It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Spiral thread series MAY have predicted new Russian technology claiming missiles invulnerable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
if you sprayed a liquid metal from the missle as it spiraled is there any way that the liquid metal mist could react in the upperatmosphere to prevent interception? Thats all i can think of.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

I have no idea if the above is even remotely possible, however the Bulava

... carries a warhead shielded against both physical and Electromagnetic pulse damage. The Bulava is designed to be capable of surviving a nuclear blast at a minimum distance of 500 meters.

What sort of physical shielding e.g. outer casing material would be required to allow a missile to come within 500 metres of a nuclear detonation and still continue to functional normally ? and how heavy would that have to be ?
What about withstanding a "physical" pulse ?

The above sounds like something a little bit more advanced then just a thicker skin on the missile.
edit on 17/12/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
as stated by another poster this phenomenon wasnt limited only to norway. And at that altitude anything sprayed or ejected would not maintain a perfect camera iris opening effect due to extreme wind shear.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Please.

You were not the only one to speculate about countermeasures.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the idea that the spiral was related to countermeasures is still nothing but speculation.

Jeez, showing true colors?

What did the OP do to deserve this please from you.

What´s the matter Phage, you and your posse not getting enough credit?

OP never said noone ever mentioned it, and he is right in saying that the common belief was that it was a Bulava missile failure that caused the spiral.

This is about the OP´s own threads, in wich he came to that conclusion, without the help of you and your friends, and now you expect him to somehow credit you for also aluding to the same thing in his threads?

Get a life man, that´s creepy.
edit on 17-12-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

And the idea that the spiral was related to countermeasures is still nothing but speculation.

Sure, but given the Russians "statement" of shielding technology ... it would border on idiocity to ignore this.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Look, if you're SO adamant in your belief that the 3rd stage malfunctioned with a fuel leak, then I would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to show from a physics point of view EXACTLY how a "full on" spiral effect could be produced by a missile crossing the observers view from right to left.

I'm not adamant about the failure mode. I'm not adamant that the spiral was the result of the failure. All we were told is that the payload did not reach its target. We don't know what the failure mode was exactly.

Yes, you took a lot of time working on your analysis but as I said within one of those threads, there is a flaw. You have only a general location for the cameras. The true trajectory of the missile cannot be accurately determined without knowing with much better precision the true locations of the cameras used and better representations of the terrain. Only one of the camera locations you used in your analysis can be determined with any definite accuracy, that of the pier at Skjervoy. You don't know the true location of the other cameras. At Tromso you use the Arctic Cathedral as a reference and somewhat arbitrarily set the camera location. You do the same with the rest, using distant mountains as seen in Google Earth. I know that I cannot accurately determine the location my home by looking at mountain silhouettes in Google Earth and comparing them to what I see outside. Depending on the distance of the landmarks to the camera, a significant change in the camera location would not change the apparent silhouette of the mountains but it would change the azimuth your triangulation points and thus affect your plotted trajectory.

This video models how the spiral effect would still be observed at an oblique angle.

edit on 12/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

The Russians made no statement of "shielding technology".

"New missile systems of RVSN will be equipped with highly effective maneuverable and guided warheads and more advanced means able to overpower missile defense shields. All this allows us to confidently forecast the Russian strategic nuclear forces' ability to maintain the country's security no matter what scenario the international situation follows," Karakayev said.

globalresearch.ca...

If you think that the spiral represents "more advanced means", do you think it makes sense to test those means in full view of NATO? It wouldn't be much of a secret then, would it? That would make it much easier to work on counter-countermeasures, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As per your video, are we to assume that-
the blueish trace is the exhaust that was supposed to be dispelled/seen.
the whitish trace is the result of the malfunction/leak?

Im just trying to orient my view so it makes sense.

I will admit though that it is peculiar the design looks so aesthetic and pleasing considering the exhaust was more than likely experiencing a lot of turbulence in the form of more exhaust and wind.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Interesting for sure. Lets just hope that missile never gets active for the US's sake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join