It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharisees VS The People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Why is it that the word of the son of God was unable to make it to the bible, an account of his last words to mankind just simply aren't "divinely" inspired "enough" or maybe they didn't like the change that Jesus brought, maybe they didn't like being accountable for themselves, realizing they held all the answers and are the only ones who can ultimately save themselves, Jesus lived all the teachings. Here are just SOME examples

Love thy enemy like thy neighbour (Forgive them father for they know not what they do)

Satan may do as he pleases but only God may take your last breathe (He survived the tortures and was still able to carry his cross)

Theres much more but I want you to do some researching.

Importance of interpreting the obscure sayings:
(1) And he said: He who shall find THE (true) interpretation of these words shall not taste of death.

The kingdom is within us:
(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you (plur.) say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in heaven,' then the birds of heaven will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. But the kingdom is inside of you. And it is outside of you. "When you become acquainted with yourselves, then you will be recognized. And you will understand that it is you who are children of the living father. But if you do not become acquainted with yourselves, then you are in poverty, and it is you who are the poverty."

The living will not die:
(11) Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. And the dead (elements) are not alive, and the living (elements) will not die. In the days when you (plur.) used to ingest dead (elements), you made them alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day that you were one, you made two. And when you are two, what will you do?"

Jesus has come to impose divisions:
(16) Jesus said, "People probably think that it is peace that I have come to impose upon the world. And they do not recognize that it is divisions that I have come to impose upon the earth - fire, sword, battle. Indeed, there will be five in a house. There will be three over two and two over three, parent over child and child over parent. And they will stand at rest by being solitaries."

The end is where the beginning is:
(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will come to pass." Jesus said, "Then have you laid bare the beginning, so that you are seeking the end? For the end will be where the beginning is. Blessed is the person who stands at rest in the beginning. And that person will be acquainted with the end and will not taste death."

A person of light enlightens the whole world:
(24) His disciples said, "Show us the place where you are, for we must seek it." He said to them, "Whoever has ears should listen! There is light existing within a person of light. And it enlightens the whole world: if it does not enlighten, that person is darkness."

Abstinence from the world:
(27) , "If you (plur.) do not abstain from the world, you will not find the kingdom. If you do not make the sabbath a sabbath you will not behold the father."

The world is intoxicated:
(28) Jesus said, "I stood at rest in the midst of the world. And unto them I was shown forth incarnate; I found them all intoxicated. And I found none of them thirsty. And my soul was pained for the children of humankind, for they are blind in their hearts and cannot see. For, empty did they enter the world, and again empty they seek to leave the world. But now they are intoxicated. When they shake off their wine then they will have a change of heart."

Jesus' sayings have long been awaited:
(38) Jesus said, "On many occasions you (plur.) have wanted to hear these sayings that I am saying unto you. And you have no one else to hear them from. Days will come when you will seek me, and you will not find me."

Jesus tells his secrets to the worthy:
(62) Jesus said, "it is to those [worthy] of [my] secrets that I am telling my secrets. Do not let your (sing.) left hand understand what your right hand is doing.

Light is hidden by images:
(83) Jesus said, "Images are visible to human beings. And the light within these (images) is hidden by the image of the father's light; it will be disclosed. And his image is hidden by his light."

Pharisees impede nourishment:
(102) Jesus said, "Woe unto the Pharisees. For what they resemble is a dog sleeping in the manger of some cattle, for it neither eats nor [lets] the cattle feed."

The kingdom is already spread over the earth:
(113) His disciples said to him, "When is the kingdom going to come?" , "It is not by being waited for that it is going to come. They are not going to say, 'Here it is' or 'There it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out over the earth, and people do not see it."

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
114 Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

[Saying probably added to the original collection at a later date:]

Same book right? Gospel of Thomas.

Have you read the "Thomas the Contender"?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
gospel of THomas is legitimate???? So Mark,Luke,John,Matheew, although they are so close and corolate with each other are false and some obsure writting with many teachings that CONTRADICT the truth of Christ is the right one?

Get a clue brother!!!! Gospel of Thomas has been marked as gnostic for thousands of years....God didnt send his Son to die for us on the cross just so he could allow lies to be spread for thousands of years. The gospels as they are are the TRUTH!! the TRUE testimony of Jesus Christ. Why would God allow Jesus to die and then not have the right gospels spread throughout the world?? God is in control of his word.

join