It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis - real or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey everybody!

I have always thought about if hypnosis is real or not.

Now, I do only know two kinds of hypnosis, so if you know more, you are welcome to tell about it!

The first is the 'standard' one. The reason I call it standard, is because that's the one you'll see in television or some other entertainment program. Its the type where your for example make someone think that he is a chicken, or so.

- That, I just can't believe for one sec that it is true. Here in my home country we got a program going on at the moment, which is about that they find some persons who are easily affected by hypnosis, and then they can do what-ever they want with them. Like, make a bank robbery, make them do like they think they are on mars, even though they are sitting in a container.

But why do 1/4 of the people in my country, think this is real? Why do you think its real, if you think it is?

Well, now for number two, which is the more acceptable (my meaning) type of hypnosis. Its the type where you for example hypnosis a person, to remember an event more clearly. Or maybe even make a person stop smoking.

- Although there is still some flaws I think. Such as when a person is under hypnosis, to make their memory more clearly, then they probably make up more memories than there actually is. And for the person who is under hypnosis for stop smoking, just stop smoking because he thinks it works, and the hypnosis itself wont do anything.

But I guess my general answer is: Can I make my old dad into a chicken, or can I make him remember a certain moment in his life? Maybe make him eat less?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hypnosis is real its just suggestive power control.

Only catch is the person has to be WILLING.

If he is not willing to go into a deep relaxed state of mind it won't work. No matter how much you try

But if he is willing then you can make him bark like a dog , or run around like a chicken with its head cut off

edit on 16-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Its Real

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Hey thanks for your answer!

I know what you mean about the, if they will do it, they can do it. And that's the problem for me, is it the hypnosis that works, or the human brain who gets scattered around?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Oh and that video you posted reminds me a lot about the docu where they talk about how JFK could have been assassinated by a hypnosed person.

I find the subject really interesting, but I just don't know what to think about it.

You should try and see what they are showing in our prime time tv time... Its ridicules.

new topics

top topics

join