It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking: The Dirty Truth in North Dakota Viewer discretion is advised.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Fracking: The Dirty Truth in North Dakota Viewer discretion is advised.

www.youtube.com

Bakken Watch hired an independent lab to test the air quality on a remote farm in western North Dakota. The air sample canister was placed outside in the yard. The family says that they are sick, as well as livestock and other animals on the farm. The test reveals chemicals that should not be in the open air in such a remote location. There are many fracking operations in the immediate area of this farm. Viewer discretion is advised.

This video is a month old yet it is not seen/
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bakkenoil.org

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Warning very graphic video ***

Please delete if this has been posted before but I could not see where it had been posted. I saw this at the morning radio shows Facbook page at www.bradandbritt.com I haven't seen this on the news.

This is one of the saddest thing that I have ever seen. This is what can happen fracking goes wrong. Please call the North Dakota Industrial Commission, Department of Mineral Resources, Oil and Gas Division, at (701) 328-8020 or (701) 328-8021
FAX: (701) 328-8022
or email Director Helms at [email protected]

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
that was upsetting to watch... there are no words that can express my true feelings towards this..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I tried to watch the video and could not watch it. The moment I heard the woman speak and saw the cats dead and listless...I feel her pain. I am miles away in another country and feel helpless.

The government are evil and they should know better. It is obvious that America is is in trouble and all I can do is wish you well and hope that enough people make a BIG noise about this fracking business.

It is 2011 and we are supposed to be educated, evolved and to have a better quality of life - we are going backwards and it is wrong. The people in America need to stand up to the government they are killing you all - one by one.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Im not a cat person, but even I was shocked.
Just incase you wanted it, here is part 2 of that video (non-graphic)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16/12/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I find no reason for such a situation. This is an evil manifestation and the people responsable for this atrocity are not less than demons.

May the Wrath of God come upon the responsables of this. AMEN.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So what CAN you do?

Who can you VOTE for that would stop this?

Republicans want to DEREGULATE the oil and gas industry even more - you know, because that "creates more jobs".

Democrats lost their spine and now no longer fight pollution like they used to.

The chemicals used in fracking are highly toxic and neurotoxins to boot - they ravage the bottom of the food chain before we humans - insulated as we are from the natural environment - ever feel their effects.

Corporations have gotten so incredibly powerful they can force through any deregulation or laws they want, all to pad their bottom line and damn the consequences.

I can tell you one thing, if this industry tries this nonsense in my back yard they won't have to worry about who I vote for (since they are ALL worthless) but they will have to worry about my marksmanship.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Question : Who are the actual terrorists?

Answer : The governments and international corporations.

Solution : People across the globe need to rise up and take these greedy self-serving SOBs out ASAP -- or else the damage to our beautiful earth and its fragile creatures will continue unchecked.

F.T.G.

edit on 16-12-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul represents the truth ...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why are people thinking that voting for a particular person will stop the problem? The problem was started by someone who was elected by the people and it will continue because you elected another person who will not stop it.

The problem is the government - they make the decisions. Stop thinking the government will solve the problems as they are the ones creating the problems. All governments are controlled and all leaders are chosen before anyone signs a voting form.

People of America you cannot trust your government - they do not care about you - they care about their authority and money - that is all. If your government truly cared about you - fracking would not have happened. If they truly cared about you - this video shown to your leaders - would make them stop it immediately. Your leaders are psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists - you cannot reason with them - they do not care - they have no empathy!

God speed a miracle because nothing short of a miracle will stop this evil fracking business.

Much Peace...for the animals and humans who are suffering and dying at the hands of their government...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My fear as I watch this... is that somebody may have intentionally (covertly) poisoned this family/farm to bring attention to the dangers of fracking. Or someone in the oil industry may have targeted this family for previously voicing complaints/concerns about the oilfield in general. Not unheard of... believe me. I wish she had identified herself... her precise location... and included any neighbors who may also be experiencing similar effects. I find it hard to believe that this farm is the only one in the area having this problem. I'd be contacting KFYR in Bismarck if I were her. Sounds like these health effects are similar to what the people in the gulf experienced after that BP spill.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am speechless!

@metaldemon2000...and your point is? Am I missing something? Because at the moment you are a heartless troll....or have I got something wrong? If I have I apologise.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hopefully someday those responsible for this despicable act will face the consequences they've created.

This needs to be smeared from coast to coast until everyone and their brother knows exactly what it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Solution : People across the globe need to rise up and take these greedy self-serving SOBs out ASAP -- or else the damage to our beautiful earth and its fragile creatures will continue unchecked.
reply to post by seasoul

Although I agree with you, I am not sure how to get people to rise up. IMO people lack empathy for others. They are so concerned with their mortgage, paying their electric bill, and feeding their family that they don't have time or the incentive to "rise up". I read an article yesterday that in the U.S. over one-half the people are considered poor or below the poverty level. Then you have those who simply just don't care. They are to wrapped up in what is going on in Brad and Angelina's life that they don't have time to worry about fracking. Unless the situation is directly making life difficult for them they just don't give a crap. Until a few months ago most people had no idea what fracking was. I had no idea what is was until I came across this thread here on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The OP Robin Marks, and other members on this thread had brought fracking to the attention of a lot of people on ATS and elsewhere. Didn't we have a chance with this whole OWS movement to rise up? Rise up against banks, corporations, and even governments, but in my opinion it has fizzled out. Why? Because we lack empathy. We have more personal important concerns. How many people here on ATS, that believed in the OWS movement, got out there and participated? How many just sat around their computer and typed about it? We had an opportunity to "rise up", but I suspect most of us just sat down.
Until our animals and family are sick and/or dying from these fracking chemicals, I suspect we will continue to lay down.

When the pain of where you are at becomes stronger then the fear of where you are going, you'll move

I read that somewhere, and I believe in what it says.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I agree with you with but I must say , It's a it unfair to blame everyone. Alot of people have been brainwashed and manipulated into what they have become. I don't believe human beings are naturally evil but it's obvious to me that the media and the people in control have brainwashed us into not caring about each other. Thousands die in wars across the world in our name but they show us Celebrity gossip instead. I don't know what it's on going to take to wake us up and fall in love with humanity again but I fear that'll it have to be some sort of massive disaster.
Though Maybe we're so far gone at this point that even that won't wake us up to our greed and arrogance.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I don't know about all of you but these rail road cars have been going by here day and night every 15 minutes. Tankers that say procor. OH and get this. The company sells drilling beads. www.procorchemicals.com... YOU decide. The trains go on and on with the stuff. I wonder if any of this stuff is reaching MN.
The gasses that come out when they drill for natural gas , is methane down there too? Is that a byproduct of natural gas? or what. Is it separate? Why cain't they contain that stuff instead of letting it vent into the air like that? I hear methane comes out all over in siberia and the kids punch a hole in the ice and ignite the methane gas and watch it burn. This happens all over even in the oceans off the coast of florida. What do they do with that gas? Methane is 20% more powerful than carbon monoxide that comes out of cars exhaust. Doesn't methane depreciate the oxegen in the air? I have alot of questions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder if the companies that drill the stuff will pay fines for exhausting that into the air. Tax the pssss out of them with the environmental pollute tax.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My god. This is pathetic. The entire operation should be sabotaged if they won't fix the problem themselves. Litigation takes entirely too long, as it is designed to do so, so it shouldn't be an option. Wouldn't it be nice to see a cage full of oil CEO's sitting on this land dying miserably? I know it would give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
those cats look sick, the video only shows unhealthy "cats" living in a barn on the uploaders property ..

i couldn't find a link to the test results of the soil on that property.

why were there no autopsy or vet results as well

the disturbing thing is that these cats may be malnourished and diseased and someone could be exploiting that.

en.wikipedia.org...

Transmission and infection

FECV is very common, especially in places where large groups of cats are kept together (animal shelters, catteries, etc). Cats become infected by inhaling or ingesting the virus. The most commonly cited transmission source is feces, although contaminated surfaces such as food dishes and clothing can transmit the virus as well.

Dry FIP will present with lack of appetite, fever, jaundice, diarrhea, and weight loss, but there will not be an accumulation of fluid. Typically a cat with dry FIP will show ocular or neurological signs. For example, the cat may develop difficulty in standing up or walking, becoming functionally paralyzed over time. Loss of vision is another possible outcome of the disease.

maybe someone should take those cats to the vet instead of making youtube videos about fracking

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
wow... i am sorry but couldnt watch that for more than a minute. Why the hell do people let this happen? What would happen if there was no fracking? Is it needed i take it?

Poor cat at the start just lay there dying makes me sick, poor family

top topics

<<   2 >>

join