It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate Deployment Just Ordered, Merry Christmas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by RSF77

I would just like to know if this is a hoax or not...and whether it deserves my attention...certainly at the moment it does have my attention...but if it is a hoax...well then I would have no interest in reading it anymore!
edit on 17-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

my 2 cents:

I think ATS has a flock of folks with little better to do than carp, whine, criticize, attack etc. for the shallowest of reasons.

Their favorite rallying cry is !!!HOAX!!! !!!HOAX!!! !!!HOAX!!!

Gimme a break.

HINT: LIFE IS COMPLEX.

Most dramatic situations--particularly with secretive globalist tyrants running things doing many complex and often contradictory things toward chaos and mayhem--it is not remotely EASY to ferret out truth from the noise on the circuit.

Virtually NOTHING in life is pristine 100% certain proven on stacks of fool-proof lily white "scientific" EVIDENCE. Nothing.

We always deal with probabilities. Deal with it.

One either learns quickly in the first 1-3 paragraphs to assess the probabilities of something being a hoax or not. Folks who have a hard time with that waste more time. Those with quick wits and masses of data to compare things to save time for better uses.

That's life.

!!!!DEMANDING!!!! that ATS's mods do one's thinking for one's self is a cheap shot, imho.

I'D MUCH RATHER have posters OFFER what they have heard, learned, experienced and maybe give a probability %% as to it's validity . . . AND TURN OUT TO BE WRONG . . . than have them WITHHOLD because of the rabid carping and whining and assaults hereon--AND THEN MISS SOME EARLY WARNING ON SOMETHING CRUCIAL AND LIFE SAVING.

I believe this current thread has a 90+% chance of being at least 90% accurate. Just my take on it.

I realize mileage may vary.

Folks need to realize that

WHEN they bend over so far backwards to AVOID A TYPE I ERROR

THEY AUTOMATICALLY BECOME VIRTULALY CERTAINLY VICTIMIZED BY A TYPE II ERROR. BOTH CAN BE JUST AS DEADLY.

Yet I NEVER hear any of the naysaying 'pseudo-religion-of-science' carping whining contrarians admit that VERY SCIENTIFIC FACT.

edit on 17/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: getting font emphasis to work

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Activated more fully is not a military term.

Active duty personnel are the people that volunteered to serve full time in the military until their enlistment is up.

Activated personnel sounds more like the reserve, guard, or inactive reserves.

A newly activated troop will not be privy to operational secrets unless its a routine deployment or low level operational orders unless its a "need to know" commander and his staff. I can't stress enough that the military does not give all its personnel military secrets and lets them yap about it.

Someone is grandstanding as we use to call it
edit on 17-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'd prefer people didn't willfully lie.

But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWolf1976
At this point, the only thing that could possibly stop WW3 is electing Ron Paul. Of course the medial and TPTB will do everything they can to stop this. Everyone who believes in prayer better start praying about this because it isn't looking good!

I AGREE ABOUT PRAYER.

IN TERMS OF RON PAUL--NONSENSE.

He's about as much under the thumb of the satanic oligarchy as anyone else.

Politics at the National and much of the State and even local levels

IS A FARCE, A CHARADE, A BREAD AND CIRCUSES DISTRACTION while they shred the Constitution and our Bill of Rights ever more thoroughly . . . now, even more brazenly and openly.

I believe that prayer can delay WWIII somewhat and can protect small geographic areas WHEN CHRISTIANS band together across denominational lines in mutual respect to earnestly pray and fast for such.

And, I believe that prayer can protect troops in distant adventures.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
The US only has one hope, that's Ron Paul. He will stop this madness.

Ron Paul does NOT have the CAPACITY stop much of anything and certainly NOT to alter the course of history.

Ditto Gingrich, Jeb Bush, Bachman, Palin, Romney, et al.

It's ALL a farce, a charade.

The die is cast.

The globalist oligarchy has been in increasing control for at least 100 years.

HE TOO does or will march to their drummer . . . or be taken out instantly.

He is merely an interesting distraction . . . helps keep things fluid and somewhat interesting for the serfs and slaves. Gives some false hope here and there--which can then be manipulated destructively later on.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

I deliberately mudied the water in my post.

My friend is NOT one to grandstand about anything. He's one of the closer lipped blokes in the group I met him in.

I could see no reason for him to be going to the country he's going to. I was shocked. And for the duration he mentioned was another shock.

It's likely I could post it and he'd likely not get any flack over it. Nevertheless, I'd rather err on the side of caution and on the side of his usual stance in such matters.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
reply to post by BO XIAN

Activated more fully is not a military term.

Active duty personnel are the people that volunteered to serve full time in the military until their enlistment is up.

Activated personnel sounds more like the reserve, guard, or inactive reserves.

A newly activated troop will not be privy to operational secrets unless its a routine deployment or low level operational orders unless its a commander and his staff. I can't stress enough that the military does not give all its personnel military secrets and lets them yap about it.

Someone is grandstanding as we use to call it

I agree, our CO wouldnt give us any details till we were 15mis from being boots on the ground. Kind of like running in to a burning house naked and finding out you left the water hose at home

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'd prefer people didn't willfully lie.

But that's just me.

Of course. No one appreciates lies or liars.

However, I think it's exceedingly cheeky and complex to be

SOOOOOOOOO CERTAIN (particularly so quickly) that someone is lying or hoaxing in such a complex era as we live in.

I find the naysayers much more apt to be lying than the average bloke just posting what they've heard to see if any other ATSer's can verify or disconfirm it for them.

I thought and think that's ONE OF THE MORE IMPORTANT PURPOSES OF ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

That's a good thing to do. But I get so tired of "Pssst, I know an insider that said."

It doesn't work that way in the real world.

Deployments to central Africa have been in the news a lot lately and its no secret why they are there. So keeping your friends whereabouts close to the chest is the best thing you could do for him and others.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Actually, when I was watering plants outside the pottery studio today, he was cleaning out his locker. I inquired why. He said he was going

to _____________ for ____ months.

I was shocked. I never expected THAT country and not that duration.

I blurted something out about some folks predicting WWIII within a certain timeframe.

I wished him well etc. and that was it. NOT A SHRED OF GRANDSTANDING. He's NOT the type. More the opposite.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
how about some of you do a little investigating os BS or HOAX um well saying off to Syria would be but as the OP threads says, no BS or hoax here

You would do well to follow your own advice, the news link you sourced is dated Monday, Nov. 14 2011

Fort Hood deployments continue

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I certainly agree about protecting my friend and cohorts.

AS to that's not how it's done . . . yes and no.

Many folks are very kosher about operational details and certainly secrets.

Some are not.

I doubt he was violating any orders in telling me what he said. However, it was also just I and his girlfriend in the building and I'm sure he wouldn't expect it to go very far.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If he told you, then its common knowledge and acceptable. If he told you something confidential then it goes against his oath and is treason. Sounds routine to me and blown out of proportions.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Gotta love it. If Obama achieves world peace he's killing military jobs.

First he's too weak and making the US a pushover weak nation.

When troops are deployes he's a war mongering commie putting soldiers at risk.

I can understand political ideology, but stay consistent guys. For a day at least.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm sure it's cast as somewhat routine--certainly as far as he knew. That was certainly his non-plussed demeanor. On the other hand, he's virtually always non-plussed, regardless.

Nevertheless,

*I*

did NOT consider the country routine nor the duration.

Both struck me as very unexpected, odd, curious, mystifying, inexplicable.

His demeanor, body language, voice tones etc. all indicated he considered it very routine and his rotated lot at this time.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

now you may understand a bit better how Bush supporters felt . . .

when the sun set--it was Bush's fault.

When it rose, it was Bush's fault.

When it was cloudy, it was Bush's fault.

When it was sunny, it was Bush's fault . . .

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
Umm hoax? Not exactly...

Thanks goes to bekod for pointing this out. There are indeed deployments from Ft. Hood.. though the article doesn't say they are going to Syria. I am sure the threat of civil war in the country that is being pushed by the msm has something to do with the move though..

Yes hoax.

ATS poster Projectvxn posted the correct information regarding Fort Hood's scheduled troop rotations on page 5 sourced directly from the The Fort Hood Press Center website.

Approximately half of the 602nd Ordnance Company will return home from their deployment to Afghanistan in the early morning hours of Monday, 19 December

The information Bekod posted is from last month and regarded the scheduled rotation for half of the 602nd Ordnance Company to relieve the other half that have been in theatre since July.

The battalion left Monday for a deployment to Southwest Asia. Its exact destination and location are unclear, but McKnight said his soldiers will defend strategic assets from possible threats originating from state and non-state actors.

During the ceremony at West Fort Hood, colors were cased and about 400 soldiers left for a yearlong deployment to various locations in the region. They will replace another battalion from within the brigade — 1st Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, which will return to Fort Hood later this month.

There is no immediate deployment to anywhere happening, much less an AA Regiment to Syria.

Whether the OP is fibbing or is passing on hearsay nonsense is irrelevant.

There is no factual basis to this story, ergo hoax bin....

edit on 17-12-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If there was a movement like this to occur a marine MAGTF that is on ACM aka Air Contgency Mission stand by they would probably get deployed first. ACM is a period where a battalion of Marines slated for a MEU is on stand by for anything at all around the world to happen. I was deployed on ACM once in 2004 we were given an hours notice and we were in country within 12 hours.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

Also I would like to point out from my prior experience being deployed rapidly the only communication I got was a 2 minute phone call while I was on the Tarmac about to step on the plane. Opsec should be important to operators.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
There is no factual basis to this story, ergo hoax bin....

That's more than a little puzzling to me that someone, anyone, can be soooooooooooooo

EMPHATIC

about something even as seeminlgy straightforward as that.

1. The military is enormously complex with units that base CO's know nothing about . . .

2. There are puzzle boxes within puzzle boxes.

3. There are subtrafuges within subtrafuges.

4. Perhaps the OP is mistaken. Perhaps not. I also don't see how MISTAKEN = HOAX.

4.1 Seems to me like far too many ATSers are far toooo in love with the word "HOAX."

5. I'm not God. I don't have omniscience about it.

6. Given that, I don't see how anyone can be soooooooooooooooo CONFIDENTLY soooooooooooooo EMPHATIC.

Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join