It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please tell me about Matraya???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This will be short and sweet because the title states it all. I have heard this name across utube.
But now that I have seen a commercial stateing that he is the answer to all religons prayers.
Have any of you researched this person????

Thanks for any help and time yall can offer.
And if you're just passing through.....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

LOTZA LUV ~+~@

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Maitreya is the name many people WANT to be the name of the anti-christ. Maitreya is the form the Bhudda will take when he returns to this world (second coming of the buddha), which is why many thinks he will be an anti-christ.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Dont look to any person to answer any prayers. only our Creator has that ability. This stems from buddhism and represents the ultimate knowledge bringing buddha. The new age whackos say he is part of all major religions..they think he is the real christ, ect....guess they forgot about Jesus. Its like comparing apples to potatos in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Thanks, so far as I research him antichrist pops up alot.
But as I surf the web everything is onesided. Which is kinda bugging me LOL.

LOTZA LUV & THANKS 4 UR TIME

~+~@

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

LOL, No he's not the answer to my prayer's. Just repeating what the commercial on History Channel
said. Which is why I posted here. I think ATS is one of the best site's to get all sides of the story.
Unbiast is what I am looking for.

LOTZA LUV & THANKS

~+~@

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Firstly get the English translation of the spelling right.. Maitreya.

Then research the actual concept in depth... (without all the normal religious waffle and window dressing that comes out of the mouths of some North Americans who wouldn't know Maitreya from Mozart...)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mr10k is correct. Maitreya is the long prophesied reincarnation of Buddha. He is often depicted as the "Fat Buddha," (aka) "Laughing Buddha."

Some in the Theosophical, Esoteric, and New Age movements prophesy that Maitreya will be a World Teacher for all of mankind. They equate Maitreya with the Jewish Messiah, Christianity's second coming of Jesus, Islam's Imam Mahdi, and Hindu's second coming of Krishna. Maitreya, being the same single individual prophesied by most religions.

P.S.
The advertisement you saw probably said Maitreya is the answer to all religion's prayers because Theosphy says he is the great foretold leader of all religions, just called different names.

I only hear Christians calling Maitreya the Anti-Christ.

edit on 12/16/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

I find it interesting that all world religions predict someone.
I also find it interesting that in a lot of End of the World type movies that they have a Afro-American President.
edit on 16-12-2011 by mikeprodigy because: Added more to it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeprodigy

I also find it interesting that in a lot of End of the World type movies that they have a Afro-American President.
edit on 16-12-2011 by mikeprodigy because: Added more to it.

You noticed that, didn't you ...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Maitreya is a myth...

Theosophy have tried to create Maitreya for whatever their ends may be.. the did this with a very spiritually enlightened being called Krishnamurthy... who later denounced that he was no messiah or world teacher even though many within Theosophy tried to make him such.

Then there was the recent Raj Patel character who some still seem to be on the fence with as to the is he isnt he question.. still he came forward himself and said he wasnt Maitreya or the World Teacher... In my opinion he never could be.. as conscious as his work seems to be on the surface he could never come close to parallell of the wisdom that was Krishnamurthy and even he in my opinion was no Maitreya figure...

I think when the time comes if there is a character destined to come forward from the shadows and reveal himself to world as the world teacher it will be clearly evident from the get go that he is the chosen one simply by the way he will talk directly to our hearts and souls..

Like the parables of Jesus and the way he said things that had layers of meaning to them.. This is how i envision the next Maitreya to be..

I'm not saying he will definately come... i mean some say he is already here and living in an east london community... funny how the 2012 olympics are being held in east london... coincidence? hmm..

None the less we live in interesting times... if it's meant to happen it will, if not then we only have ourselves to rely on in terms of hope for humanity... and judgeing by our current situation.. i think we all know where that leads...

Perhaps we do need a World Teacher.. though many would argue the contrary...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Everyone claims to be one.....

Maitreya Poser #1 Raj Patel

More self-proclaimed Maitreyas The following people listed are just a small portion of the several people who claimed themselves to be Maitreya. Many have either used the Maitreya incarnation claim to form a new Buddhist sect or have used the name of Maitreya to form a new religious movement or cult.

Gung Ye, a Korean warlord and king of short-lived state of Taebong during the 10th century, claimed himself as living incarnation of Maitreya and ordered his subjects to worship him. His claim was widely rejected by most Buddhist monks and later he was dethroned and killed by his own servants.

In 613 the monk Xiang Haiming claimed himself Maitreya and adopted imperial title.[17]

In 690 Empress Wu inaugurated the Second Zhou dynasty, proclaimed herself an incarnation of the future Buddha Maitreya, and made Luoyang the "holy capital." In 693 she replaced the compulsory Dao De Jing in the curriculum temporarily with her own Rules for Officials.[18]

Lu Zhong Yi, the 17th patriarch of I-Kuan Tao, claimed to be an incarnation of Maitreya.

L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the belief systems Dianetics and Scientology, suggested he was "Metteya" (Maitreya) in the 1955 poem Hymn of Asia. Numerous editors and followers of Hubbard claim that in the book's preface, specific physical characteristics said to be outlined—in unnamed Sanskrit sources—as properties of the coming Maitreya; properties which Hubbard's appearance supposedly aligned with.

Adi Da was suggested by his devotees to be Maitreya: "an All-Surpassing God-Man yet to come -- a final Avatar, the ultimate Messiah, a consumate Prophet or Enlightened Sage, a Spiritual Deliverer who will appear in the 'late-time', the 'dark' epoch when humanity is lost, apparently cut off from Wisdom, Truth and God. Buddhists call that Expected One 'Maitreya'." [19]

Raël's Maitreya claims [2] center on the content of the Agama Sutra (Japanese: Agon Sutra),[20] supposedly a very ancient text written by Buddha himself, but which has been deemphasized or forgotten by the majority of Buddhist cultures.[21] Raël has claimed directly to people attending Asia Raëlian Church seminars, that someone born in France, a country which is often symbolized by the cock (or rooster), west of the Orient, meets the criteria of the Maitreya. Rael himself claims to be this individual.[22] www.maitreya.co.kr...

Joseph Emmanuel of the Mission of Maitreya claims to be the Maitreya Buddha, as well as a major prophet of God who purportedly fulfills prophecies from the Old Testament, New Testament, Qur'an, Baha'i scriptures and eastern scriptures.[23] Perhaps the most prominent example of Emmanuel's claims to being the Maitreya is the fact that his main teaching seeks to unify the world's religions by means of showing how each religion corresponds to one of seven "seals".[24] His use of the term "seal" is a reference to a central tenet of Christian eschatological belief described in the Bible, in which it is predicted that Christ would return and open a book sealed with "seven seals" (Rev 5:5). The Mission of Maitreya also makes claims that link Emmanuel's teaching of seven seals to Buddhist tradition. According to Buddhist Scriptures, the Maitreya Buddha will "take seven steps forward, and where he puts down his feet a jewel or lotus will spring up."[25][26] Emmanuel was originally a student of the yoga teacher P.R. Sarkar in India, who founded Ananda Marga, and while in this organization, Emmanuel was given the spiritual name "Maitreya." This has been cited as further evidence by the Mission of Maitreya that Joseph Emmanuel is the true Maitreya.

Dan Quinn (fighter), an American Mixed Martial Arts fighter, has recently claimed to be Maitreya in a series of videos posted to YouTube,[27] and has a tattoo of the name.[28][29] His interpretation of Maitreya is unclear

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You should have a look at this site.
Maitreya projecy Link
and dont let religious zealots bully you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03
reply to post by Mividau

The new age whackos say he is part of all major religions..they think he is the real christ, ect....guess they forgot about Jesus. Its like comparing apples to potatos in my opinion.

Seriously.... You actually just called a whole group of people "whackos" because their myths don't match up with your myths, lol... whacko

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know much about him, but I found this in a search:
www.maitreyathefriend.com...

About Maitreya The Friend of All Souls

Maitreya The Friend of All Souls was born John Lee Douglas in 1943. He was raised in a normal household and taught solid American and Judeo-Christian values. At eight years old, he died. During the time of his worldly death, he had many amazing experiences culminating in God taking him into Perfect Final Union with Himself "as a drop of water falling into the sea becomes Sea." God then asked him to return to this earth to do a wondrous work, which he did.

For more than 20 years Maitreya wandered in the wilderness of this world, alternately seeking and running away from his Destiny. Finally in 1977, he died in the Spirit and found The Way back Home into Perfect Final Union with God by his own Works. God again asked him to return to this world to finish The Work He had given him. Maitreya accepted and made a Sacred Vow directly to God that he would never again enter into Perfect Final Union with Him until he had gotten every last Soul Home into Perfect Final Union with God before himself.

Because of this Vow of Compassion, God made a New Covenant with all Souls that "Whosoever will receive The Friend's Holy Initiation and follow him to the end of this life, I will give unto that Soul the very Perfect Final Union with Me that The Friend has sacrificed for the sake of all Souls." By this, God's Eternal Universal Religion became a living Reality in our Time through the Supreme Self-Sacrifice of Maitreya The Friend of All Souls.

God's Eternal Universal Religion is a Universal Religion - born in America. This Holy Book of Destiny is the Bible of God's Eternal Universal Religion. It is the first Holy Book in the world to be written, directly, by one of God's Mercies to mankind. It is available in both digital and paperback at The Holy Book of Destiny.

Maitreya lives in Southern California, where he continues his work to this day, guiding his Maitreyians all over the world and preparing The Way for future generations of new Maitreyians to create Divine Critical Mass and win the Liberation of all Souls from suffering, sorrow, death and rebirth.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

According to tradition, Maitreya will be the fifth Buddha of the present kalpa (aeon) and his arrival will occur after the teachings of the current Gautama Buddha (teachings aka. Dharma) are less meaningfully communicated. Maitreya's coming is characterized by a number of physical events. For example, the oceans are predicted to decrease in size, allowing Maitreya to traverse them freely. These events will also enable the reintroduction of the "true" Dharma to the people, in turn allowing the construction of a new world. His arrival signifies the end of the middle time, the time between fourth Buddha, Gautama Buddha, and the fifth Buddha, Maitreya, which is viewed as a low point of human existence. According to the Cakkavatti Sutta: The Wheel-turning Emperor, Digha Nikaya 26 of the Sutta Pitaka of the Pāli Canon), Maitreya Buddha will be born in a time when humans will live to an age of eighty thousand years, in the city of Ketumatī (present Benares), whose king will be the Cakkavattī Sankha. Sankha will live in the palace where once dwelt King Mahāpanadā, but later he will give the palace away and will himself become a follower of Maitreya Buddha.[1] The scriptures say that Maitreya will attain Bodhi in seven days (which is the minimum period), by virtue of his many lives of preparation for Buddhahood (similar to those reported in the Jataka stories of Shakyamuni Buddha). At this time a notable teaching he will start giving is that of the ten non-virtuous deeds (killing, stealing, sexual misconduct, lying, divisive speech, abusive speech, idle speech, covetousness, harmful intent and wrong views) and the ten virtuous deeds (the abandonment of: killing, stealing, sexual misconduct, lying, divisive speech, abusive speech, idle speech, covetousness, harmful intent and wrong views).

source

We are a long way away from his return if he does come. We wont be alive to see it, so it's a non issue.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Basically think of an Buddhist Jim Jones.
edit on 16-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And there I thought he was already here.

All the hype on you tube videos with regards to him be the A World Teacher.

Hmms I will turn the other cheek when he does arrive that is for sure. another self acclaimed false prophet.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Here's a different view of Maitreya from Palden Dorje aka The Boy With Divine Power:

Nobody can stop this. The world knows the present form, past form, Arhat soul form, supreme being form, non being form. These three forms has already made the world unsteady. The true knowledge Maitriya knowledge has not been recognized by anybody. The soul Maitreya knowledge has its own guidance. But the policy of the world is not Supreme Being. It does not change it's philosophy in its essence. But all philosophy, the philosophy of religion is talking about the same thing. All human beings are unable regarding the religion and Bedha philosophy. Some kept doing some doing following the religion Beda and the whole life was repent.All religious text will find a different one while the same form philosophy. Those who get guidance will be submerged in practical selfish attitude but the glory between soul and super soul will never end. If the maitreya knowledge between the soul and super soul is recognized the wrong karma element of the world can be destroyed.But the world is submerged in its own selfish aim and nobody could keep the search of soul and the super soul in their heart. Today the world is in search of non violence and guidance in the form of kindness and maitreya.

You can read the whole teaching here paldendorje.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maitreya, like Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and any other 'world teacher', is part of the figment of the imagination of our collective counscious (or Group Soul), which seeks 'salvation' outside itself. It was why Jidduh Krishnamurti renounced his 'appointed' role as 'Messiah' with the Theosophists and would never 'join' any other group or organisation again, by stating that: "Obeying and/or abiding by any authority outside oneself, is the greatest insult to ones own intelligence."
This 'mystical' figure, Maitreya, is yet another example of keeping people looking outside of themselves, instead of going deep into the bowls of their own insecurities, shortcomings and lack of self-knowledge, which will lead them to finding their Own Truth. Scary business! But... Stop looking outside of yourself!
However... the powers that be, have, by creating the New Age Movement, conceived of this concept of One World Religion, in which one 'All-Powerful and Knowing Savior'-entity neatly fits the bill of 'uniting' all of Mankind into believing in the One Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth, so help you... some authority outside yourself.
No thanks, I'm out of kindergarden by now.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Thank you everyone for takeing time to answer me.

I had a hard time with the net for a day or two.
So I will be playing catch up with all the resources you gave me.
I tried to research but kept comeing up with one sided opinions.

LOTZA LUV & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

~+~@

top topics

<<   2 >>

join