It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please don't hate Servicemen.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
As a RS I too already feel guilt just from seeing protesters abuse the war and everything to do with it.

Opposing the war does not mean opposing our troops. That is the biggest fallacy shoved down our throats. I opposed the invasion of Iraq b/c I knew our government was full of eXpletive deleted to begin with concerning WMD. My strong opposition, in large part, comes from the fact that, as a veteran, I SUPPORT our troops and DEMAND they be used wisely - NOT foolishly, as BushCo. has.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't support this war for basically the same reason that ECK listed above: Our troops are not being used wisely.

However, If I could have any job right now, I would be in Afghanistan with the 25th Infantry Division, where I belong. I feel entitled to it.

I really just love the work. It has been the most personally gratifying and challenging thing I've ever done.

But I'm still doing my part in some fashion...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here's an idea for supporting our troops (in Iraq). How bout pulling them out of population centers and placing them out in desert garrisons. They can train Iraqi forces away from the Iraqi populace (who obviously detest our presence) and still be close enough (by air) to support Iraqi forces, should they need our help. This would greatly cut down on US casualties, allow Iraqis to police themselves and generally alleviate much of Iraq's hostility towards us.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Here's an idea for supporting our troops (in Iraq). How bout pulling them out of population centers and placing them out in desert garrisons. They can train Iraqi forces away from the Iraqi populace (who obviously detest our presence) and still be close enough (by air) to support Iraqi forces, should they need our help. This would greatly cut down on US casualties, allow Iraqis to police themselves and generally alleviate much of Iraq's hostility towards us.

Thats actually a really good idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
we should round up all these little punks who are ungreatful for those soldiers who are fighting for them and send them to Afgahnastan and iraq to fight for them selves! you are all ungreatful for the rights and priviliges that were given to you by those who died fighting wars for YOU!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join