It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The long-term dilemma of a Ron Paul presidency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is something I was thinking about today. Let's say hypothetically Ron Paul wins the presidency. Lets say he does a ton of wonderful things which include bringing the troops home, helping to balance the budget, and setting America on the right course. Let's just say he does that.

But what would keep another president down the line from coming in and screwing everything up? Many elite powers wouldn't want him in office, so what would keep them from 5-10 years down the line, having another puppet candidate who gets us right back to where we are today? I think we need more people like Ron Paul. One man won't do it for the long term, we need people with similar views, views that actually take into account the best for the American people and common sense solutions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

that's true. however, if ron paul is as good as he sounds, he will most likely fix most things while he is in office.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by youwontfindme

I know. But what I mean is that there is nothing preventing a future president from coming in and screwing it all up.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the "change" we have all been hoping for...
lets postulate a bit more, lets say he gets elected and also wins a second term. that is 8 years of Ron Paul leading from the front on many major issues. Example is a great teacher. in those 8 years he will also make many friends, powerful friends. the biggest most wonderful tool a president has is being an example to emulate. JFK was doing something right, and was able to rally America to his causes. Dr. Paul has these same super powers.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Once the American People Get an Updated Taste of Constitutional Freedom Again with a Ron Paul Presidency , I Doubt Very Much they would want to Go Back to a Obamaisk Socialized Nanny State after his Term or Terms are up . The Next President after him would have to be on the Same Page as Ron, or he would more than likely not have a Chance of Accomplishing anything of Importance IMO .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
lets postulate a bit more, lets say he gets elected and also wins a second term. that is 8 years of Ron Paul leading from the front on many major issues. Example is a great teacher. in those 8 years he will also make many friends, powerful friends. the biggest most wonderful tool a president has is being an example to emulate. JFK was doing something right, and was able to rally America to his causes. Dr. Paul has these same super powers.

And look what happened to JFK,
Not saying it would happen, but it is definitely something to ponder on.

As it happened to lincoln too, who had similar ideas.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hopefully Rand Paul would step up and continue his fathers legacy.

After him I think the voters would make better decisions on who would be POTUS.

This is all hypothetical of course.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The answer is simple, we will have the power. It is up to us to unscrupulously research all candidates involved. If we can awaken enough people to get Ron Paul in office i can assure you the voters will be very wary of electing just anyone to POTUS .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

... he will also make many friends, powerful friends. the biggest most wonderful tool a president has is being an example to emulate. JFK was doing something right, and was able to rally America to his causes. Dr. Paul has these same super powers.

Hope
Change

I said the same thing about Obama 4 years ago.

What is different between the two? Well, despite 100% obstruction from the opposing party, Obama had the majority of his own party on his side. Ron Paul has the majority of neither party on his side. Which leaves him zero room to meet the promises of his election platform (outside of Executive Orders). I'm not saying that he can't find common, middle ground with congress; rather, I am saying that it is a huge leap in logic, as well as faith, to think he will "make friends" and be "an example to emulate".

Nonetheless, I hope RP wins the Republican nomination....Not because I think Obama will mop the floor with him; rather, because I think his ideas are revolutionary, much like Obama's were...Alas, revolutionary ideas will never take root in a moderate world...and you can take that to the bank!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
He seems to be gaining support very quickly.

Maybe he could smack our prime minister into shape!
Or something along those lines..

Wonder what would happen with canada if ron paul were elected. o.o

Also, wouldn't he be president? couldn't he fire everyone in congress and hire some new young and modern candidates? Perhaps normal people who want to participate? =P
edit on 16/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
This is something I was thinking about today. Let's say hypothetically Ron Paul wins the presidency. Lets say he does a ton of wonderful things which include bringing the troops home, helping to balance the budget, and setting America on the right course. Let's just say he does that.

But what would keep another president down the line from coming in and screwing everything up? Many elite powers wouldn't want him in office, so what would keep them from 5-10 years down the line, having another puppet candidate who gets us right back to where we are today? I think we need more people like Ron Paul. One man won't do it for the long term, we need people with similar views, views that actually take into account the best for the American people and common sense solutions.

Maybe you haven't noticed but this movement has created a lot more than "one man."

Thousands of young people, maybe even millions eventually, are waking up to the concepts of freedom and liberty.

The "Ron Paul Revolution" will continue on long after he is gone.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Maybe you haven't noticed but this movement has created a lot more than "one man."

Thousands of young people, maybe even millions eventually, are waking up to the concepts of freedom and liberty.

The "Ron Paul Revolution" will continue on long after he is gone.

Well said, well said.

Star for you.

It has awakened many people up. The Revolution will go on.
edit on 16-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Look back at history. That's just not the case. We have a long history in this country of electing good presidents as well as bad ones. It seems to have no effect whatsoever on the general population's longterm memory when it comes to voting. If you use this logic then we should never have had a bad president since our first one was so great. Or if you think maybe it takes going through some hard times and then getting a good guy in office to do it, consider Abe Lincoln. After ol' Abe we should never have had another bad president again according to this line of thinking. Alas, not the case.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Unlike some of my Fellow Americans, I do not Suffer from their Collective Amnesia when it comes to Politics , and Do Remember the PAST . Unfortunatelly , I am only One Vote , they are the Many who Decide these things............

edit on 16-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Also, wouldn't he be president? couldn't he fire everyone in congress and hire some new young and modern candidates? Perhaps normal people who want to participate? =P

No. The President doesn't have the ability to fire congressmen. They're elected by the people.

What I would hope would happen is, if RP can bring about the changes he would like to (e.g. return to sound money, end military globalism, disband the Fed), people that have seen the loss of freedom and prosperity in this country will not be willing to let us go back.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
America was founded by Americans. If more people in local government had the philosophy of Dr. Paul America would once again be the greatest nation on earth. At one time people consulted the constitution; if we can get that momentum back, tyranny will be stalled if not stopped altogether in its tracks.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Please forgive me for this naive comment, but I've been thing about if RP wins the presidency, and wins a 2nd term; when it comes time for him to hand over the reins to someone else, what would happen if NOONE, not one single person, voted for any of the selections at that time? How would it get handled? Would RP have to nominate someone and that person gets the presidency?
Like I said, apologies for the lack of knowing and the great amount if naivety!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwontfindme

that's true. however, if ron paul is as good as he sounds, he will most likely fix most things while he is in office.

Explain. Please. Someone. Explain to me how the president can "fix most things" or anything for that matter.

The president of the united states is impotent. To think that ANYONE being put into that office can solve ANYTHING shows an obscene lack of understanding of how this country actually functions.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

... he will also make many friends, powerful friends. the biggest most wonderful tool a president has is being an example to emulate. JFK was doing something right, and was able to rally America to his causes. Dr. Paul has these same super powers.

Hope
Change

I said the same thing about Obama 4 years ago.

What is different between the two? Well, despite 100% obstruction from the opposing party, Obama had the majority of his own party on his side. Ron Paul has the majority of neither party on his side. Which leaves him zero room to meet the promises of his election platform (outside of Executive Orders). I'm not saying that he can't find common, middle ground with congress; rather, I am saying that it is a huge leap in logic, as well as faith, to think he will "make friends" and be "an example to emulate".

Nonetheless, I hope RP wins the Republican nomination....Not because I think Obama will mop the floor with him; rather, because I think his ideas are revolutionary, much like Obama's were...Alas, revolutionary ideas will never take root in a moderate world...and you can take that to the bank!

glad you caught the Obama reference, it was intentional.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
one thing is for certain the president doesnt need the help of any other branches of the government to end all American wars conflicts and skirmishes. he alone has the power to bring every single soldier home and close all foreign bases.

that alone is a huge amount of leverage to get congress to do as he wants em to do. they are all a bunch of blood thirsty war pigs so they will do anything to keep their bases open to exploit the world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join