It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiders Scream??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
spider

Maybe this will help.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I've never heard them scream in a fire, but I do know that when ants are being burned they scream and sometimes even pop. It's a very similar thing to making popcorn. When heated the water inside boils and eventually the pressure becomes great enough for whatever it is, be it a corn kernal or ant, to burst. As for it being squished and screaming, I really have no idea.

This makes the most sence as for the fire theory. When you burn wood it some times makes a screeming like sound... I would assume when it comes from a living thing, it might be natural to think the creature is purposly making the sound...

But this does not explain the smashing...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
spider

Maybe this will help.

possibly an orgasm??? trying to be serious (but also funny)

squeaking to tell the male what to do??? you can just imagine it: *squeak*"Wrong hole dumbass!!!"*squeak*

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
jeez i hate spiders....

brown recluse spiders = why i live in the city.

don't say anything about roaches, rats and whatnot, i saw a picture of a recluse bite, im stayin right here.

lol

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
spider

Maybe this will help.

No, they dont scream. From the same article:

To produce the squeaking sounds, females scrape a part of their "pedipalp"—a leg-like appendage located near their mouths—against the file-like surface of their fangs, or "chelicera."

Thats not screaming. Thats rubbing two things against each other.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
the thought of a screaming spider makes me laugh.
"lookout hes got a shoe!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" lmao

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LL1

I've been to Iraq and Camel Spiders are not what every one makes them out to be. They are however aggressive. that picture that has been circulating the net is an illusion.Compare the Spider size to that guys sleeve.They can jump pretty high cuz I witnessed one chase my friend onto his M1A1 Tank. And when they chase you they are not attacking you like alot of people think. Its 130 degrees out there. Friggin hot. They chase after you so they can get in your shadow to cool off. Not to attack you. From what I've heard there bites are not painfulbecause when they bite they pretty much numb the area up and drink your bodily fluids. But they are not the monsters people seem to think they are.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen what a brown recluse spider bite can do to you????????????????????????????

I'm going to have nightmares after watching the thumb bite that you see if you search for brown recluse spider. I would rather die!!!

What would you choose, get bitten and die a few minutes later. Or get bitten and then just wait for your flesh to rot away so you can see your skeleton!!! So horribleT_T

[edit on 5-10-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen what a brown recluse spider bite can do to you????????????????????????????

I'm going to have nightmares after watching the thumb bite that you see if you search for brown recluse spider. I would rather die!!!

What would you choose, get bitten and die a few minutes later. Or get bitten and then just wait for your flesh to rot away so you can see your skeleton!!! So horribleT_T

[edit on 5-10-2007 by ZikhaN]

Indeed...I saw a pic years ago with a bite on someone's thumb... *shutter*.

Thank the Goddess that I don't live down in a more southern area where those freaky things live. There are only black widow spiders around here...apparently, I've never seen one, and from what I've read they tend to stay outside, luckily.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
its quite cruel to be killing spiders, so dont go around killing them to see if they scream. I must admit they do give me the heebeegeebees and the thought of a spider chasing me to stand in my shadow is my idea of absolute terror the only scream you would hear would be mine, a 27 year old man shrieking like a little girl. And that picture of the camel spider is an illusion its about 4 or 5 inches tops spiders can only get to a certian size due to having no lungs there is a limit to their size and thank god because if i saw i spider the size of a cow, i'd probably top myself

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
SPIDERS: A Disjointed Diatribe
by Trask

I hate spiders. Reading this made me pick my feet up off the floor. I ABSOLUTELY refused to open any of the links in this thread. Shame on you people. BAD! There are far too many people that I wanted to quote here; you'll know who you are.

Spiders are icky, nasty, scary, evil EVIL things. I hate them. I have tried to get over my fear of them and it has been denied repeatedly by their malicious actions. Like what you say? Ever notice that if you get to close to some spiders, they kind of rear up and reach out their two front legs as if to attack? It's because they GO FOR THE EYES. They want to suck the juice right out of your eyeballs, and while you're writhing in pain, lay their nasty little spider eggs, preferably in your brain. Don't kill a spider of the first try and it gets away? I hope you mortally wounded him my friend, and before he got to his little spider friends, too. If he is still ambulatory, he will return with his friends to finish you off. ("Yeah, that's him, right there!!!") IN YOUR SLEEP. The little spider paratroopers that drop from above? Are you aware that they have the suicide elites whose sole purpose is to drop in your open mouth while you're sleeping? Evil EVIL things, I tell you.

I am all about killing them from a distance. I am not letting those little buggers get anywhere near my orbital sockets. Aerosol flammables and a lighter (kill a spider AND a pleasing scent? win-win!), improvised projectiles (shoes, softballs, fruit, cats, etc), glue from above, or someone else. The problem with killing them with a proxy is you never know if they truly killed the spider in question. They could be lying to you because they were robbed of a kill and humiliated, frightened away and humiliated, didn't bother and don't want to hear anymore of it, or -GOD FORBID - one of their sympathizers or even worse *gasp* agents.

Proper disposal is a MUST. If you vacuum the little suckers, they can crawl back out and, coughing and dusty, look for you so as to exact their revenge. Flushing is good. If you crush it with a napkin/tissue/paper towel/whatnot, sealing the offending spider and it's shroud in a ziplock bag is not a foolproof method. God forbid he chews his way out to limp back and get you. No. My preferred method is to flush them. And then flush again for good measure. If you don't flush them, take them a distance away so that you might disorient them. Like the next county. Just next door is too risky.

I am sure that my picture is on some spider most wanted poster at some little spider post office. They know that I know. Written in that wispy, trailing, elaborate spider script. I only hope that the likeness of me they have constructed does justice.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Haven't heard a spider scream, but....

My family and I rented a house for a few months in '89, after our house suffered fire damage and was being rebuilt...

Anywho, one warm sunday night, we're watching TV in the lounge, and my sister spied this spider crawling across the carpet...We take a look, it backs into a corner, and its a pretty large Huntsman...Body an inch or so across, legs several inches span...

We took a couple swipes at it with a broom, and missed...So we bought out the bug spray...I got close enough to give it a good burst, and just as I was about to spray, it got up on its legs, fangs moving like crazy and it made this hissing sound which we all heard...

I sprayed it, and it ran like hell...We searched high and low for it for half an hour, but we couldn't find it...

And we spent a really nervous night hoping it wasn't going to come back to seek vengeance

So....I've heard one hiss, but not scream...

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It is said plant's are able to scream, and rats are able to laugh! Picture sharing a conversation with a rat and laughing about it afterwards

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I watched a youtube video one time of a girl slowly lowering a crawdad in boiling water and she was listening intently to see if she could hear it scream. She said she didn't hear it scream.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Actually a few years ago I was trying to sleep and I saw a black dot moving around in my bed. i turned on the light and it was a huge spider. I freaked out and got up quickly. The thing stopped and started point its legs at me and I heard a light hissing sound. I was terrified so I slept on the couch.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by corey1337
Actually a few years ago I was trying to sleep and I saw a black dot moving around in my bed. i turned on the light and it was a huge spider. I freaked out and got up quickly. The thing stopped and started point its legs at me and I heard a light hissing sound. I was terrified so I slept on the couch.
was it like this one? spider video

[edit on 3-3-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I don't know why people have to kill things because they scared of them..
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I have pet tarantulas, I have never heard them scream, but it doesn't mean some types don't....if it was harmless why did you guys kill it?

Just because they are scared of them? So are you going to pick up and handle a Brown Recluse or a Black Widow? I believe it depends on the context in which you smash the insect or arachnid. If you just enjoy walking around stomping them out on the sidewalks, you might have issues. If you catch one in your house though, what's the big deal about squashing a spider? I throw out ladybugs, even moths and some other critters, but if I catch a spider, a flying cockroach, or even a mosquito I'm smacking it stupid with whatever is within reach. It is not fear, but rather a simple caution about certain insects or arachnids which might cause harm, spread germs, or diseases.

I DO think it is cool you have pet tarantulas though

The only insect I know that can scream are those Madagascar Screaming Cockroaches. That screaming spider the OP is discussing reminds me of that old movie "The Fly". I do believe that all living things feel emotions, and pain though. That is why I always live my life with respect towards all life as best I can. I do however have to worry about my life first and foremost, and with threats such as West Nile, poison, and possible reactions, I find it necessary to not attempt a "rescue" of certain species of spiders and insects that might be roaming around my house. I also have pets, and for their sake all threats must be eliminated from the house.

My cat is the only one I have never had to worry about, she smacks spiders dead in their tracks. She even offered a spider and cricket as a meal for me once, She was sitting in front of me, looking down at both paws. Then she looked up at me, then lifted her left paw, and under it was a spider. Then she lifted her right paw, and there was a cricket. Lol so generous to offer. I've seen her catch moths out of mid-flight and slap 'em into her mouth. I wish I had those reflexes, I could win a boxing Championship.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Only certain spiders will kill or harm you, it's not likley that you'll see one. So stop F'n killing living animals.

And I think spiders can scream.. Last mimzy anyone?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I don't know why people have to kill things because they scared of them..
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I have pet tarantulas, I have never heard them scream, but it doesn't mean some types don't....if it was harmless why did you guys kill it?

Maybe they like getting rid of intruders. Homes are for people. Not bugs. If dumb enough to creep in here, you're as good as dead.

Anyway, the idea doesn't surprise me. Hyenas.. laugh, there is some sort of an animal that actually cries, and more specifically, my old best friend raised rabbits, and said that when they die, or get really scared, they scream, and it's the bloodcurdling type'o'scream.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't know about screaming spiders but in about 1989 me and two friends went fishing. We caught a cat fish. One friend put the fish on the ground, took out his knife and cut the cat fish's head off. But when he first started to slice the fish's head off, the cat fish screamed. Loud. It was startling and sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join