It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO experts needed !!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I’ve never posted a video here before so I am assuming it will be wrong, perhaps someone can help get it posted after I screw it up!
The video was taken yesterday December 15 2011 on a southwest airlines flight from Houston hobby airport to Greenville south CarolinaBy my 14 year old daughter .She was not sure of the actual time this happened in the flight but she left Houston at 12 pm cst and arrived in Greenville at 205 pm est. she drew me a picture or the best she could anyway it looks like a boomerang . she said it looked like it kept" flipping" end over end and lasted for about 2 min enough time to film on her iPhone 3gs.
She was very intrigued by this and I said I could post it were people who knew about this stuff could give us an idea. There is all the facts and what not we have.... thanks for the help!

edit on December 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fix video embed

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It looks like the reflection of an overhead light inside the plane.
edit on 12/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

well that was quick and awesome thank you!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What you need to do is click on the "VID:YOUTUBE" button when posting.

and in the box that opens insert the you tube video number : xnrCnCoEluY

frame width="420" height="315" "http://www.youtube.com/embed/xnrCnCoEluY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

All done.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yup, have to agree with Phage, looks like a reflection.
Could be a lens flare from the sun but it doesn't seem to move even though the sun does (compared to the frame).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree with Phage also.
The light is a reflection and is static.

Sorry, but thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
99% sure this is a tampered video. You can see inconsistencies in the pixels surrounding the object, with abrupt, significant changes in the coloration. Also, pay attention to the movements around 25 - 30 seconds. You can tell these are layered images.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i was thinking refection too, she began to get very deffinsive trying to speak aeronautics and desribing the best she could. this is not a kid who even talks about aliens and things ..only of malls and boys and music ....that is why i went ahead and posted !!! i have another post with me discussing chinise lanterns and how they about caused a panic last summer in my town!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ark005

It could be lens flare (internal camera reflection). But because of the color I'm going with a light inside the plane.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

hahaha if i could skype my daughter holding her phone pressing play i would ....give me your email adress and ill email it to you as she did to me from her phone !!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm going with Phage. It doesn't appear to be moving at all, and the fact that when it does move it only moves relative to the white shadow glares hitting the pane from the sun force me to conclude it isn't what I want it to be.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

oohh well gonna have an upset kid on this I guess!!!...wish she could have captured it better moving like she is describing to me

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No worries... Notice I left that 1% for those situations where you are confident in the integrity. From my perspective, if I just saw that video from an unknown source, those were a few things I observed, that stood out to me. Probably a remnant of poor video quality. Its odd how the drastic pixelation shows such a drastic change in color from the background compared to the apparent glow of the object.
Also the inconsistent movement with respect to the background could be attributed to the movement of the camera, which would be exaggerated, which supports Phage's conclusion.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I agree, looks like that to me also, a light being reflected.
Second line.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Actually, on 3rd, 4th, and 5th look, im not so sure. Notice that there is what appears to be a vertical streak on the window. Now in the first few seconds, she bumps the camera. If it were a reflection from inside the craft, I would assume that the movement of the streak would correlate with the object. But thats not the case. The streak moves appears to move drastically since it is close to the camera. However, the object's relative movement is consistent with that of the sun. As long as she's not intentionally pulling your leg, I might be inclined to believe (if i were you) that she may have recorded something outside of the aircraft.

I would assume, that she saw something, then started recording. Therefore, being able to see whatever she thought she saw in real life as well as on the camera (ruling our internal glare if you trust her). Its not like she would just randomly point her camera, pick up something, then continue to believe it if she couldnt see it with her own eyes.

Furthermore, I hope that she would be able to tell if it is reflection from inside the plane by moving her own point of reference with respect to the window.

The only other possibility is, I believe those are double pane windows. So it could actually be a double reflection of the sun.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

now i think your on to somethere with the double payne and sun along with the fact there is 34k feet of lesser to deal with too. maybe the object she was sure about seeing then filming was just sun glare ..she never said it moved drasticly up down left or right it just flipped around , then she looked up and it was gone.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm typing on my dads account, I am the person who took the video and when I noticed it it looked like a boomerang but it appeared different on camera. When I 1st saw it, it moved very fast. It was going right then quickly turned towards the plane then went right again and I took the video. After I took it I continued to watch it and it made a fast circle in the sky and went right again then it just vanished. Again it appears as a disc in the video but to my eye it looks like a boomerang, I drew a picture of it too

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have to agree with Phage. I also have to say that whoever took this video had to have known it was a reflection, and this is a deliberate hoax.

<<   2  3 >>

join