It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian intercept of "Iran bound" suitcase nooks will be next Gulf of Tonkin episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this is too much especially after the nonsense about Iran nooks on last night's Dec 16th gop debate. it reminds me of the "yellow cake" excuse.

p.s. sorry I should have used quotes around "suitcase nooks". my intention wasn't to just get a headline but highlight the possibility this "capture" by the Russians could not only help Putin in some way but also the Americans can blow it out of proportion and use it (as Bush did and was done in Viet Nam ) to start a war.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 16-12-2011 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
they found radio active salt. time to nuke iran, especially since it's major use is medical.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"The Russian customs service said on Friday it had seized radioactive material found in the luggage of a passenger bound for Tehran at Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport."

lol yea lets just prance through the airport with radioactive materials .

"A Sheremetyevo airport customs spokeswoman said by telephone that the material had been identified as sodium-22 but gave no other details. Sodium-22 is a radioactive isotope of sodium that can be used in medical equipment."

im sure it was nothing but a great head line

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Spokeswoman Kseniya Grebenkina told The Associated Press that the luggage had been seized some time ago, but could not specify when. The Iranian hasn't been detained, she said.

The pieces contained Sodium-22, she said, a radioactive isotope of sodium that could be produced in a particle accelerator. Sodium-22 is a positron-emitting isotope that has medical uses, including in nuclear medicine imaging.

Medical uses.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hpschapters.org...

Critical Organ: Bone Marrow
Intake Routes: Ingestion, inhalation, puncture, wound, skin contamination (absorption);

Wonder if there was a bomb component.

11.5 mrem/uCi [3.1 E-9 Sv/Bq] of 22 Na ingested [CEDE]
7.8 mrem/uCi [2.1E-9 Sv/Bq] of 22 Na inhaled [CEDE]

Seems average per year is 30 mrem from soil/minerals so, it isn't very scary as a dirty bomb, really.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I never heard of suitcase nooks. What is a suitcase nook? Why is spelling so hard? I think it was deliberate. Suitcase nooks.
YOU can spell suitcase, but yet you cannot spell the other word after suitcase.
WHY?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I never heard of suitcase nooks. What is a suitcase nook? Why is spelling so hard? I think it was deliberate. Suitcase nooks.
WHY?

Also, what is the suspected items, contents of the suitcase? You know, electronic devices give off some forms of electrical radiation. SO, with that said, what was it? Hey, the plane's cockpit gives off electrical radiation. Did they down the plane for that?
What are the contents?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What did day do with da suit kay nooks? Where R da nooks now?
Is dis gonna be da start of A nook invest te gat?
What will hap'n now?
Cuz if it gets bad, it can leeed to a blok aid or some ting.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

WHY?

He does not whant the CIA or NSA computer the triger on the keyword nuclear OOOOP
oh to late for us now
FEMA camp for sure

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

WHY?

just joking around and also paranoid the web bots will pick it up.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

that's funny because I just gave basically the same reply before I read yours

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
"The Russian customs service said on Friday it had seized radioactive material found in the luggage of a passenger bound for Tehran at Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport."

lol yea lets just prance through the airport with radioactive materials .

"A Sheremetyevo airport customs spokeswoman said by telephone that the material had been identified as sodium-22 but gave no other details. Sodium-22 is a radioactive isotope of sodium that can be used in medical equipment."

im sure it was nothing but a great head line

I agree but added the part about the gop candidates churning the warmongering machine in this last Dec 16 debate. They piled on Paul and he did get rattled there by Bachmann's blatant lies and twisting of reality. I never saw him get really angry before and it was kinda cool to see honesty and integrity bumping head on into a product of the last 40 years of political horse and pony baloney. It would be very interesting to see him in office because we already know what we're going to get with any of the others including the current POTUS..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I feel ashamed bumping this title. This has nothing to do with nukes, and as for Russia i wouldnt be suprised if it was also run by gangsters like the US. The material is probably just medical or a few microwave ovens.

Iran has not imvaded anyone for hundreds of years, we cant say the same about other countries. I am not saying Iran is good to its people, but I am saying we should not interfere with the internal running of Iran.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I agree with you and if there is a way to change the title to "Iran bound suitcase nooks" I would. I call them that because that is what the gop candidates will use to do their fear mongering and war peddling. I support Ron Paul's policies 99% and will be voting for him in the primaries and writing him in if I have to at the general election.

new topics

top topics

join