Is the blood on their hands, too? Should they not have stopped and refused such work upon realizing this?

Many of these "little people" are just as responsible for this as any illusive banking institution. These are your own neighbors doing this to you. Without any feeling or remorse.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is a link to a video showing the area.
www.cfnews13.com...://static.baynews9.com/newsvideo/bn9/web_video/web_winterhaven_mobile_teardown_12_15.f4v

Some of the comments (on the news review pages) that have been made to these people are so hateful. I cannot understand why people have such a lack of feeling for those who live in such oppressive situations. The ugly comments toward these people are very upsetting.

I did find one comment that seems to tell of things to come. One person said that some company has been taking soil samples in his area and he thinks something sinister is going on in his area. It was on the comments page.

I also wonder if any of this has been contrived in implementing the Agenda 21 plans?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I guess your lack of reading comprehension allowed you miss where I was responding to his comment about the government doing this to them, which they aren't. Also, the "owner" of the property was apparently always the bank, since they were the ones that foreclosed on it. It wouldn't have belonged to the individual, who kept a perpetual unhealthy environment going at the park, until he paid off the loan. Which he obviously couldn't, or wouldn't, do since he had foreclosure notices before.

I never said this wasn't a crappy thing to do to these people. Oh wait, I did say this was crappy thing to do.

Let's start with reading before posting, shall we?

/TOA

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Because the idiotic owner carries on all the same things the aforementioned "owner" in the article did and this was done because of those practices, the very same practices they are doing in this park. They are slumlords, and the worst kind, the only difference is we pay our electric and the park is stealing my electric, but just try proving they are stealing my electric, it's a no win worthless cause even though you can clearly see my meter run whilst my main breaker is shut down.

edit on 19-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarify

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank you, I can't wait to get out of here. Not just me, but everybody that has a spiritual connection says this place is like a negative life sucking vortex of negativity. It's like a psychic vampire but it's not a person it's the area....it's hard to explain, and I think it has to do with the satanic bloodline that runs the park.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think that bloodline is running world wide right now. But you have to fight the negative with the positive. Always fight the good fight and know that you are true, to yourself and others. Never give up.

new topics

top topics

join