It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Britain And France At War.

page: 2
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by alldaylong
 


Going to war with France wouldn't bother me.....I should imagine they still have a stock pile of white flags left over from WWII



Yeah, and everyone got offended when us Americans said stuff like that when we had to deal with a snobby France.

Hint: I did not agree with Bush but just wanted to point that out.

Carry on...




posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Snobby French ? Nah . no way . jk Some English Canadians would still like to send them back to France for all their whining and concession that are made to them here . They tried to separate to have their own country in Canada but with to many concessions that they were not prepared to do for themselves if they succeeded .

France didn't want them back for some reason , wonder why . To many whiners already there perhaps ?

They sure love those transfer payments to their neck of the woods though .


edit on 16-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong
 


The UK was not all that fond of the EU in the first place. With the most recent action by Harper and now France, it shouldnt take to long for the EU to break apart.



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir
 





Yeah, and everyone got offended when us Americans said stuff like that when we had to deal with a snobby France.


Not me buddy!......I'm with you!

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." Jacques Chirac, President of France. "As far as France is concerned, you're right." Rush Limbaugh


Why should we expect the French to help us liberate Iraq, they didn't help us liberate France!
edit on 16/12/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok finally some thread where british people forget their famous "fair-play" and spit all their primary rage against French "froggies"...
As I'm FRENCH and I don't CARE any of those underbelt and unbrained attacks , let me say something :
British allways wanted to be different from the other countries in Europe...Different measures , different way of driving and the most important : different CURRENCY...
Very well , you had the right to make those choices but let me say you something : Your so loved currency will CRUSH in the same time than our euro because you will not be able to find buyers to deal with your so loved financial CITY (that one Cameron defended last week refusing the new European treaty).

I just want to add that I'm not some kind of "hater" of England , very far from that cause I've been working two years as barman in Peterborough , so I RESPECT british people for a lot of reasons...Definitely seem a lot of people in this thread are lacking of this respect...



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Thus it has been for a thousand years!

The frenchies get gobby, they threaten to chop our fingers off, then a small band of Englishmen go over and give an overwhelming force of arrogant, preening, yellow, frog eating surrender monkeys a good slap..

We always seem to come home with our fingers intact

Thats where the two finger salute comes from.

England... Kicking frenchies asses for a thousand years


I wish we all had long bows.
like the old days. gove they the two finger salute.



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bennogob
 





British allways wanted to be different from the other countries in Europe...Different measures , different way of driving and the most important : different CURRENCY...


No mate your wrong.

We don't have a different currency....we have the same currency, the same currency we always have had......YOU have a different currency.....remember the Franc?
edit on 16/12/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It has been quickly forgotten how the credit rating agencies were criticised, especially during the 2008 credit market crisis. They are not independant, they referee the game, for whom benefit ?



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by alldaylong
 


Going to war with France wouldn't bother me.....I should imagine they still have a stock pile of white flags left over from WWII



Yeah, and everyone got offended when us Americans said stuff like that when we had to deal with a snobby France.

Hint: I did not agree with Bush but just wanted to point that out.

Carry on...


I doubt the Aussies did. We get snobbed by the french as well. Well at least these days. Must be the short memory thing.



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
And yet, only 3 days after that shameful parade in the house of commons, Cameron does a flip flop for the banking cartel. He just agreed to join the next round of eurozone talks.

Haven't you heard him say again and again that he was fed up with this ?

C. Lagarde says everyone should participate and so he does, like a good little puppy.

If he really had balls, he would have let his people vote in a referendum, but that's out of the question, so he wiggles his arms a bit for the media and for his backbenchers, then joins the parade.

And if things turn sour for him, he'll be back to whining and whining, saying he's beeing bullied ; when his MPs think it's fine saying France's economy has sunk to the likes of Greece. But when they get an answer they blush, saying it's not fair, boo hooo.

That political parade is nothing but a show, it's cynical, hypocritical and farcical.



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Allow me to covey the majority British sentiment...


Seriously, 20 odd miles away? Leopards don't change spots.
We British KNOW the cut of their gib, no matter what patter they spout.
War? Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis
 


The reason he flip flops is because our industry like JCB are in the pocket of the EU. Don't tell me you haven't seen the EU spin as far as that goes in the last few days. THEY are desperately trying too win.
I am by far no Tory. BUT, if this nation and our head plays it right then we shall be great again. We don't mind this austerity, but we will not, and should not suffer by playing to the tune of pied pipers. Let them lead their own children to suffer, not ours by default.
I absolutely adore that people look upon mine and others thinking us as having little Englander syndrome.

Sic gorgiamus allos subiectatos nunc

Or in other words...Don't start what you can't finish....
edit on 16-12-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
For Sale.....
1 french infantry rifle never used, dropped once!
first to see will buy!



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
For Sale.....
1 french infantry rifle never used, dropped once!
first to see will buy!


That's funny



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong
 


We always go to war with the french, lol. Even on world war 2 we levelled the port of Breast.



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bennogob
Ok finally some thread where british people forget their famous "fair-play" and spit all their primary rage against French "froggies"...
As I'm FRENCH and I don't CARE any of those underbelt and unbrained attacks , let me say something :
British allways wanted to be different from the other countries in Europe...Different measures , different way of driving and the most important : different CURRENCY...
Very well , you had the right to make those choices but let me say you something : Your so loved currency will CRUSH in the same time than our euro because you will not be able to find buyers to deal with your so loved financial CITY (that one Cameron defended last week refusing the new European treaty).

I just want to add that I'm not some kind of "hater" of England , very far from that cause I've been working two years as barman in Peterborough , so I RESPECT british people for a lot of reasons...Definitely seem a lot of people in this thread are lacking of this respect...


As an Englishman, I cringed when I read those comments and thought that I hoped any French people would not read them. I think the comments are bourne more out of anger than anything else. But I think it should be understood that many people have a healthy respect for our French and European counterparts, we just do not agree with the politics. Politicians always paint a bad picture of its people to the world just like Cameron and Sarkozy do, however I have met enough French people to know what has been said here is not the truth. Please do not listen to the uneducated, our views don't allign, it does not mean our common courtesays should not either.




top topics



 
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join