It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no stars... but

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Right before I start I DO NOT believe the moon landing was faked, to clarify DO NOT!

But what I want to know from a logical point of view (I'm inviting the intelligent people here) is to understand this for me...

The stars are not visible because of contrast etc, but we can see them here on our planet...

The space station shot a timlapse video and there IS stars:

Ive been trying to googling this for ages but cant find an answer at all.

NOW! I dont want the conspiracy weirdos saying "they faked it" blah blah blah... I want an actual serious discussion about it thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
technology. we have better cameras today than we did decades ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Did you notice that you can see the lights of cities? What does that tell you about which side of the Earth the video shows?

If the Moon landings had been made on the night side of the Moon there would be plenty of stars in the pictures from the surface. But they weren't.
edit on 12/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
technology. we have better cameras today than we did decades ago.

Yes that was my first thought but you have to remember they were using film rather than digital...

And old movie from the 60's has a higher definition than than an 4096 × 3112 digital shot film, the astronauts themselves said they couldn't see stars.

But what I'm getting at is why on the moon could you not see stars but we could see them at night on our own planet with an atmosphere...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Did you notice that you can see the lights of cities? What does that tell you about which side of the Earth the video shows?

If the Moon landings had been made on the night side of the Moon there would be plenty of stars in the pictures from the surface. But they weren't.

Phage I'm not really in the mood of your pseudo nonsense, pretty much all of the vid is shot during daytime in the imaged world, your thinking of contrast...

I'm not a conspiracy guy I really want an intelligent discussion about it, I don't believe the moon landing was hoaxed but a lot of people do.

A friend of mine (who is on ATS) showed me this vid and said "PROOF!" but I know he is wrong, I want to get together and explain it...

Sigh...
edit on 16-12-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the moon landing was real. But on some pictures there were things in the background that we civilians were forbidden to see so they photoshopped allot of those moon pictures and that's why you cant see stars. that is what i think. And while we are talking about the moon, i believe there is a alienbase on the other side of the moon we can't see and we got kicked of the moon because we have no business there yeah i know it sounds crazy :p

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Pseudo nonsense? Really? I thought you understood the problems with exposure when you said this:

The stars are not visible because of contrast etc

I must have misunderstood. You apparently do not understand. I'm sorry you're in a bad mood.

The Moon landings were all on sunlit portions of the Moon. The surface is very bright, the stars are not. This makes it impossible for a properly exposed image to show stars.

Most of the ISS video is on the night side of Earth. The surface is dark because it's night but the exposure is enough to show the surface (and stars). You can see that at the beginning, when the ISS is on the dayside, the stars do not appear.

A time-lapse taken from the front of the International Space Station as it orbits our planet at night.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Phage is right though. Simply put, the cameras had their resolution set for bright light and the moon was lit up by the sun. the stars were too dim to show up on camera. They were drowned out by the brighter light of the sun. Ever notice that you can't see the stars on earth, during the day? Too much light.....

www.clavius.org...

Here, read up more. Your answer is there. It's a matter of there being too much light to see them.
edit on 16-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Phage I'm not really in the mood of your pseudo nonsense, pretty much all of the vid is shot during daytime in the imaged world, your thinking of contrast...
What the heck are you talking about? Except for the last 6 seconds, none of that video is during the day time. And notice that the stars begin to be difficult to see as the sun starts to rise. In fact the light from the sun drowns out pretty much everything else.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Phage I'm not really in the mood of your pseudo nonsense,

Your not in the mood for his fake nonsense? What is this?
Phage actually is on to something, and you asked for the discussion, so he gave it to you. Then you chastise him?
ON topic: I happen to agree with phage, good day friend

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Pseudo nonsense? Really? I thought you understood the problems with exposure when you said this:

The stars are not visible because of contrast etc

I must have misunderstood. You apparently do not understand. I'm sorry you're in a bad mood.

The Moon landings were all on sunlit portions of the Moon. The surface is very bright, the stars are not. This makes it impossible for a properly exposed image to show stars.

Most of the ISS video is on the night side of Earth. The surface is dark because it's night but the exposure is enough to show the surface (and stars). You can see that at the beginning, when the ISS is on the dayside, the stars do not appear.

A time-lapse taken from the front of the International Space Station as it orbits our planet at night.

www.youtube.com...

Here is what the earth looks like on the "dark side":

The video is not the dark side, I clearly do understand contrast, your saying that because the moon is sunlit the stars are invisible?

But then how did the astronauts not see the starts?

How come on the moon the stars are invisible but on earth we see them everyday?

I've got on to you before about your "Pseudo" nonsense, you probably don't remember me because I don't have 16 billion posts like you.

Just because I don't have as many posts as you and as many flags doesn't mean your right!

I want a serious discussion about it, if you don't know the answers then go away...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The video is not the dark side, I clearly do understand contrast, your saying that because the moon is sunlit the stars are invisible?

www.youtube.com...

Where are the stars here?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Where are the stars here?

Well... that's a fine blue colour created by the earth's ATMOSPHERE.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I selected another image.

Because the Moon is properly exposed, no stars are visible.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I selected another image.

Because the Moon is properly exposed, no stars are visible.

Erm what? I not trying to be an a [snip] here I really want a valid explanation...
edit on 16-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by roughycannon because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Explanation: Uhmmm?

The link in your post to the external Image isn't working and so I have sourced another similar picture to help convey the message you are attempting to transmit!

Personal Disclosure: To the OP of this thread ... Please go read up on camera shutter speeds and exposure times.

I hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In the simplest terms I can think of.

You can't see the stars because there is too much light.

The same reason you can't see the stars on earth, during the day.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks,
I found another

Here's one with stars but the Moon is far, far overexposed.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If the moon astronauts pointed their cameras at the sky (remember no atmosphere), wouldn't the camera be able to capture the stars despite them being in the daytime on the moon?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join